Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yup I was right on holding off on Jiggy , don't want to vape gummy bears or anise.

I'm with you there...along with a lot of other folks. Jiggy is perhaps their least popular NET. But the few who like Jiggy like it very much (Chak). Had a guy named "Gummy Bare" that visited this thread awhile back. He loved gummy bears. Needless to say, he loved Jiggy too. :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I'm with you there...along with a lot of other folks. Jiggy is perhaps their least popular NET. But the few who like Jiggy like it very much (Chak). Had a guy named "Gummy Bare" that visited this thread awhile back. He loved gummy bears. Needless to say, he loved Jiggy too. :)
Huntsman and Serendipity next I've been holding back on the Serendipity since I found I don't like coffee flavored vapes but since it's based on Legend I'll give it a try. I kinda already know I'm gonna like Huntsman .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Huntsman and Serendipity next I've been holding back on the Serendipity since I found I don't like coffee flavored vapes but since it's based on Legend I'll give it a try. I kinda already know I'm gonna like Huntsman .

Just a little Serendipity history...I'll make it short. Sounds like you might know it already. Adam made Gandalf about the time he opened up in Feb, 2012, perhaps a little after. He ran out of the extract and made a new extract (coined as Gandy2). That's when many of us HHV veterans discovered HHV. Many of us loved Gandy2 (oblivious to the fact that this was the second iteration of Gandalf). Then Adam ran out of extract again and made another batch. This was the third iteration of Gandalf (coined by us as Gandy3). We noticed it was not the same as Gandy2. This led to "Gandygate" (wont get into it here) He went back and tried replicating his Gandy2 extract and called it Serendipity. That extract/juice remains to this day. Meanwhile, Gandy3 was named Legend because Warner Bros put up a fuss and Adam had to change the name.

And that's the RRReeesssstttt of the Story! <my best Paul Harvey voice>

My note: When Adam replicated his extract process from Gandy2, it was never the same. In other words, Serendipity never tasted like Gandy2. IMO, it wasn't even close. I loved Gandy2 and it was what brought me into the HHV club. I never liked Serendipity after giving it numerous attempts over many months. I finally gave up as Pirate's Booty was near identical (if not identical) to Gandy 2. PB since changed and has never been the same so I went to Dragon's Fire which was also near-identical to Gandy2 and PB. And here I am. :)

Serendipity is still enjoyed by many of us and remains popular (see our HHV Top Five). RJ is helplessly in love with Serendipity. I wont tell you what I think it tastes like because it is not kind. But don't go by my opinion anyway. There are too many people who like Serendipity and you should give it a shot and make up your own mind. And with many of the HHV NETs give it 3 - 5mls before yo make a final judgement.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Just a little Serendipity history...I'll make it short. Sounds like you might know it already. Adam made Gandalf about the time he opened up in Feb, 2012, perhaps a little after. He ran out of the extract and made a new extract (coined as Gandy2). That's when many of us HHV veterans discovered HHV. Many of us loved Gandy2 (oblivious to the fact that this was the second iteration of Gandalf). Then Adam ran out of extract again and made another batch. This was the third iteration of Gandalf (coined by us as Gandy3). We noticed it was not the same as Gandy2. This led to "Gandygate" (wont get into it here) He went back and tried replicating his Gandy2 extract and called it Serendipity. That extract/juice remains to this day. Meanwhile, Gandy3 was named Legend because Warner Bros put up a fuss and Adam had to change the name. And that's the RRReeesssstttt of the Story! My note: When Adam replicated his extract process from Gandy2, it was never the same. In other words, Serendipity never tasted like Gandy2. IMO, it wasn't even close. I loved Gandy2 and it was what brought me into the HHV club. I never liked Serendipity after giving it numerous attempts over many months. I finally gave up as Pirate's Booty was near identical (if not identical) to Gandy 2. PB since changed and has never been the same so I went to Dragon's Fire which was also near-identical to Gandy2 and PB. And here I am. :) Serendipity is still enjoyed by many of us and remains popular (see our HHV Top Five). RJ is helplessly in love with Serendipity. I wont tell you what I think it tastes like because it is not kind. But don't go by my opinion anyway. There are too many people who like Serendipity and you should give it a shot and make up your own mind. And with many of the HHV NETs give it 3 - 5mls before yo make a final judgement.
Thank's Bronze, I think that's the way it goes with NET's, you gotta accept inconsistencies if you don't want chemical additives . I've never totally blamed big tobacco for the additives , how else are you gonna make a marlboro taste like a marlboro year after year when the tobacco crop varies from season to season . A lot of people are too dense to accept that explanation .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thank's Bronze, I think that's the way it goes with NET's, you gotta accept inconsistencies if you don't want chemical additives . I've never totally blamed big tobacco for the additives , how else are you gonna make a marlboro taste like a marlboro year after year when the tobacco crop varies from season to season . A lot of people are too dense to accept that explanation .

Indeed!!!!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Yup, loved his avatar - you could the skeleton and organs inside the Gummy bear. He's still around; just hasn't dropped in here in a while. I see him on FB quite often.

Jiggy like Oompa too, I imagine, is one of those you either hate or like a lot.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Anyone who has heard that HHV's NETs are some of the cleanest out there.... if you aren't sure of the truth to that statement... look here... I run cotton wicks on my RDAs, and I noticed a 2 day old set (Legend) on my Nimbus clone were getting a little darkened and might need to be replaced. I took off the cap and ran it under the water for a quick rinse just to get the loose juice cleaned out before I pulled the old cotton. Just enough for a quick rinse...

Cotton wicks are unforgiving... they will filter out any crud in a juice... staining the cotton. I had a NET from MOV that turned a cotton wick into some black, tar-ry mess.

This is what I saw:

20131017_003003.jpg

Last edited:

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Anyone who has heard that HHV's NETs are some of the cleanest out there.... if you aren't sure of the truth to that statement... look here... I run cotton wicks on my RDAs, and I noticed a 2 day old set (Legend) on my Nimbus clone were getting a little darkened and might need to be replaced. I took off the cap and ran it under the water for a quick rinse just to get the loose juice cleaned out before I pulled the old cotton. Just enough for a quick rinse... Cotton wicks are unforgiving... they will filter out any crud in a juice... staining the cotton. I had a NET from MOV that turned a cotton wick into some black, tar-ry mess. This is what I saw: View attachment 262694
Preaching to the choir Leo, but we still like to hear it and maybe gloat just a wee bit LOL!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Preaching to the choir Leo, but we still like to hear it and maybe gloat just a wee bit LOL!

I do like to see it too. I'll break down my Kayfun after a few tanks to clean and dry burn my silica wicks. I gt a little puff of smoke and that's it. I'll vape some of my GeJ or QnJ (even just a ml or two) and it smokes like a chimney.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I've been experimenting with my pg/vg ratio the last couple of orders , I went from 100%vg to 20/80 and then 30/70 . At 20/80 the flavor was brighter and wicking was much improved , at 30/70 it burns my throat and nose . I didn't think I was sensitive to pg but I gave it a few days and tankfulls and I was still getting that burn . I finally cut it with some 100%vg hhv that I had and problem solved . Next order will be at 20/80 seems that's as much pg as I can tolerate . I kept the nic level at 18 for the last 2 orders down from 24 with 100%vg so I know the only thing that changed was the ratio

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've been experimenting with my pg/vg ratio the last couple of orders , I went from 100%vg to 20/80 and then 30/70 . At 20/80 the flavor was brighter and wicking was much improved , at 30/70 it burns my throat and nose . I didn't think I was sensitive to pg but I gave it a few days and tankfulls and I was still getting that burn . I finally cut it with some 100%vg hhv that I had and problem solved . Next order will be at 20/80 seems that's as much pg as I can tolerate . I kept the nic level at 18 for the last 2 orders down from 24 with 100%vg so I know the only thing that changed was the ratio

Funny how tight hat range is for you. But PG-sensitive vapers are that way.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Funny how tight hat range is for you. But PG-sensitive vapers are that way.
I know I can't believe what a difference that little bit of pg made , I gotta assume that HHV is precise with their mixing procedure but as busy as they are maybe a mistake was made on it but now I'm out of 100%vg Legend so I'm gonna play it safe at 20/80 don't want to be out of my EDV .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread