Introducing the Precise Industrious RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooD

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
St. Jospeh, MI
Definitely was not the juice, I once again tried a bunch of different methods, twisted much better this time. Ohms wise i tried .5, .8 , 1 , 1.2, 1.5. I can not get the stranded to fire if the set screws are in? One time it tasted fine and I got it to fire but once I put the screw back in it wouldn't fire and I took it all back out and now back to tasting bad. I will get Pictures up in a second.

Also I am using 26 Gauge Kanthal.

It also seems as my wick assembly is stuck to the tank?

RooD

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
St. Jospeh, MI
IMG_20150127_233848.jpg IMG_20150127_233901.jpg IMG_20150127_234031.jpg

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Definitely was not the juice, I once again tried a bunch of different methods, twisted much better this time. Ohms wise i tried .5, .8 , 1 , 1.2, 1.5. I can not get the stranded to fire if the set screws are in? One time it tasted fine and I got it to fire but once I put the screw back in it wouldn't fire and I took it all back out and now back to tasting bad. I will get Pictures up in a second.

Also I am using 26 Gauge Kanthal.

It also seems as my wick assembly is stuck to the tank?

Yes, you have to have the set screws in and tight on the wire or you'll have a poor, weak and intermittent connection. Also, try lowering your cotton, it's pretty high up, only run it about to the set screw, if its up too high and it can not wick well up at the top possibly causing dry/burning taste.

RooD

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
St. Jospeh, MI
I just am not getting something... It feeds fine... it tastes burnt, almost always and makes me cough and wheeze worse than cigs. I don't at this point understand what I'm doing wrong. maybe it isn't for me... and as I was writing this, I think I may know my issue... I have never vaped Low resistance... I also like a tighter drawl and pull into my mouth first, I tried inhaling straight into my lungs with much more air flow. Is this how I am supposed to vape this device?

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
I just am not getting something... It feeds fine... it tastes burnt, almost always and makes me cough and wheeze worse than cigs. I don't at this point understand what I'm doing wrong. maybe it isn't for me... and as I was writing this, I think I may know my issue... I have never vaped Low resistance... I also like a tighter drawl and pull into my mouth first, I tried inhaling straight into my lungs with much more air flow. Is this how I am supposed to vape this device?

The best build for me:
Really tight 500 mesh for perm wick.
First strip of cotton goes through the wick stem and wrap around the stem.
I keep wrapping cotton strip and wet with a little juice and smooth with my tweezers to form a nice tight cylinder of cotton.
I use a squeeze bottle to prime the wick.stem.
I use a single strand of 26g kanthal about one and a half wrap and tighten at the bottom first then pull all the way through the stem tight to take out any slack.
Meters at .5 ohm.
Then use the tweezers again to smooth everything out uniformly.
Fill it up and vape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
I wanted to update you, Vdefazzio thank you that helped me so much. It is hitting amazingly and I am very pleased now. My only issue now I think is my liquid doesn't wick fast enough, But it is 100% VG so will knock it down to 70/30 and go from there
I'm glad to have been able to help

mitchob123

Jun 22, 2013
United States
I'm glad to have been able to help
I have tried many builds, both with mesh and ss cable, one twisted ti 30g with ss cable in the core worked very well but havent been able to duplicate it. What is the right amount of cotton? and should I wrap tightly to try to couple the heat of the wire to the central wick or loose to let juice flow? haven you found that fewer wraps is generally better?
Thanks

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
I have tried many builds, both with mesh and ss cable, one twisted ti 30g with ss cable in the core worked very well but havent been able to duplicate it. What is the right amount of cotton? and should I wrap tightly to try to couple the heat of the wire to the central wick or loose to let juice flow? haven you found that fewer wraps is generally better?
Thanks

The key for me has been mostly the cotton wicking. Getting it really tight and as close to the inner diameter of the top cap without it touching. My cotton wick is like a solid cylinder. I have never had a problem with it wicking from the tank. I can build it bone dry and after I fill I can see the cotton becoming saturated. Getting the coil wire tight and without any gaps and not dug into the wick was a challenge for me at first but the solidity of my cotton wick solved that for me.

Thanks to all for the excellent descriptions and super-helpful posts. I have been able to get mine to work well vapor-wise thanks to all of you here, but the flavor is just off - too metallic, and it just isn't quite as airy a draw as I like, even when opened to the limit. I think I am going to have to part with it sadly, as it is such a beautifully engineered rebuildable and obviously fits the ELA V2 so perfectly. I'm sure my issues are solely user error, I just am not willing to keep trying to rebuild over and over to get it exactly right and to my liking, and am frustrated. I may simply need a rebuildable that is more forgiving, with a larger margin for error when building.

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
I have no experience with ss mesh for wicking. snufulufugus' comment about the metal taste makes me wonder if there is any prep that needs to be done with ss mesh material. I've also seen some things about ceramic wicks used on the old genesis attys - is that something that can be used in the industrious? I have no experience with the genesis attys at all.

Thanks for all of the building discussion, guys. I'm feeling pretty prepared to build this thing when it comes in the mail. One thing that got me interested in the device is that it unlike any of the other RBA/RDA designs of which almost all of them run on a similar coil and airflow design. The learning curve on this is larger since there aren't a ton of resources to guide you - this thread being one of the only resources.

Will my standard organic cotton balls work with this or should I prepare to buy some japanese cotton?
Thanks!

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
I have no experience with ss mesh for wicking. snufulufugus' comment about the metal taste makes me wonder if there is any prep that needs to be done with ss mesh material. I've also seen some things about ceramic wicks used on the old genesis attys - is that something that can be used in the industrious? I have no experience with the genesis attys at all.

Thanks for all of the building discussion, guys. I'm feeling pretty prepared to build this thing when it comes in the mail. One thing that got me interested in the device is that it unlike any of the other RBA/RDA designs of which almost all of them run on a similar coil and airflow design. The learning curve on this is larger since there aren't a ton of resources to guide you - this thread being one of the only resources.

Will my standard organic cotton balls work with this or should I prepare to buy some japanese cotton?
Thanks!
In the industrious, the ss mesh just wicks juice up from the tank to the cotton atomizing wick. As far as cotton, I use CVS brand rolled medical cotton. just unroll a little and cut strips in the direction of the roll as the cotton is stronger in that direction versus across the roll. I used ekowool as the permanent wick, it work well until I had to rewick because it frayed to pieces. SS mesh and your choice of cotton is the best, in my opinion.

You know, I wondered that same thing a while back, and it had slipped my mind. I have not torched my 500 SS mesh before using. Is this something that should be done? Haven't used a SS wick before so do not know all the ins & outs. Maybe this helps burn off impurities, etc? Anyone with more knowledge than I would be appreciated!

Thanks!

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
You know, I wondered that same thing a while back, and it had slipped my mind. I have not torched my 500 SS mesh before using. Is this something that should be done? Haven't used a SS wick before so do not know all the ins & outs. Maybe this helps burn off impurities, etc? Anyone with more knowledge than I would be appreciated!

No, you don't need to oxidize the mesh for the industrious, it doesn't come.in contact with the voltage of your coil.

Steam_Bern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
In my own little world

As vdefazzio said, you do not need to torch your mesh in this application but you should wash it with dish detergent and/or boil it to remove all the machine oil from it's manufacturing. Unwashed mesh can make your juice taste foul. I use unoxidized mesh in my gennies and need to clean it to be able to vape with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread