Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Like I said before...

A regulation is Only as good as the Ability to enforce it. They can enact a State or County Law to Ban inside Private Residences. And I would Whole Heartedly Oppose it.

But how would they Enforce it?

vape Policy with Entry Warrants under the Patriot Act?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not saying nicotine would be classified as a drug, just synthetic nicotine.

If Nicotine was Classified as a Control Substance.... Game Over.

Prescription Use Only.

And the Supremacy Clause would give States little Wiggle Room. But it has been tried before and it Failed Horribly. I don't see it being Revisited.

The deeming of e-liquids as a Tobacco Product will be Bad Enough.

And it will Be Bad. Very Bad.

Leatherneck

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
Oregon
Like I said before...

A regulation is Only as good as the Ability to enforce it. They can enact a State or County Law to Ban inside Private Residences. And I would Whole Heartedly Oppose it.

But how would they Enforce it?

Vape Policy with Entry Warrants under the Patriot Act?

No, I think it would end up being an add-on charge. Execute a warrant to search a home, or enter one with reasonable cause, find some other stuff or not, if you find vape supplies, toss in that charge.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
It's too bad I could only give you one like for that remark! Why do you think I have "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." in my signature?

When people fear their government, it's tyranny.
When goverment fears it's people, it's liberty.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No, I think it would end up being an add-on charge. Execute a warrant to search a home, or enter one with reasonable cause, find some other stuff or not, if you find vape supplies, toss in that charge.

Trust me on this one.

If they come to your door to Serve an Entry Warrant, the Last thing you have to worry about is going to be having a Provari sitting on the coffee table.

;)

Leatherneck

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
Oregon
Trust me on this one.

If they come to your door to Serve an Entry Warrant, the Last thing you have to worry about is going to be having a Provari sitting on the coffee table.

;)

That's very likely true, unless they don't find anything else.

But yah. It's kinda like the no seatbelt hit when busted for drunk driving.

It has become a sad day in America that the people have become FEARFUL of their government. It should be the other way around!
Especially in the case of vaping.
Not only are we not "getting high" or inebriated in any way.... We aren't harming ourselves or others.
This is clearly a case of lobbyists feeling as though their livelihoods are being threatened, and flexing their muscles.. Trust me. Follow the money. It's the pot argument on a smaller scale. Tobacco/alcohol KILLS x amount of people every year... Not to mention the crippling side effects/dependence/death caused by prescription medication... But pot is illegal.

A growing number of Americans have FINALLY found an effective alternative to dying a horrible, cancer ridden death, (which is what they've (ACS, FDA etc) "claimed" to be after for decades...) and they're putting the kibosh on it?

Their is a one word answer to what's afoot here:
Corruption.

BTW... I mis-posted this in another thread, but... When people who don't smoke ask me what my e-cig is in public... I refer to it as "my inhaler"... It generally avoids the "fear of smoke" ignorant argument afterwords...

Last edited:

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
The governor of Oregon issued such a ban on all state property. There's no "bite" to it, no fines or jail time. Still as an employee, I can't vape at work unless I go outside to the sidewalk. Not even the parking lot.

It's scumbaggery.

YES! let's send the vapers out to the sidewalk where they are vaping in front of children and not let them vape in the privacy of their own office! what a great idea!

gdaym8

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
ATX
Take a video if you do it. Their reach exceeds their grasp.

Yes, LOL, I have plenty of friends who love to protest (currently heavily involved in getting "citizens united" over turned to get big business out of government and succeeded in getting the City of Austin to switch to a local credit union rather than big bank.) They will video tape for me, and join me. I doubt will be alone. :headbang:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Sorry to hear that gday. I live in California and know what you mean.
They banned anything remotely enjoyable everywhere.

Welcome to the nanny state.:(

That's why I moved to AR. It's equally annoying living places where there is no regulation......why? Because people are just not very considerate, ya know?

I'll send you all the homeless, stray dogs running in packs in my neck of the woods. Call the sheriff........SSS (if you know what that means). I'm sorry, but I love dogs and it's not their fault there are irresponsbile humans. Next time they say that to me, I'll ask innocently: "do you mean the people, or the dogs?"

gdaym8

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
ATX
That's why I moved to AR. It's equally annoying living places where there is no regulation......why? Because people are just not very considerate, ya know? "

Very true, there is a trade off both ways. There are definitely regulations that have helped us tremendously and I am all for many of them. It is the extreme regulation that drives me nuts, or the things that are just plain silly. As others have posted, we can always just go to the restroom to vape and be reminded of childhood joys of breaking rules in our rebellious, harmless manor.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
we can always just go to the restroom to vape and be reminded of childhood joys of breaking rules in our rebellious, harmless manor.

Hey, I was a real goodie two shoes in school (had to be, mom was a teacher at my school, you wanna talk about "pressure" ) and i got suspended for smoking in the bathroom. Nothing like teacher's daughter setting a good example :rolls eyes:

That was bad enough.........but the part where mom didn't know I smoked was .........real bad. :blink:

As for protest, um, I'm all protested out. Child of the 60s and 70's, kent state, watergate, bra burning, race riots--- you know, the whole shebang, well, ya'lll know what i mean. I'll leave it to you younger folks. ;)

Last edited:

gdaym8

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
ATX
Hey, I was a real goodie two shoes in school (had to be, mom was a teacher at my school, you wanna talk about "pressure" ) and i got suspended for smoking in the bathroom. Nothing like teacher's daughter setting a good example :rolls eyes:

That was bad enough.........but the part where mom didn't know I smoked was .........real bad. :blink:

As for protest, um, I'm all protested out. Child of the 60s and 70's, kent state, watergate, bra burning, race riots--- you know, the whole shebang, well, ya'lll know what i mean. I'll leave it to you younger folks. ;)

Man that school catch had to hurt! :p

I am far from young, I have 4 grandkids. Why leave it to our young people to set things right? I hope I never grow too old to stand up for what I believe in. :2cool: Do you not see all the gray hair in my profile pic? (That was taken while having a mud fight with one of my grandsons celebrating the first rain after the drought in 2011.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread