Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Burnie, have you received your FT Divers yet? If so, how do you like them?

As I remember, you got a Billet Box clone some time back and weren't too crazy about it. I just saw a sale on Billet Box clone on Gearbest by Asmart. It's on pre-order for $57.48.

Is this the same brand/manufacturer that you got? Did you ever get it working satisfactorily?
Nope, not yet, still "origin post is preparing shipment" since the 11th. :(
Billet Box Clone is fine, just not a big fan of box mods. No idea the Mfg, but the price off eBay was around $58 something or the other.
Was going to put one of the Divers in it, but shipping is being a little slow at the moment. :(

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I did it. I just couldn't resist the blue BB clone. It's so pretty!

Now, I'm trying to resist the $50/liter nic sale at MFS. I can't help it. I just feel more relaxed knowing I have enough (even a little more than I might really need).

I feel like I'm being silly. But, . . . .

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I did it. I just couldn't resist the blue BB clone. It's so pretty!
That's what I did, just got the better of me and had to have one. :D What killed me was I paid $58.85 for the BB, but then paid $33.21 for 4 AW 16340 batteries for it. :shock:

OK. Couldn't resist. One more liter of nic on the way!
No such thing as having too much. I have over a liter in the freezer and have not been DIY as of late as I have over a liter of NT juice I am using at the moment. I have enough stuff I could go for several years without purchasing juice. :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
That's what I did, just got the better of me and had to have one. :D What killed me was I paid $58.85 for the BB, but then paid $33.21 for 4 AW 16340 batteries for it. :shock:
I know. I calculate how much I can afford and never take into account the batteries. So, I often have to wait and buy those later. It's like buying a mod on an installment plan since I can't use the device until I buy the batteries too.

Batteries just don't give the same sense of satisfaction per dollar as the pretty, shiny stuff. It's like buying toilet paper. Necessary, but boring.

Burnie said:
No such thing as having too much. I have over a liter in the freezer and have not been DIY as of late as I have over a liter of NT juice I am using at the moment. I have enough stuff I could go for several years without purchasing juice. :)
I probably have enough to last a lifetime now!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well my Diver V2's came in today :banana:
Didn't like the flange, so to the garage to grind it off with the dermal. :)
Fits good in an IBTanked now. So far not bad, will see if it leaks.
I like the option on the Sophia to turn off the juice flow, but these are not bad for the price.
Leaving tomorrow on a short vacation to go fishing, will try it in the BB when I get back.
It's amazing how much vape gear I pack for 5 days, enough to last a month or two. :facepalm:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well my Diver V2's came in today :banana:
Didn't like the flange, so to the garage to grind it off with the dermal. :)
Fits good in an IBTanked now. So far not bad, will see if it leaks.
I like the option on the Sophia to turn off the juice flow, but these are not bad for the price.
Leaving tomorrow on a short vacation to go fishing, will try it in the BB when I get back.
It's amazing how much vape gear I pack for 5 days, enough to last a month or two. :facepalm:

Enjoy your fishing trip. I'm a natural over-packer. But, experience has kept me that way. It's the one event you don't expect that teaches you for next time to pack even more!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Back from Vacation:(
Be warned, the Hybris lanyards are a POS, had 2 that the line broke on this weekend, lucky I saw it and didn't drop it in the lake. Now on the search for a line that the Hybris hole won't cut. Hope ya'll are doing ok. :)
Thanks for the warning! So glad you caught it in time!

Ended up not needing all my backups, only used one setup, #2 w/Sophia. Just batteries and juice, all the other stuff collected dust. :)
But, if you hadn't taken them, you WOULD have needed them!

Welcome back, Burnie! Hope you had a great vacation!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Welcome back, Burnie! Hope you had a great vacation!
Thanks. Was good and bad. Had fun when we rented the pontoon boat for 1/2 day, enjoyed what I grilled and the restaurants we ate at, But the room had drain fly's real bad (had to keep pouring bleach down the drains to keep them at bay) and the fishing sucked, not even junk fish taking the bait. We left Saturday lunchtime, even though I had already payed to stay another night. First and Last time we will stay in that area. Now we need to search out where we are going next time (August I hope). We have some places that we like we could go to, but we still like trying new places.

Reactions: IMRs

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Hey DH, how are you liking the Diver V2 clone? Got around to trying one of mine this afternoon, vapes good, been sitting with juice in it for a while, no leaks. Have it with a 2.4Ω coil wicked with rayon. Draw is a little tighter than the Sophia, more like a carto, but it is working good in an IBTanked (but I did grind off the flange of the Diver), and no wobble like I was having with the Sophia, got a use for my IBTanked tanks again. :) Might have to order more spares whenever I place another order with FT. :D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Hey DH, how are you liking the Diver V2 clone? Got around to trying one of mine this afternoon, vapes good, been sitting with juice in it for a while, no leaks. Have it with a 2.4Ω coil wicked with rayon. Draw is a little tighter than the Sophia, more like a carto, but it is working good in an IBTanked (but I did grind off the flange of the Diver), and no wobble like I was having with the Sophia, got a use for my IBTanked tanks again. :) Might have to order more spares whenever I place another order with FT. :D
I'm embarrassed to admit, I haven't tried them yet.

When I first got them, I set one one of them on my nightstand and started looking up videos to make sure I built it right. Then something came up, and I put it off. It doesn't take much to get me to procrastinate.

OK. I just pulled my FT Diver V2 out and watched Todd's video again. I pulled out my NR-R-NR wire and my tools. All set, right. But, the center pin it too tight! I can't fit it back into the bottom of the ceramic cup with the wire poked up inside it.

Did you have any trouble with putting the cup back in and fitting the pin and cup together once you had a coil in the cup? Or, am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I'm embarrassed to admit, I haven't tried them yet.

When I first got them, I set one one of them on my nightstand and started looking up videos to make sure I built it right. Then something came up, and I put it off. It doesn't take much to get me to procrastinate.

OK. I just pulled my FT Diver V2 out and watched Todd's video again. I pulled out my NR-R-NR wire and my tools. All set, right. But, the center pin it too tight! I can't fit it back into the bottom of the ceramic cup with the wire poked up inside it.

Did you have any trouble with putting the cup back in and fitting the pin and cup together once you had a coil in the cup? Or, am I doing something wrong?
Doing nothing wrong, happens sometimes with the Sophia also. Might try taking the center pin out, then slowly work it into the hole in the cup to seat the wire, then reinstall it and try to put in the cup. I have also had problems with some coils that the negative wire won't connect good and the ohms jump around. Sorry but sometimes you have to futz with them, and sometimes they go together great. Been vaping the Diver V2 all day today in an IBTanked, there have been a few times I wish I could have opened the juice flow a little like with the Sophia (I had to no fire draw the Diver V2 like on a carto to get a little more juice in it) but for the most part it is working good.

Hybris.Diver.V2.IBTanked.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I did it!!! :rickroll:

I didn't think it was ever going to go in at first. But, it finally did. Next time it went in just a little easier (but still hard enough that I had to lay it down for a minute to rest my fingers).

diverInBella.jpg

It's together and working! You're right, the draw is a bit tight. But, it works!!!

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well been using the Diver V2 in an IBTanked on the Hybris, have to say I am liking it, so much so that I just ordered 2 more tonight (less than $10 with tracking), and I need something to track. :)
I sanded off the flange on them so the tanks would fit flush, and they are working great, no leaks in the last week of using them. Still have no idea what the 2 small o-rings in the pack are for, too small for the + post, and in the comments/reviews on FT, no one else knows either. Still confused that FT does not sell the ceramic cups for them, might be that they don't expect them to be popular and they won't sell, but they do fit quite a few atomizers. How are yours working for you DH?

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I've only used the one so far. But, it's still going strong in my Bella tank. I too plan to buy more.

Only buy $10 worth from FT?! That's just not right! No drip-tips even? FT is THE place to play around with drip-tips!
I have plenty of DT that work for me, no reason to order more to sit on the shelf. I really have everything I need to last for YEARS of vaping without purchasing anything, really need to sell off some of it. :facepalm:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
@DancingHeretik Just a heads up on changing the coil in the Diver V2, it's a PITA :facepalm:
Can't pry up the cup like in the Sophia, I had to get a small needle nose pliers and pull the center pin out from the bottom. Poor design for changing the coils. Just wanted to let you know before you got to that point. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread