Lowe"s bans the use of e-cigs on it's property

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
How do they think they can really enforce this? Are they going to hire extra staff just to patrol the sometimes HUGE parking lots? I doubt it!!!! If I was still a smoker, my response to any worker coming up to me saying I cant smoke outside would be a BIG F/U, and call the cops, otherwise get lost.

Oh and by the way, what if they are part of a bigger complex? The parking lot is not entirely theirs if at all. Are they going to put up signs that say "you are entering Lowes part of the parking lot, please extinguish all cigarettes and refrain from vaping ." ROFL DON'T THINK SO

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
The rampant idiocy never ceases to amaze me. Outside is outside, and I'm afraid no one owns the air. I've totally understood non smokers don't want it in their face, yeah, got that. But a whole parking lot? What if your sitting in your own car? Do they own that too because the tires are on the asphalt? You know, the LOGICAL thing is to just designate a smoker area, not completely land-baste a whole section of employees and customers. Trust me, smokers are just fine with a pitiful patch of dirt they can stand on in the worst part of the site to light up (or vape, as the case may be), they don't ask for much.

There's something a little controlling and militant about these types of mandates. Its very segregating and I'm shocked actually, that there isn't a law somewhere that actually protects this kind of crap. No, smoking isn't good, but it IS legal. When companies and groups start deciding what AIR you can use, outside in the wide open, that's a really demonstrative connotation. I wish some would open their eyes and see what kind of lawful president it sets when its allowed to be done in one area.

I know many non smokers don't care about this, they just want smoking banned and, the smokers sort of railroaded over because of their dislike of it. I wish, truly, they would open their eyes, and realize, opening the door to this type of thing, will make it so much easier to have other civil liberties taken away from THEM in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread