Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Hardcore Juice Jabber

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Not to discourage you, Retic, but I went that direction too with 40/60 and a couple 100% VG and was disappointed. YOMV To me, the flavors were rather on the weak side. Might just have been my buds acting up, though. Nothing wrong with experimenting. :toast: EDIT: Sorry, are you going from 100% to 20/80? I was going 50/50 to 40/60.
Yup , I'm going from 100%vg to 20/80. I like the mouthfeel of 100%vg and I usually request extra flavor to balance it out. But for some reason the HA 100%vg was a lot thicker than the other 100%vg juices I've gotten from HHV. I ordered Legend, DF, Sludge and HA at 20/80 yesterday to see if I can get better wicking and flavor without affecting the mouthfeel too much . I'll give y'all my impressions when I receive the order .

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Have now tried all of HHV NET's, except Shadow. But my tastebuds have chopped and changed so much since stopping smoking some 90+ days ago that I just could not pen down my favourite. But seems to be settling down now and Pirate's Booty gets the prize! Tastes to me like PB is in the happy medium (for me) between the "sweeter" and more "earthy" juices.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Have now tried all of HHV NET's, except Shadow. But my tastebuds have chopped and changed so much since stopping smoking some 90+ days ago that I just could not pen down my favourite. But seems to be settling down now and Pirate's Booty gets the prize! Tastes to me like PB is in the happy medium (for me) between the "sweeter" and more "earthy" juices.

PB once was sweet (like Dragon's Fire). But there was a batch turnover and there was a grassy note present that wasn't there before. Your take on PB is spot on!

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Funny thing with Legend... My first bottle, a tiny one... I got back in July. Granted, it wasn't steeped at all... but it was sweet... hard to describe the flavor so far removed, but I would have not even put 'tobacco' on the list. Since then a few orders... and a little bit ago, I went with a larger order and it's now steeped for... I'd say 5 weeks now...

Now, it is a full-on pipe tobacco. The sweetness that was there in that first bottle in July... not really there at all. It is now just a rich, tobacco flavor with that slightly sweet note that you get in, well, many pipe tobaccos... Now, the July me would have been annoyed since whatever that bottle was tasted great and I was instantly hooked and this gives an entirely different vibe. But... I've since found another fav in cinful apple (speaking of which, I transferred the last of my CA into my 10ml bottle... ug... might have to break down and order some more). Now, the CA really kind of scratches that itch for a sweet, 'light' juice... so Legend had now taken on the role of satisfying that 'gonna sit in my smoking jacket and sniff some brandy' itch. In my 1.3 ohm micro'd IGO-l at 11/12w, it's really settled in and found its home (tried it out in my RSST, but it never really worked in that thing)

vaping this particular batch, if someone complained about Legend being too sweet, I'd give them a funny look... Describing it in a vacuum, without every tasting that bit I had in July (which was very sweet), I'd say that this is as close to a straight up, full on, no frill pipe tobacco that I've come across.

Now I am eyeing the 4 month old bottle of Huntsman that has been snoozing for a bit... I wonder where that one has gone. Huntsman was ajuice that helped me through a nasty bout of vapor's tongue in August... sucker is pretty strong... When my V5 finally comes in next week, I think this will be the one to christen it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Funny thing with Legend... My first bottle, a tiny one... I got back in July. Granted, it wasn't steeped at all... but it was sweet... hard to describe the flavor so far removed, but I would have not even put 'tobacco' on the list. Since then a few orders... and a little bit ago, I went with a larger order and it's now steeped for... I'd say 5 weeks now...

Now, it is a full-on pipe tobacco. The sweetness that was there in that first bottle in July... not really there at all. It is now just a rich, tobacco flavor with that slightly sweet note that you get in, well, many pipe tobaccos... Now, the July me would have been annoyed since whatever that bottle was tasted great and I was instantly hooked and this gives an entirely different vibe. But... I've since found another fav in cinful apple (speaking of which, I transferred the last of my CA into my 10ml bottle... ug... might have to break down and order some more). Now, the CA really kind of scratches that itch for a sweet, 'light' juice... so Legend had now taken on the role of satisfying that 'gonna sit in my smoking jacket and sniff some brandy' itch. In my 1.3 ohm micro'd IGO-l at 11/12w, it's really settled in and found its home (tried it out in my RSST, but it never really worked in that thing)

Vaping this particular batch, if someone complained about Legend being too sweet, I'd give them a funny look... Describing it in a vacuum, without every tasting that bit I had in July (which was very sweet), I'd say that this is as close to a straight up, full on, no frill pipe tobacco that I've come across.

Now I am eyeing the 4 month old bottle of Huntsman that has been snoozing for a bit... I wonder where that one has gone. Huntsman was ajuice that helped me through a nasty bout of vapor's tongue in August... sucker is pretty strong... When my V5 finally comes in next week, I think this will be the one to christen it.

Yes, these NETs will level out with time. When new, you'll get the stronger flavors dominating (usually the sharp sweetness). As it ages, it falls back with the crowd and becomes very pleasant. I find this most true with Shadow. It takes that one a good while for the tobacco to play a role in the flavor. To me anyway.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Funny thing with Legend... My first bottle, a tiny one... I got back in July. Granted, it wasn't steeped at all... but it was sweet... hard to describe the flavor so far removed, but I would have not even put 'tobacco' on the list. Since then a few orders... and a little bit ago, I went with a larger order and it's now steeped for... I'd say 5 weeks now... Now, it is a full-on pipe tobacco. The sweetness that was there in that first bottle in July... not really there at all. It is now just a rich, tobacco flavor with that slightly sweet note that you get in, well, many pipe tobaccos... Now, the July me would have been annoyed since whatever that bottle was tasted great and I was instantly hooked and this gives an entirely different vibe. But... I've since found another fav in cinful apple (speaking of which, I transferred the last of my CA into my 10ml bottle... ug... might have to break down and order some more). Now, the CA really kind of scratches that itch for a sweet, 'light' juice... so Legend had now taken on the role of satisfying that 'gonna sit in my smoking jacket and sniff some brandy' itch. In my 1.3 ohm micro'd IGO-l at 11/12w, it's really settled in and found its home (tried it out in my RSST, but it never really worked in that thing) Vaping this particular batch, if someone complained about Legend being too sweet, I'd give them a funny look... Describing it in a vacuum, without every tasting that bit I had in July (which was very sweet), I'd say that this is as close to a straight up, full on, no frill pipe tobacco that I've come across. Now I am eyeing the 4 month old bottle of Huntsman that has been snoozing for a bit... I wonder where that one has gone. Huntsman was ajuice that helped me through a nasty bout of vapor's tongue in August... sucker is pretty strong... When my V5 finally comes in next week, I think this will be the one to christen it.
Leo I agree with you steeped and fresh Legend are like two totally different juices , I have some approaching the 4 month mark and it's straight up pipe tobacco , you would almost have to do separate reviews on them steeped Legend is radically different but I love it both ways.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm assuming that the fact that I just received a replacement bottle of HA, with nothing but the word "Remake" written on my correspondence is an indication that I did indeed receive PB mislabeled as Heavenly Army. Let the steeping begin...again.

Yeah, that might be an indication you were right. Not that I doubted it. Let us know if what you got is really HA.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Leo I agree with you steeped and fresh Legend are like two totally different juices , I have some approaching the 4 month mark and it's straight up pipe tobacco , you would almost have to do separate reviews on them steeped Legend is radically different but I love it both ways.

OK Retic...do a review on our tobacco thread in the review stickies. Just follow the rules on the op. Or maybe you have already?

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
OK Retic...do a review on our tobacco thread in the review stickies. Just follow the rules on the op. Or maybe you have already?
I did one on PB , I don't know what I can add to what's already been said about Legend but I'd like to hear your impressions of DF fresh vs steeped .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I did one on PB , I don't know what I can add to what's already been said about Legend but I'd like to hear your impressions of DF fresh vs steeped .

I've vaped my DF 10 days old and it was 90% of what it is when it's months old. Much of the steeping occurred in those 10 days. I haven't had fresh DF in a long while because I bought 600 mls awhile back and feed off that. So its all well-steeped.

I'll tell you right now, Dust will disagree with me vehemently. He steeps his DF forever! :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I've vaped my DF 10 days old and it was 90% of what it is when it's months old. Much of the steeping occurred in those 10 days. I haven't had fresh DF in a long while because I bought 600 mls awhile back and feed off that. So its all well-steeped. I'll tell you right now, Dust will disagree with me vehemently. He steeps his DF forever! :)
Thanks Bronze, it's good to know because I don't think I'll be able to keep my paws off of it for that long until I can stock up on it at least.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I was working off a large well steeped batch of DF for 6 months. I finally ran out, ordered more and only steeped 2 weeks before I needed to use it. I couldn't tell the difference.
Let me know how that new bottle of HA works out, I just got another bottle and it's definitely close in flavor to DF it's sweet but no cream did they change it or is it my sense of taste ? It's still good but I'm curious .

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
I'll let you know. I'm assuming it will be what I remember it to be.

This was reassuring:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread