MadVapes Wants Your Feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
I was at one of your locations Saturday and bought a itaste MVP 2 kit and paid $72. The madvapes website says $57, what's up with that?

There is a 25% mark up in the store for the personal service, care, plus you get instant gratification. It's not that bad once you consider you save shipping fees and the wait time.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
There is a 25% mark up in the store for the personal service, care, plus you get instant gratification. It's not that bad once you consider you save shipping fees and the wait time.

It's also because the stores have to purchase it from the website. They get a substantial discount, but they pay more than we pay to get it from China.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Everything that i have purchased from Madvapes I love! Great products, great prices, and a great variety. Your customer service is the best that I have ever experienced! Anytime I send a ticket or email I almost instantly get a response. It is amazing! Your workers are so nice! I always talk to Khirsten, and she is my favorite. I love shopping at Madvapes! I do not get my equipment anywhere else but with Madvapes. I will shop with you guys until the day I quit vaping! Thanks for being awesome!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Tcar

Dec 17, 2013
North Carolina
Don't have much to say in the wants/needs/desires of things.

First, kudos to the Mooresville retail store. Nice folks. Love 'em.

Software-wise, the LH juices are damn good and Dry Season as been my general every day vape now since the Mooresville store started stocking it. I hope you add a few more flavors to the line up as I like the 50/50 pg/vg. If you can get a blend that tastes as close to a clove cigarette as Dry Season tastes to an analog, I'm up for a pint or two. Also, I've had a guava ejuice from somewhere before and I wish you all had that flavor. . . mmm guava. Tried that new Caldron (Anis & Orange) flavor. Had to get 10ml to think on it some more. I think I like it a lot. Your VG Tobacco is nasty to me. Tastes like green tobacco. Like the flavor of Redman sans molasses. The chai flavor is not to be commented on. A few more VG only or maybe some of the TV juices with more VG would be nice.

As for hardware, I'm pretty good for mods right now so I'm not in the shopping mood. Wife'd kill me. Would not mind seeing you guys carry the Kamry K1000 pipe mod. I'd buy one. I'd have to hide it, but yeah, I'd get one. Especially if you get it at a decent price point. Multi packs of cartos & kanger type coils would be nice too. Skins for MVP's would rock. Surely you can talk to one of the graphics/sign making places in town to cut out some vinyl stick-um to patterns for an MVP at a decent price point. . . or once you get a die to cut the things they'd get really cheap to make. . .

Last edited:

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Honestly, I'm surprised you guys are still in the online business. Haven't purchased from you in over a year because you were out of stock on everything I needed. Yet were continuing to sale to other vendors. So, loyalty would be on the top of the list of things you could change.

Yes, we've had some problems in the past with keeping things in stock, but I think you have the circumstances all wrong. It wasn't like we were shafting our retail customers to sell to wholesalers. If it was out of stock on MadVapes, it was out of stock for wholesalers too. If anything, it would have been the other way around, with wholesale being out of stock while MadVapes still had stock. MadVapes would have bought 250 eGo batteries, for example, from the wholesale side. And since we sell exponentially more product from our wholesale warehouse, it would have run out of stock first, while MadVapes would slowly sell those 250 they bought. Our retail warehouse always has a designated quantity set aside specifically so that wholesale doesn't sell out before MadVapes gets a chance to buy, but they can purchase more than that if they need to. So MadVapes.com will never, ever be out of stock while our wholesale site still has stock. And this is not a new thing; it's the way it's always been since we set up the wholesale site. Believe me, I had to deal with stock issues when I ran our B&M in Concord; it wasn't just our retail customers that were affected.

What exactly were you waiting on that we didn't have? And how long was it out of stock for? Chances are that if it's out of stock for an extended period of time, it's either obsolete or discontinued. Or if you're waiting on anything from Vision, Bauway, or Boge, don't hold your breath because whatever we have left right now is the last of what we'll be getting from those companies. I'm not going to go into all of this again because it's beating a dead horse at this point, but I will direct you to my post from 4 months ago to clear things up:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/387173-stock-out-stock-whats-up-madvapes.html

We're not big-wigs, wearing suits and monocles, smoking our Cuban e-cigars and drinking scotch while we laugh about how our customers are making futile attempts to order from our website. We want people to be able to get what they want, when they want it. Doesn't it make sense that if we're out of stock, then we're not making money? It's just bad business. I can assure you, our stock issues had absolutely nothing to do with our loyalty to our customers. Retail and wholesale customers were in the same boat.

We're just a bunch of people who love to vape, plain and simple. We wear t-shirts and jeans to work. We have families and hobbies, and we're just regular people doing the best we can to keep up with the market. And almost everything we said we were going to do to fix the issue has been done, and our stock levels have improved greatly. Also, when something goes out of stock, it's back in stock much more quickly. Any of our customers that have been patient and remained loyal throughout our growing pains can attest to that.

Hopefully you'll read the post that I've linked above, and that will shed some light on what was going on during that time. We always strive to do right by our customers, but some problems can't be fixed overnight. I take it that, since you've taken the time to post in our subforum despite the fact that you haven't purchased from us in over a year, that you still have an interest in MadVapes, so thanks for that. Your loyalty is appreciated. And I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need on a consistent basis from now on.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC

Well the Vision stuff is out of stock for good, but Smok has their own versions of all the same items, which are in stock.

Batteries were ordered 2 weeks ago and should be here within a few days.

Silica and Kanthal we're working on. We actually have 10,000 meters of ekowool and 10,000 meters of silica rope, but there's only one person available to cut it to the proper size. Same thing with wire. We have about 20 pounds of wire here at the warehouse, but we have to wait for someone to become available to cut it, scan it, barcode it, etc. This is our biggest problem right now. What we're probably going to do after we sell the wire we have now, is just order it and sell it by the individual spool so that it doesn't take so much time to get this stuff live.

Adapters are always on order, so those should be back soon.

What Vapor Vinny is referring to is an issue we had when we first started wholesaling, where we could be out for months at a time, get a new shipment, and have it sell out in mere hours before it was out of stock again. Don't worry, we will have everything you're looking for, except for the Vision products, all within a few weeks at the latest.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
OK, I'm a rather patient person..
All those items on my wish list are things I "want"..
Should they become things I "need", then you lose out on a sale..
No sweat off my .... either way..

We really do appreciate the patience. What you're describing is exactly what we try to avoid. China is overworked because they always experience a "boom" of sorts after Chinese New Year when every vendor needs large quantities as soon as possible, which is why it's taking a bit longer than usual for our orders to ship. Hopefully by the middle of next week everything will be back to normal.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
We want to know what you think about anything and everything! What do you like? What don't you like? What would you like to see more of? What would you like to see less of? Is there anything you'd like to see us carry? Where can we improve? You guys are the reason we are in business, and we want to be the best vape shop we can be! So don't hold back! Let us know your thoughts!

I have been pleased with previous orders and service. More sales and discount coupons? Ya I know we all want a deal!

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I have been pleased with previous orders and service. More sales and discount coupons? Ya I know we all want a deal!

We have a 10% off sitewide coupon going on right now. You can use the coupon code FEB10OFF when you check out. You can also check out the Daily Deals on the front page of the site, and/or sign up to receive the newsletter which usually has deals or coupons.

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread