Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a Squonk rda.
It has to meet these qualifications..

Stainless steel no brass or copper

Top air flow or something less likely to leak

Dual coil (preferred) considering single coil

Squonk pin not slotted... I need just a hole...slotted will just leak all in my catch cup. (Go ahead make jokes)
I'm down for buying a pin separately or drilling so long as it is easy to get/do.

Good quality screws anything but flat head or philips screws... I'll strip those guaranteed.

Price isn't a concern. I have $$ to spend I don't want to cheap out. I want something that is top quality and can take a beating.

No clones please!

I'll be using on a low profile Reo grand I like my builds at .3 - .5

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Down by 0.3, I'm guessing you need some airflow...or I'd point to an Origen Little (aka O-16) just because it fits so nice on a Reo.

Have you got other BF atties? Which ones did you like/not-like?
I know you laid out specs, but there are still other influences...
Unfortunately, a couple great ones are hard to find (Nuppin or Hellfire Fury, or Stumpy for example).

My real suggestion?
Come over to the Catfish thread, and ask Tom (Chowderhead) what he'd recommend, or what he has in stock.
He modifies top-notch atties to bottom-feed, or if (and only if) they are unobtainable (Narda) will do the same to a decent clone.

Lots of folks are getting Goons lately. Those seem better for big builds to me - haven't tried one yet.
But I'm with you: I have a Narda, and a Hadaly and an O-atty....but I've decided I am almost always happier with duals than with one coil in the middle the way those three are most readily set up.

Anyway - Tom may have something awesome for you sitting around.
Maybe a Maker?

Reactions: Burnie

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
while its not the latest and greatest, i do love my 2 Velocity's. nice airflow, plenty of room for bigger coils, and with the v1 very little leaking. there is even an aftermarket bf pin. would suggest getting a spares pack if you buy a clone as i stripped out the grub screws on my clone trying to torque it down. i haven't tried the v2 so i cant speak to its merits, but have been eyeing it for a while now.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Down by 0.3, I'm guessing you need some airflow...or I'd point to an Origen Little (aka O-16) just because it fits so nice on a Reo.

Have you got other BF atties? Which ones did you like/not-like?
I know you laid out specs, but there are still other influences...
Unfortunately, a couple great ones are hard to find (Nuppin or Hellfire Fury, or Stumpy for example).

My real suggestion?
Come over to the Catfish thread, and ask Tom (Chowderhead) what he'd recommend, or what he has in stock.
He modifies top-notch atties to bottom-feed, or if (and only if) they are unobtainable (Narda) will do the same to a decent clone.

Lots of folks are getting Goons lately. Those seem better for big builds to me - haven't tried one yet.
But I'm with you: I have a Narda, and a Hadaly and an O-atty....but I've decided I am almost always happier with duals than with one coil in the middle the way those three are most readily set up.

Anyway - Tom may have something awesome for you sitting around.
Maybe a Maker?

Is the maker good? Pretty interested in it but I don't want to buy it if it sucks. I haven't heard anything about it, the reviews are all the same. I also couldn't find dimensions it kind of looks big. Tom wouldn't bottom feed an RDA unless it were good/ popular demand right ?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't like it!
It is a little big, but not huge...
What I DO like is it's giving great flavor, it's leak-proof, it's built well - does not feel cheap, it's dual-friendly, and it's versatile. You COULD put fat claptons in, but don't have to. You can clamp down the air, or open it pretty wide open.

I'm almost exclusively on Reo's or other mech squonkers, so some of the newest atties aren't hitting the spot: they're designed more for big builds and lots of watts...

It is not a tiny atomizer - the great small atties are kind of rare these days.
(You could look in the classifieds for a Nuppin...)
But for a 22mm for a Reo, with top air... I think the Maker is a good bet!
I also still like the Manta, and the Rogue - but I think the Maker is cooler, and probably more versatile.

Is the maker good? Pretty interested in it but I don't want to buy it if it sucks. I haven't heard anything about it, the reviews are all the same. I also couldn't find dimensions it kind of looks big. Tom wouldn't bottom feed an RDA unless it were good/ popular demand right ?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Squonk pin not slotted... I need just a hole...slotted will just leak all in my catch cup.
    Don't limit your choices by the squonk pin.
    I've got many that use a slotted pin, and leaking is not a problem.
    It's the threads of the 510 that do the sealing.
    If you do get any leaking, put a driptip size o-ring over the atty 510.

Example:
    Catfish modded Vector....no leaks
    dscn0354-jpg.585431

Last edited:
    Reactions: Izan

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    The authentic Hadaly comes with a squonk pin (allen head). Works best for me with a single 28/36 2.8mm .41 ohm SS clapton @45-48w. Lots of airflow with the afc wide open. Great flavor, thick clouds and no leaks on my Therion BF DNA75. Best single coil bf I've tried but I got into the squonk game post Nuppin/Narda.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I'm a tad bit late to this, look at a Mark Bugs Charm. Nuppin's were my go to for a long time, I tried a bunch of other things, but nothing I found did everything as well until the Charm. Top and/or bottom air, plenty of room to build anything you want and you can even shut off on side if you want to do a single coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread