Introducing the E1 ReLOaD™ Replaceable 2.0ml 2.4ohm eGo Clearomizer in Clear and Sage Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

souskei

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
california
so these have the screw on heads? The E1 Revive's heads did not screw in and wouldnt stay on the base well

+1
I would like to know this as well.
The e1 revive v2s I have didn't have a screw and I stopped using them because they wouldn't stay on very well.

It's hard to tell with the pictures.

Thanks GV!!

timh

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Summerdale Al.
+1
I would like to know this as well.
The e1 revive v2s I have didn't have a screw and I stopped using them because they wouldn't stay on very well.

It's hard to tell with the pictures

Thanks GV!!
Yes the coil stems screw in on the new version .Sorry for the repost.

Last edited:

timh

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Summerdale Al.
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am getting burnt flavor at anything close to 3.8v. Any suggestions? Maybe trim the wicks or pull one out???
The thin wick is just sitting on top of the coil so it is easy to take out try that . I had to trim my thick wick down there where
it is just hitting the side of the tank.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Just ordered one...so that I can take it apart :p (grabbed a genesis-style Smoktech too! Pretty excited to get my first real rebuildable :thumbs:).

I won't be using silica in either: I'll be using a cotton ball (and/or some bamboo yarn from member supervape).

So, for anyone interested in how those wicks work in these (and my general impression for whatever it's worth), I'll be sharing sometime next week :)

timh

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Summerdale Al.
Just ordered one...so that I can take it apart :p (grabbed a genesis-style Smoktech too! Pretty excited to get my first real rebuildable :thumbs:).

I won't be using silica in either: I'll be using a cotton ball (and/or some bamboo yarn from member supervape).

So, for anyone interested in how those wicks work in these (and my general impression for whatever it's worth), I'll be sharing sometime next week :)

What type of cotton are you using ? I have tried pure white cotton yarn and getting a light burn taste .

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
What type of cotton are you using ? I have tried pure white cotton yarn and getting a light burn taste .

Be sure to have clean fingers when installing - cotton picks up flavors/oils from your fingers. Also, yarns need to be boiled for ? minutes to remove the sizing in them. The sizing is like a starch that you may notice floating on the surface of the water. After boiling, add water to overflow the sizing out of your pot, then remove and thoroughly dry your cotton.

I've been using 100% cotton balls most recently and they've been my favorite yet. I've been playing with cheesecloth that I picked up at Target (one with a lower thread count than what appears on their site - it's like gauze basically, which also works).

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL

Happy tinkering. I'll be looking for your results next week.
I tried some cotton square braid wicking in a mini vivi nova tonight. Not too thrilled. I think the braiding on this wick is too tight. Maybe I should try unraveling the loose ends. Scratch that...just tried it. Will not unravel like most silica wick. I have some other wick coming tomorrow or Monday so I'll see what that does. What do you do with the cotton balls? Twist them into a rope style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread