Hussar RTA single coil deck (attack of the clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
My JFC is a bit tight, I just use one of these to hold the bottom of the tank, then twist :)

Thanks Steamer! I'll give it a shot. If that's not successful, I may take the tank apart and try lubing the o-ring. I don't remember doing it when I put it all together for the first time.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Reactions: ToolmanTexas

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I've got two Hussars now, and one of them is giving me fits. I can't adjust the jfc on one of them at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any tips on resolving this? I try to twist the tank on one of them and it just won't move.

JW, try loosening the top cap, where the fill port is. If it is screwed down too tightly then the juice control will not work at all. You will have to experiment a bit with it and get the top cap not too loose so you loose vacuum and juice, but just tight enough that the JFC will still turn. I've been there and done that myself.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
JW, try loosening the top cap, where the fill port is. If it is screwed down too tightly then the juice control will not work at all. You will have to experiment a bit with it and get the top cap not too loose so you loose vacuum and juice, but just tight enough that the JFC will still turn. I've been there and done that myself.

Thanks 52! I loosened the top cap, and it still wouldn't allow me to open the juice control, so I emptied the tank and swapped it out for another one of my Microtanks. This one is working great! I can open and close the jfc with no problem.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thanks 52! I loosened the top cap, and it still wouldn't allow me to open the juice control, so I emptied the tank and swapped it out for another one of my Microtanks. This one is working great! I can open and close the jfc with no problem.

Hey JW. It sounds to me like there is something wrong with that one tank tube. Not you're fault or anything wrong with what you were doing. You got your Hussar to work though, that's the important part. How you liking it now ?

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Just got mine in yesterday man this thing is heavy with the ss tank. Will the plastic tank melt with some juices?

I would say, Yes, at least that's the premise I'm going under for me and this PMMA tank.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hey JW. It sounds to me like there is something wrong with that one tank tube. Not you're fault or anything wrong with what you were doing. You got your Hussar to work though, that's the important part. How you liking it now ?

Hello 52! It's working great now. I love the Hussar, but I found that the flavor of my favorite juice, AHL's Mango Lassi, is better in the Siren. It's very good in the Hussar, but it's not quite as good as in the Siren. Of course, I should add that I'm still using the original pin that came with the tank, instead of the smallest pin, since the last time I tried to switch out the pin, I had to buy another base for it. It may be that once I get the smaller pin in it, the flavor the Hussar provides will blow away the Siren. I'm routing for the Hussar, actually, since our supply of Sirens has dried up!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I've got the mtl pin in my hussar with micro tank and the flavor is outstanding... Enough to make me deal w the faff laden JFC lol

I'm trying to work up my courage enough to try that installation again. If I screw it up again, though, I'll be veryyyyyy angry! Do you think the pin makes a big improvement in flavor?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I'm trying to work up my courage enough to try that installation again. If I screw it up again, though, I'll be veryyyyyy angry! Do you think the pin makes a big improvement in flavor?
I have not used the hussar in any other configuration but in this config I'm loving it!!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I installed the smaller pin and I am getting a message that it shorted on one mod and when I screw the atty onto a different mod, the message is that the atomizer is low. I did not lose the positive post insulator this time, but it won't vape. I've got to have done something wrong, but I can't figure out what it might be. I'm off to watch some videos you guys posted for me the last time I screwed this up.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I installed the smaller pin and I am getting a message that it shorted on one mod and when I screw the atty onto a different mod, the message is that the atomizer is low. I did not lose the positive post insulator this time, but it won't vape. I've got to have done something wrong, but I can't figure out what it might be. I'm off to watch some videos you guys posted for me the last time I screwed this up.
Best I found...don't know if will help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread