Looking for a rda for squonking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Did for weeks no build came out to anything I liked on my squonk not the only one to say flavor on the rabbit sucks watched every video pushed them outwards towards the air flow filed the slots everything

Rabbit sucks

Says the guy who had a 20+ page thread where other members frustratedly gave you basic feedback around building - which you then ignored. The problem isn’t the rda, it’s you as the builder.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Says the guy who had a 20+ page thread where other members frustratedly gave you basic feedback around building - which you then ignored. The problem isn’t the rda, it’s you as the builder.

I used 10 different gauges from 3 different materials rebuilt every hour on the hour and I never got flavor from the rabbit no matter I did dual or single coil

It was 20 pages if people telling I'm stupid and going to die and blah blah when all I needed was 4.2 divided into ohms from there I could have experimented with many premade coils and not waste time and money on wrapping coils I hated

Bought the ghoul got quad core Clapton took a wrap off and am in heaven

I tried so hard to like rabbit but it just did not work for me

I even tried round wire in my reload same result no flavor

I cannot use round wire my palate got accustomed to Clapton fused or aliens

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I used 10 different gauges from 3 different materials rebuilt every hour on the hour and I never got flavor from the rabbit no matter I did dual or single coil

It was 20 pages if people telling I'm stupid and going to die and blah blah when all I needed was 4.2 divided into ohms from there I could have experimented with many premade coils and not waste time and money on wrapping coils I hated

Bought the ghoul got quad core Clapton took a wrap off and am in heaven

I tried so hard to like rabbit but it just did not work for me

I even tried round wire in my reload same result no flavor

I cannot use round wire my palate got accustomed to Clapton fused or aliens

I was kinda rooting for you then, until you got to the last section. If you cannot get a round wire build to work, you have done something wrong. You don’t need a fancy pants build to get a decent vape.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Can't help it even in my reload where I couldn't get decent flavor but I'm not derailing this guy topic so

Best round wire imo is 24g 316l got decent flavor out that in my rabbit but side by side on regulated my reload was still better

I didn't want to believe Anthony vapes but he was right just isn't there it's a cloud chucking rda with flavor 2nd

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Can't help it even in my reload where I couldn't get decent flavor but I'm not derailing this guy topic so

Best round wire imo is 24g 316l got decent flavor out that in my rabbit but side by side on regulated my reload was still better

I didn't want to believe Anthony vapes but he was right just isn't there it's a cloud chucking rda with flavor 2nd

Hang on, so now you can get a decent vape from round wire?

At the end of the day, I couldn’t care less what anyone likes, it’s about staying off the stinkies. But what frustrates me is this whole “I like this, so therefore yours is crap” type attitude. Simply no need for it. If you want to give feedback on a product, say why you don’t like something or why you prefer something else. And also, don’t say one thing and then a few weeks afterwards say the exact opposite. Especially with annoying people like me around :angel:

Last edited:
Reactions: entropy1049

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

I agree. The Dead Rabbit is garbage especially compared to any other half way decent RDA.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Sometimes a piece of gear, especially an rba, just doesn’t work for an individual user. Whether it’s because vaping styles vary, or building technique differs. I’ve had gear that others have praised, but it just doesn’t get the job done for me. Sad to admit defeat, but we live to fight another day and focus on what does work for us.

If I’m not getting a great result out of a bit of gear that others are, I have to ask myself is it because I’m not dialing it in correctly or because what I’m looking for in the gear is different from what others are looking for? So I decide how much time I want to dedicate to troubleshooting my technique and after putting in that work if it doesn’t deliver for me, I move on.

Issuing a blanket statement like “the Dead Rabbit is garbage” is like a billboard saying “ I’m frustrated because I can’t get a good result with this gear but I have problems admitting my own faults”.

RARELY is gear fundamentally flawed.

This is my approach. I can pretty much tell these days just by looking at an atty whether it was made for me or not. RDAs like the DR or drop don't cater to vapers like me so I just avoided them entirely. Plenty of other attys out there for how I vape though. More than I can even keep up with.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Can you explain? I thought I'd have to figure out how to get 2 coils to work out to 0.5 ohms.

Further, does anyone have any experience with the Geekvape Radar rda? Can I use a single coil?

The Radar is a dual coil RDA with no dedicated single coil option. You can put just one coil in it but you'll have airflow from both sides. It's not made tobe used as a single coil RDA. It's not very good as a dual coil RDA.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
You got the gbox don't worry about your ohms

If your mods regulated which I suspect it's the gbox ohms don't matter

<typing with restraint>
It’s never a good thing to recommend ignorance. If this is your approach to vaping, or indeed, life, please consider just sitting back and reading a bit. Learn more before you attempt to advise others.

The poster wanted to build a dual coil deck to 0.5 ohms resistance. If you didn’t have pertinent info for helping with this, the best approach would be to step away from the keyboard.

Just because a mod has SOME circuitry protection is no excuse to remain ignorant of its operation. It’s only a matter of time before your bad advice leads to some others misfortune. Think before you type. If you choose to sail blindly through this process, do so in silence. Allow others to arm themselves with knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread