Ban on all tobacco products on county property, including e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
how can they prove you are vaping nicotine? you can just say you're vaping vitamin C, and for all they know you are. then again, they'll tell you that vaping is meant to be covered under the spirit of the law although its not the letter. gotta love when people tell you that

Or just tell them it's a new type of inhaler for your asthma lol

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Travis county in Texas has just issued a ban on all tobacco products on county property and has included e-cigs. I have the strongest urge to purchase zero nic juice and sit on county property vaping away and let them just haul my old behind to jail. :glare:Are there a lot of areas doing this?

Take a video if you do it. Their reach exceeds their grasp.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Neither one. If you come into my house and light up a cigarette, I will ask you to put it out. If you won't, I will ask you to leave. If you won't leave, I can have the police remove you. It's not a ban or a regulation or even a law. My house, my rules.

Now I do not enter into a debate with the Mighty Monkey lightly, but they are calling it a ban. So you cannot say it's not a ban. They are not saying you cannot smoke it. They are saying you cannot posses a legal product. It is county property, that is public property, not private. You can ban something in your home because it is your PRIVATE property, GT. The county does not have the same rights as your personal property that is protected by the fourth amendment.

"Its not an opinion, its a fact!"
---Tywin Lannister

(in this case it is actually an opinion)

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
While we are at it...

<begin rant>

This madness has to stop. The local, state and federal governments are totally out of control. They work for us, not the other way around. Who the hell do they think they are? You can make a semi-rational argument that smoking causes a health issue (I would argue this is not the case outdoors, but whatever). You cannot for a second make the case that possession of a legal non-weapon product is anyone's damn business!!! The county property belongs to the residents of the County! Throw the county supervisors out on their :censored: and send them a message! Don't make rules that don't make sense, ever. Do your job and shut up. I am paying your salary with my taxes, you better mind your P's and Q's, or I will get someone in that office that will. <end of rant>

We caught a break here in VA today, they said it was gonna snow, but nothing but sunshine here in Richmond.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Currently nicotine is derived from tobacco. What is needed is synthetic nicotine. That would give us a better fight against the FDA as well.

Sadly, it is not currently economically viable to extract nicotine from any other source than tobacco. It exists in many plants, but in insufficient concentrations to remove commercially. You need to invent the process!

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
Travis county in Texas. Are there a lot of areas doing this?

Whether city,county,state or country, they are all working from the same playbook. Look at all of the UN directives that are bound by treaty for a glimpse of where we are all headed (NWO). Even on city level, the chamber of commerce is an arm of the UN. Yes, treaty trumps (not donald) the constitution. NAFTA,GATT,etc. By treaty, the tics have surrendered our sovereignty whether one chooses to believe it or not. Keep in mind, the power to tax,is the power to destroy. That has always been true & holds true today.

Leatherneck

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
Oregon
While we are at it...

<begin rant>

This madness has to stop. The local, state and federal governments are totally out of control. They work for us, not the other way around. Whe the hell do they think they are? You can make a semi-rational argument that smoking causes a health issue (I would argue this is not the case outdoors, but whatever). You cannot for a second make the case that possession of a legal non-weapon product is anyone's damn business!!! The county property belongs to the residents of the County! Throw the county supervisors out on their :censored: and send them a message! Don't make rules that don't make sense, ever. Do your job and shut up. I am paying your salary with my taxes, you better mind your P's and Q's, or I will get someone in that office that will. <end of rant>

We caught a break here in VA today, they said it was gonna snow, but nothing but sunshine here in Richmond.

When people fear their government, it's tyranny.
When goverment fears it's people, it's liberty.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So they can ban vaping on public property and you call it a rule.
And if the FDA regulates vaping to the point of being useless you will call it regulation.

At what point would you actually become angry about this?

If they try to Enforce this type of Policy Inside my Home.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Currently nicotine is derived from tobacco. What is needed is synthetic nicotine. That would give us a better fight against the FDA as well.
I have no doubt that if it became financially feasible to use synthetic nicotine, the FDA would declare it a drug.
And I also have no doubt that it would hold up in court.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I have no doubt that if it became financially feasible to use synthetic nicotine, the FDA would declare it a drug.
And I also have no doubt that it would hold up in court.

Precisely. Actually, its derivation from tobacco is what CASAA used to establish its protection under the Tobacco Settlement Act. We must take the fight to the FDA, not wait for them to hit us. I just need to figure out how....

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
While we are at it...

<begin rant>

This madness has to stop. The local, state and federal governments are totally out of control. They work for us, not the other way around. Whe the hell do they think they are? You can make a semi-rational argument that smoking causes a health issue (I would argue this is not the case outdoors, but whatever). You cannot for a second make the case that possession of a legal non-weapon product is anyone's damn business!!! The county property belongs to the residents of the County! Throw the county supervisors out on their :censored: and send them a message! Don't make rules that don't make sense, ever. Do your job and shut up. I am paying your salary with my taxes, you better mind your P's and Q's, or I will get someone in that office that will. <end of rant>

I see you used your emoticon ;)

Banning smoking, on it's own, outside is ridiculous. Banning vaping is preposterous.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Yes, all who see my creative use of this emoticon, hear me. The Great Robino1 shared this technology with me. Making my esteem of her even higher than its original lofty status! All Hail Robin!

Writer of passionate words.
Staunch defender of her friends.
And sub-moderator with a heart the size of Texas.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

We need to put them on their heels, it has been too long since they felt accountable to the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread