It's these kind of people that are going to ruin it for all of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I would think that the exhaled vapor carries germy things better than just air does.
Any studies on this aspect of vaping?
Actually, PG is antibacterial, so it quite possibly results in fewer germs being left on the food (and kills some of the ones already on there, the ones left by those discourteous non-vapors who breathe all over everything in the store!)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
\\

you're joking, yes?

Yes, he is. That is our resident um..how do I put it.... Jokester. If you follow him around, you will get the sense that he is um how shall I say... not quite right? ROFL (said with the most affection, BTW)

Anyway.... I can see where this thread is heading. It is not there yet so lets keep it all nice and civil. Always remember to attack the post, not the poster.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Recently, on a scuba dive trip, I was vaping away on the back of the boat between dives. Back there with the diesel exhaust fumes, which are far more toxic than anything I was exhaling.

Man you're not kidding. I almost got queasy again just reading that sentence. The eddies of air seem to get the diesel fumes Everywhere in the back of a dive boat.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: ENAUD

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The only place I normally vape where smoking wasn't allowed is in my own home. But then, I don't get out much :D Although, I have been known to take a quick vape while shopping in Wal-Mart ('specially on long, big grocery shopping, days) when I have to work my way around folks that have nothing better to do than do all their visiting with long lost friends in the middle of the aisle. :facepalm:

BTW: It isn't going to be folks like the one described in the OP that will cause us problems. Just follow the money and you will see what is causing us the problems. JMHO

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Are you assuming that just because someone exhales while not vaping, ie you can't see it, that their exhale is not settling on your food?

You do understand WHY we see the vapor right?
:facepalm:

Let's take your germs and breath, warm it up and add a lot of moisture, fog bank ratios of moisture to aid and preserve the germs.
Then, let's be sure it sticky enough to put a film on a windshield.
Now let's let strangers breath that cloud all over the food you are going to feed your child.

Sounds yummy right?

Be courteous of others. It's a sign of maturity and adulthood. Don't vape where people eat or Purchase foodstuffs. Should be obvious.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You do understand WHY we see the vapor right?
:facepalm:

Let's take your germs and breath, warm it up and add a lot of moisture, fog bank ratios of moisture to aid and preserve the germs.
Then, let's be sure it sticky enough to put a film on a windshield.
Now let's let strangers breath that cloud all over the food you are going to feed your child.

Sounds yummy right?

Be courteous of others. It's a sign of maturity and adulthood. Don't vape where people eat or Purchase foodstuffs. Should be obvious.

Yep someone said that PG kills germs but for cloud blowers there is not much PG in their juice. VG carries germs and such it just does not feed them so germs do not grow in it. But the vapor with the germy things settles on stuff.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Rude people usually are the ones who ruin it for the reasonable ones.
Those are the ones who make the impression on the anti vaping types and the media.

Not sure that I want to buy food that someones exhalation vapor had settled on. Wouldn't the vapor carry any germy things the person exhaled?
yes all the germy things already being exhaled by everyone.
along with trace amounts of any medication legal or otherwise
they are taking.
mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I would think that the exhaled vapor carries germy things better than just air does.
Any studies on this aspect of vaping?
both PG and VG are naturally antibacterial and antiviral.
i would expect vapor to be cleaner.
mike

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
In most white collar environs, company policy on perfumes/aftershaves usually revolves around a 'scent circle' - that is, an aftershave, etc., shouldn't be noticeable more than about an arm's length in any direction. About the same area as 'personal space' is usually defined. It's a sensible policy and it's a successful policy. I think it would be nice if vapers would adopt a similar policy and respect other people's personal space by keeping their vapor and 'scent circle' to themselves. Other than that, I could care less where people vape.

i like that rule.. but i am lucky in that everyone at the office seems to really enjoy the juices i vape and am often told to vape more to make the office smell better. there are a couple of other vapors here and i try to encourage them. they are in the 'i vape at work, but smoke everywhere else' club. which is fine. i understand the difficulty to get off of cigs. i just tell them to focus on the ciggs they don't smoke. but everyone has these setups that don't satisfy, and when i tell them what to get they don't want to commit the $ to it.

but i digress..

in public.. i often have my mod in my hand. its my pacifier. i might hold it for 30 minutes walking around and not even hit it. i try to not hit my mod in front of people in stores.. and try to not fog anything out.. its just a respect thing.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
yes all the germy things already being exhaled by everyone.
along with trace amounts of any medication legal or otherwise
they are taking.
mike

Don't forget the 4% carbon dioxide.

No it's not these guys that will ruin it for all. Blatant cloudz-in-your-face blowing is already covered by assault/battery laws, regardless of the substance.

It's what buzzzlove mentioned in post #5 in this thread.

(BTW I just noticed that this advanced software doesn't let us do what the previous did - i.e. link to a particular post.)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
both PG and VG are naturally antibacterial and antiviral.
i would expect vapor to be cleaner.
mike
According to my research PG IS antimicrobial and VG just does not promote the growth of microby thingys ie nothing in it for them to eat, but does not kill them. It can carry them though.

Of course I have been mistaken before.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
there will always be those 1 %'ers that will not follow
social norms. there is nothing that can be done about it really.
here in Saint Pail,MN, where there are no out right bans
on vaping everything seems to be working out quite well.
i have not seen nor,have heard of any of this blatant
behavior. i have seen people vaping in public places but,
no cloud chasing. no one notices actually if you appear
to notice there may be fellow humans around you.
a little distance and discretion is all you need.
act normally and don't chuck 8 man hookah size
clouds.
:2c:
mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
According to my research PG IS antimicrobial and VG just does not promote the growth of microby thingys ie nothing in it for them to eat, but does not kill them. It can carry them though.

Of course I have been mistaken before.
VG is the second choice for medicinal purposes for those
allergic to PG.
no one has gotten ill by VG carried pathogens yet.
germs floating in free air are a more serious threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread