Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Good point. Makes sense too. Now hopefully he can get used to the feeling of pressure in his ears because these new ones fit so well. Hearing aids are rough - it’s no walk in the park to get used to them.
Getting use to them can take months. You lose your hearing slowly. So your brain adjust as that happens. You now have to relearn to hear again.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Lots of back ground noise. And you know how the little ones tend to scream and squeal? Amplify that and it can be hard on the eardrums. :)
Right, and dishes and children tend to be right on the frequency that usually get the most amplification. My first hearing aid actually had a program called "restaurant'.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
I read that if you don’t have the hearing aids properly inserted, that you can get feedback - that high screeching. Have either of you experienced that @Nermal or @DavidOH
I think it's more a matter of improper adjustment.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I read that if you don’t have the hearing aids properly inserted, that you can get feedback - that high screeching. Have either of you experienced that @Nermal or @DavidOH
Nermal has it right. It's more about adjustment. About the only thing I get with mine is wind noise. And the wind has to be gusting a good clip for that to happen.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I think it's more a matter of improper adjustment.

Nermal has it right. It's more about adjustment. About the only thing I get with mine is wind noise. And the wind has to be gusting a good clip for that to happen.
Thank you both! Your answers make sense. He actually is leaving the hearing aids resting in his ear, outside of his ear canal. But he is 88 and simply doesn’t want discomfort ever. Can’t say I blame him.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Latest fight is with insurance company. For second year in a row I have to fight with them to pay for my lung screening. It’s supposed to be preventative healthcare covered at 100% but they keep billing me. However, I don’t think it’s the insurance company’s fault. The radiologist does not code the claim correctly. So it keeps appearing it is the doc’s fault.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Hello everyone long time since been on here like over 10 yrs still vaping(15 yrs this October) hanging in there...Bronze had my lung screening last yr no problems lung wise or ins paying but due again this June will look out for the codes.Just semi-retired recently try to get on here more often shoot the crap :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello everyone long time since been on here like over 10 yrs still vaping(15 yrs this October) hanging in there...Bronze had my lung screening last yr no problems lung wise or ins paying but due again this June will look out for the codes.Just semi-retired recently try to get on here more often shoot the crap :)
If you had the lung screening go thru as preventative healthcare once then you should be in good shape. For some reasons my radiologist struggles getting my claims right.

Not that I need to tell you, but those lung screenings can save your life.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon... Well I went to work at 6:45 and was done at 1:00. Road with someone today and they said I would again tomorrow. I did suggest that the quicker I was on my own the quicker I would learn what to do. We'll see.
Starting tomorrow at 6:30.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Hello and welcome back! We love having more folks around! Congrats on semi-retirement and still vaping too. :thumbs:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon.... No work tomorrow. Have a Doctor appointment for my shoulder. Was setup by the attorney to get another opinion. So far the job isn't bothering it to much. It's still sore but then again I haven't worked for over a year. So I'm a bit out of condition. And so far I like the job.

Users who are viewing this thread