Juul--- Anyone tried it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
I tried a Juul today. It is incredible. This device is going to help people get off analogs. It is incredibly easy to use, just plug in a flavor cartridge and take a drag. The tobacco flavor is the closest to any I've tried. The throat hit is just like a analog. It produces the same amount of vapor as an analog does smoke. And to top it off, the nicotine hit is almost instantaneous. It is the closest thing to analogs that I've ever tried. The CEO of the company said that the Juul is not analogous to a cigarette, it's a better. IMO this product is a game changer. Right now you can order from their website and get 25% off for the kit.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Okay, so its got a proprietary connection, it requires non-refillable "flavor cartridges", and it has no mention of the mAh of the included battery...

I think this is far from revolutionary, and I'm gonna give a hard pass.

Also this chart seems like marketing bogus to me. They're supposedly measuring something that's VERY difficult to measure, given different smokers' tendencies/how long you take a drag/how long you inhale/etc.

juulgraph.jpg

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I keep seeing this thread and just passing on by.. so I looked it up.
Weird stuff..

The articles are very suspicious, but a recommendation from an existing vaper is always useful. I can't trust somebody who says "the e-cig that will finally stop me smoking" and then doesn't actually divulge what e-cigs they have used .. um.. um ..

So, my attention is divided, but if people say it's good, maybe it is.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
"There is no Dana, only Juul."

Love ghostbusters. Isn't there a remake in the worx? Sorry to be off subject...

I'll probably give Juul a try if I can get a nice discount. The thing costs like $50 bucks! I can't justify spending that much on a cigalike. Of course, I havent seen it or tried it so I can't say for sure but I'd rather get a nice mech, some atties or alotta juice for that amount!

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Love ghostbusters. Isn't there a remake in the worx? Sorry to be off subject...

I'll probably give Juul a try if I can get a nice discount. The thing costs like $50 bucks! I can't justify spending that much on a cigalike. Of course, I havent seen it or tried it so I can't say for sure but I'd rather get a nice mech, some atties or alotta juice for that amount!

Yes, and this time it's an all female cast featuring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Yes, and this time it's an all female cast featuring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon.

Wow this could go either way (funny/Not Funny). Fingers crossed it turns out good. Thanks caferacer, I'll be doing some research now.

Staying on topic (kinda), has anyone gone to the Juul home site? The pics of people using the device are hilarious. I do not want to use one now based solely off of the pics they posted of people using the thing. They are trying very hard to look as cool as possible with this square cigalike in their hands and mouths. Reminds me of cigarette ads. JUUL | JUUL - click on gallery to lead you to the bottom of the page for the pics :laugh:

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Did you buy the kit? Have any idea how long the cartridges last etc? Still have not seen any detailed reviews out there anywhere. It does sound interesting from what little information is out there.

I didn't buy the kit, I just tried it. A friend of mine bought it. I stopped smoking ~20 years ago because I didn't want to die. I'm vaping now because I enjoy the effects of nicotine and it's fun. This device is not for me. My comment was not intended for vapers, it was for those who smoke now and want to quit. Ignoring the marketing, the hype and the closed system attributes of this device, I think anyone who wants to stop smoking should try it. This is not a device for cloud chasing or the hobbyist that likes to make coils or their own juice. IMO, it's the "iPod" of e-cigarettes and has great potential to help people quit smoking. I also think that anyone (like SmokeyJoe) should at least try it before they post comments or opinions about the device. I read this article after I tried it, which I think accurately describes the device, it's design and the motivation behind it's development.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Hi guys, I just pulled the trigger on this--I can't help it, I'm drawn to cigalikes. I don't see any reason why a cigalike can't be made to satisfy as well as a regular cigarette, maybe this is the first one that will (I hope).

I will be sure to report back what I find out.

Reactions: djsvapour

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Please do. Just not sure if I want to pull the trigger yet. Biggest concern is how long the pods last. But if it satisfies quicker than regular e juice..(I use 24 in eroll) the cost on the pods may not be to bad. Thanks in advance if any one else cares to share. There is 1 review on YouTube now..but is just basically how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread