Lost Vape Therion DNA75 Squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Mine arrived yesterday and had not had time to play with it until today.

While the included RDA looked somewhat interesting the center pin was WAY to long. Sadly I did not have enough grip on it while grinding it down so it is lost to the garage gods. :facepalm:

The buttons are not "clicky" the rest is just DNA75 stuff. The defaults did not last long. Since I have other dna devices reconfiguring was a breeze.:)

Sadly mine has a faulty or at least funky bottle. My other squonkers need very little squeeze to get juice squirting out the top - this one (with VERY runny juice) requires more squeeze and then starts leaking around the cap. They include another bottle and tube but NOT the part the should be plugging the top of the bottle. (sigh) :(

I need to find another bottle solution.
Sorry you're having issues George. Mine came with 2 bottles, 2 caps, a white plastic bottle stopper and 1 hose. 1 cap is a two piece affair having a cap ring and washer, the other cap just has a hole for the hose. I'm using the 2 piece cap that came factory installed and have had absolutely no leakage. Hope you can get get yours working correctly.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Being a Reo lover, I just grabbed up one of these! I've had it for two days and am loving it!!

I have a Hadaly coming but in the meantime I'm rocking my Odin on it! Pure flavor bliss!

3437454cd403ba5091e166692f72cda7.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Sorry you're having issues George. Mine came with 2 bottles, 2 caps, a white plastic bottle stopper and 1 hose. 1 cap is a two piece affair having a cap ring and washer, the other cap just has a hole for the hose. I'm using the 2 piece cap that came factory installed and have had absolutely no leakage. Hope you can get get yours working correctly.

Mine came with the same stuff. I ended up adding a driptip O-Ring to the part that goes into the bottle and it does not leak anymore. It will now most times juice up my wick however getting a good squeeze without engaging the buttons on the other side is proving to be another challenge to over come.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    The ID of the feed/drain pin makes a difference, but also the feed/drain pin inside the atty you are using can make a big difference also.

question... Is there an actual pin the tube connects to or does it slide up into a hole inside the 510? I can't really tell from any pics out in the wild. This might be the problem why some are having trouble. More than likely its the feed/drain pin in the atty some are using that is the culprit though...

Last edited:

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2013
    QLD, Australia
    Yeah there is a pin inside of the hole that the tube slides onto, decent sized ID on the pin in the mod too so no problems there. My current go to attys the o-atty and hadaly both have 1.5mm+ ID holes in the pins and squonk pretty easily on this mod, the bottle isn't nearly as soft as the supersoft italian bottles but is definitely easier to squonk than a Reo bottle.

Problem could be a few things:
    The hole in the atty pin is too small as muzichead suggested.
    The bottle still has an air leak somewhere.
    The tube is air locking itself to the side or bottom of the bottle (easily fixed by cutting the end of the tube that goes in the bottle into a v shape).
    I also found leaving out the divider between the bottle and battery actually made it easier to squonk as it was compressing the bottle too much.

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Yeah there is a pin inside of the hole that the tube slides onto, decent sized ID on the pin in the mod too so no problems there. My current go to attys the o-atty and hadaly both have 1.5mm+ ID holes in the pins and squonk pretty easily on this mod, the bottle isn't nearly as soft as the supersoft italian bottles but is definitely easier to squonk than a Reo bottle.

Problem could be a few things:
    The hole in the atty pin is too small as muzichead suggested.
    The bottle still has an air leak somewhere.
    The tube is air locking itself to the side or bottom of the bottle (easily fixed by cutting the end of the tube that goes in the bottle into a v shape).
    I also found leaving out the divider between the bottle and battery actually made it easier to squonk as it was compressing the bottle too much.

Great tips. I'll try it without the divider for a while.

Reactions: J_B_86

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    This tip alone is overlooked more often than most!! Great call in suggesting it. I forget about suggesting it as I always do this first prior to using a new bottle in a device...

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    With the divider installed my bottle was not directly under the 510 which forced the hose to take a slight "jog" between the bottle and 510. Removing the divider fixed that issue. In my case I:
    • switched to the other bottle
    • added a drip-tip o-ring to the stopper top so it no longer leaks
    • adjusted the height of the tube outside of the bottle
    • removed the divider between the battery and bottle
    I still believe that the included bottles are not as soft as ones from my other BF mods. At least with the above adjustments it is working.

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    I still believe that the included bottles are not as soft as ones from my other BF mods. At least with the above adjustments it is working.
    Glad it's working better for you. This is my first squonker so I have no reference to go by. Good to hear there are softer bottles available. It is a little hard to feed juice when the bottle gets below 1/4 full.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    Just got my Hadaly RDA in! This little bugger rocks in the flavor dept! Holy crap it's amazing!

Super simple to set up! I threw a single .5 ohm Clapton coil in and am running it at 42.5 watts.

Hello flavor!!!

I also got a couple of different battery doors for it. I love the black elephant. It makes it look super snazzy! I feel like I need to be wearing a tux while I'm holding it! LOL!

792ec9cb73f07216a51ed25e5e8d4a42.jpg

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Got my therion bf in two days ago. Unfortunately sending in a ticket - fire button has stuck on several times, looks like it's offset to the cutout.

2e7423a0afb628fd0dfda871123aa726.jpg

Removing the divider seems good.

Has anyone else had a really nasty bottle/tube. I had to clean it a lot to remove some kind of chemical residue that was very obvious when I vaped it. I also ran multiple bottles of plain water through the center pin, to flush anything on it.

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Got my therion bf in two days ago. Unfortunately sending in a ticket - fire button has stuck on several times, looks like it's offset to the cutout.

2e7423a0afb628fd0dfda871123aa726.jpg

Removing the divider seems good.

Has anyone else had a really nasty bottle/tube. I had to clean it a lot to remove some kind of chemical residue that was very obvious when I vaped it. I also ran multiple bottles of plain water through the center pin, to flush anything on it.

Yep, the bottle, cap and tube on mine had some funk. Had to dump my juice and rewash twice to get rid of it.
    Sorry to hear about your fire button problem. First I've heard of problems with the Therion, except the soft gray paint on mine.

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Just got my Hadaly RDA in! This little bugger rocks in the flavor dept! Holy crap it's amazing!

Super simple to set up! I threw a single .5 ohm Clapton coil in and am running it at 42.5 watts.

Hello flavor!!!

I also got a couple of different battery doors for it. I love the black elephant. It makes it look super snazzy! I feel like I need to be wearing a tux while I'm holding it! LOL!

792ec9cb73f07216a51ed25e5e8d4a42.jpg

Congrats, it's a beaut in black elephant. Love my Hadaly too. I ground down the height of the squonk pin a little to keep flooding to a minimum. Works even better now.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    It happened 3 times in a span off 15 minutes. Once would be you often, but 3x closely spaced is not acceptable.

Best I can tell it's an assembly error. Looking at the face the fire button is angled, higher on one side, lower and rubbing the edge of the cutout on the other.

I love the overall form and feel, really nice with either the Hadaly or the Wanko.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    Congrats, it's a beaut in black elephant. Love my Hadaly too. I ground down the height of the squonk pin a little to keep flooding to a minimum. Works even better now.

What about the pin were you having an issue with? That way I can keep an eye on mine to see if needs fixing.

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    What about the pin were you having an issue with? That way I can keep an eye on mine to see if needs fixing.

The squonk pin was sticking up above the deck too far. When the bottle sucks the juice back after a squonk it was leaving too much juice in the atty well. It caused a harsh spitty vape the first couple of pulls after each squonk.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    The squonk pin was sticking up above the deck too far. When the bottle sucks the juice back after a squonk it was leaving too much juice in the atty well. It caused a harsh spitty vape the first couple of pulls after each squonk.

Hmmm! I didn't even think to look at it when I installed it. When I do a dry burn and cotton change illl look down there and see.

I'm getting some spit back but I just assumed it was from my Clapton.

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Hmmm! I didn't even think to look at it when I installed it. When I do a dry burn and cotton change illl look down there and see.

I'm getting some spit back but I just assumed it was from my Clapton.

True, claptons can be spitty if under wicked or under powered but the spitting stopped with my clapton when I lowered the pin.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Update on my Therion BF sticky fire button. FastTech is providing good customer service, looks like I'll send it to their Miami office for replacement (and shipping credit -- a nice touch).

Other than the assembly whoops (which can happen to anyone) I really love this mod. The Hadaly clone I have on it right now is a great flavor RDA, and runs pretty quiet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread