Introducing the Precise WorkHorse from Super-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've had several ask how in the world can we sell these at such a great price which is a great question.

First, let me explain that probably upwards of 75-90% of the cost of manufacturing mods is in machining times, period. It's not in laser engraving (we've been quoted 2.00 per mod to have a big old laser etched scene put on them, not really a super-T thing), nor materials, plating, springs or magnets or orings. Finishing is probably the second biggest cost, but nowhere near machine times. Machine times are the end all and be all to any machined goods: what is the total machine time for each component comprising your product and you come up with the bulk of your cost.

Think of this: Our ELA has 13 machined parts in it, some very complex from a machining standpoint. This equates to a lot of machining time per unit!

Contrast that with the WorkHorse: 6 machined parts most of which are much simpler then the ELA's and you can see how machine times are dramatically cut and consequently costs.

To create a more affordable mod, we looked to two areas to minimize cost: machine time and finishing/assembly time. By incorporating part of the switch into the body itself, using a single piece switch and off the shelf components (contacts, springs and delrin pieces are all the same as the Simplicity 18XXX series) we created a mod with only three major components to machine: A body, Switch and Top Cap and three minor pieces to machine: Top and bottom contacts and a press in delrin piece. Less pieces also equates to quicker cleaning, fitting, polishing and assembly.

Arguably, we could make even a simpler, even cheaper mod by eliminating the center post and incorporating the top cap into the body as one piece (I seen a mod that did that). A mod like that would even be cheaper then the WorkHorse to manufacture! Personally, I'm not a fan of no center post and an incorporated top cap/ body as I like to be able to remove the top cap, but you get the point I'm trying to make. Less pieces=equal less machining time=less cost.

You will be happy to know though, that despite the lower cost, none of the quality has been sacrificed, these are just as precision machined and finely finished as our ELA!

BTW, starting tomorrow many will be receiving theirs as we've been shipping since Tuesday.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
What is this mystery object?

x9mEkDJ.jpg

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
You know, I watched it on my phone, and I saw that. Was going to watch it on my computer at home to make sure I was seeing things correctly.

It looks like an ELA threaded strata with a tank.
Yes, it appears to be the apocryphal tank Strata but I'm going to play dumb because I love surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread