MadVapes Weekly Contest - January 19 through January 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dog Guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
New York
I think I really like the itaste VV4 or MVP20 ( I started with the 2.0 which is a great option too but 11watts max)
nautilus mini or Kanger aero
Innokin is a great starter, but I can't say I like the I30 at all
I would add a choice of juice (maybe a sampler) and Bundle the whole thing
I don't think you would either bust the bank or lose GP at maybe +/-$90.00

Thanks for the contest MadVapes!

Last edited:

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
I started with the Joytek batteries and atomizers. I used them for 5 years. But I think a starter kit with 2 1300 ego batteries and a protank 2 tank are a great way for someone to start out vaping with. along with a 5 pack of atomizer head replacement coils and a bottle or 2 of juice and of course a charger and case.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
2 x Ego twist 650 auto battery + chargers
2 x Kanger Aero Mini
1 x Package (5) 1.8Ω replacement coils
1 x 30ml Juice

Even though I normally use larger VV/VW mods, I constantly find myself stopping what I’m doing and pulling out the mod then getting back to work. I’ve recently started using this combination and find I can hold the ecig between my teeth (for short periods of time) and continue working. The Aero Mini is dependable, well designed and constructed, uses very good dual coils, and is easily pocketable with the battery.

As much as I used to distrust and avoid autos, the newer are better designed and performing so I’ve found ample reason to have some in my arsenal.

dolphins35

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Spanaway, Wa
I think that the basic starter kit for success is 2 1300 Spinners with a charger, 2 Nautilus minis, 5 pack of extra coils, and 2 15ml bottles of juice would be great for a beginner. I wish I would of started with this type of kit compared to the stick ecigs that I started with. It would let the person get the amount of vapor and nicotine to fight those strong cravings that you get at the very start of quitting.

Thanks for the contest.

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
It seems to me that people considering vaping as an alternative to smoking are intimidated by the start-up costs and the larger size of the more powerful/advanced types of equipment. I think start-up equipment should be fairly basic yet have the ability to perform well. That being said I recommend the following.

2 x Variable voltage 650 batteries such as the Vision Spinner.
2 x Kanger Mini Protank 2's.
1 x Good quality EGO charger and wall unit.
1 x Package (5) 1.8Ω replacement coils.
1 x E-Juice sample pack which includes flavors chosen by the purchaser.
1 x Case (optional)

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
In rethinking the ego starter kit, with todays technology, maybe I would have went with something else from what I know now! The IStick with a mini Geni & some extra coil heads, along with some different flavor juices might be a good call and I hear the IStick works well and the ease of use, along with the Geni and hopefully would love the juice right off & a reasonable price per what you are getting for a starter kit to boot! :vapor: :2cool:

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
All the things I initially bought when I first started vaping, which I have now given away, are things which I still consider to have been essential in helping me learn the basics and go through the natural progression to where I am now. For instance, if I hadn't ever had a Protank2 and the need to take apart the coil head to rewick it, I might never have felt comfortable with the idea of rebuilding. And my variable voltage devices helped me understand the finer points of Ohm's Law and how it all fits together.
That said, I do sometimes wish I had been able to use that initial outlay to jump ahead, because it would have saved me a lot of money. So; knowing what I know now, I would say my perfect starter kit would be a sturdy, shorter-profile telescoping mechanical mod (with reverse threaded locking ring) like the Astro, and a Kayfun Lite Plus. This is my setup of choice now, along with a couple RDA's. Also, shorty muffler widebore drip tips. Best flavor of all my tips, and the only ones I use on my gear now.

Kloverz158

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
ATL
Like me and other we started with a starter kits for it it lasted 1 week until I went for the Istick 20w and a mini nautilus. From there I wanted better so why not offer something that people can grow with instead of buying 2-3mods. So something like this would of been appealing.
Xpro M36
Kanger mini subtank, due to being a RBA
18650 samsung 25r
Juice make it 2 15mil since when you start you tend to get bored of 1 flavor.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I think the best starter kit would be something easy. Simple two-pack eGo type batteries with maybe three levels of power, 3.2 volts, 3.7 volts and 4.2 volts. Top it off with a disposible clearomizer that lasts at least a week at about 2.0 ohms. A bottle of good juice, and it would work for even the newest noob.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Knowing that it didn't take long before I wanted something better after a short stint with cig-alikes (about a month), then more than an eGo 1100mAh Kit with its fixed Voltage after another month, and that I found I needed a Glass Tank after the eGo while using a Vivi Nova with my first Mod, I think some combination of these would make a Great Starter Kit...

VV Twist
Smok EGo Winder 1300mAh
Tesla Spider 1300mAh
Tesla Sidewinder 2000mAh
eMax VV/VW 1300mAh

Tank
Pyrex ARO V2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...Great selection of Heads available, including 1.7Ω Ribbon Wire!
Aspire Nautilus Mini . . . . . . . . . ...For the Tesla Sidewinder, even though you don't presently carry it.

The Kit could include Two Twists, a Charger, and a Tank, with an extra 5 Heads that don't come packaged with the Tank. Maybe even a MadVapes carrying case could be included, if you have one that fits a Twist (especially a Tesla). You could also have 5 juices included and they get to select what they want. That would make a nice, complete Kit! Or maybe have these last two offered as Options for an additional charge.

What would truly be great is a really high-quality replaceable battery 18650 VV or VV/VW Twist. Simple one button operation with a Twist dial for settings. No Menu systems to have to learn or navigate, and no Screen to make it any bigger than necessary. There are Veteran Vapers today (with little or no technical ability or mechanical aptitude) who are begging for such simplicity, so I think this would be great for many Beginners. The VV/VW Twist electronics are already out there in several models with non-replaceable batteries. With an 18650 Battery, the Twist could vary up to 6V instead of 4.8V, and 15W instead of 12W, if not even higher Watts, though this would involve a newer design of the Twist Electronics. But something like an 18650 Twist could carry a beginner from their newbie stage into more advanced vaping stages. A really high-quality 14500 version may suit users who didn't want something as large as an 18650 Mod. I know I didn't think I ever would when I first started, but now I don't want anything less. That's retrospect for ya... knowing what I know now.

The iStick 20W may be perfect for some relatively new Vapers as well. It's fairly simple to use. If I had one, I'd use it with a Dual Coil build at about 1.1Ω to be able to get to 20 Watts. :D

Thanks for the contest! :)

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
For a beginner walking into a vape shop for the first time, simpler is better. Most people looking to move into vaping look at box style mods and that can be intimidating. Keeping it more in line with what they are used to is better - pen style. That said...

2 Ego style pen batteries that are variable wattage instead of variable voltage around the 1300 mah range. With voltage, you have to calculate how much power to apply to keep from burning up your coils. Gets to be a hassle when you have different resistance coils on different tanks. Setting a single wattage means that no matter what the resistance you'll get a nice vape.

2 Evod2 tanks. They give good flavor for the price point and they are easy to use.

Liquid... a newcomer has to find two flavors they enjoy to make it work. If you can find two flavors you enjoy, that's enough to keep you off, IMHO. And you need enough to last 3-4 weeks.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
MY :2c:

So I think the Bottom Line here is...Cost, simplicity, quality & performance! A person just starting out & with most trying to get away from the tobacco habit are skeptical & are more willing to try a cheap alternative at first, so that's the cost factor because they don't want to waste $'s on something uncertain! So with that in mind & if they see that vaping could work for them, that's where ECF comes in to inform and educate, so as a person can try a kit that may be to their personal preference.
Gotta remember all the psychological whims of smoking a cigarette too, until they can understand the importance of getting away from the look a likes & vaping with something that works well & also simple to use & is of good quality & performs to the point where they find this so much better than smoking, along with many samples of ejuice, as to be able to find their personal preference also...To me the moral of the story is to offer a simple well thought out quality affordable starter kit for the beginner, that can be upgraded to advanced in maybe 3 steps and maybe have a few different models to choose from & colors Etc also! This could be the way to help with all the confusion for the beginner & to lay out a better format for the advanced vaper to make their personal choices! :vapor: :2c:

mvpTina

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2014
michigan
I would of like to started out with:
iTaste VV Starter Kit

The iTaste VV is a great starter kit with many advanced features. The included VV battery is a variable voltage/variable wattage 800mAh passhtrough, so you can continue to use it while it's charging. Voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 volts to 5.0 volts in .1-volt increments. Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 to 11.0 watts in .5-watt increments. The VV will also display your remaining battery life, atomizer resistance and number of puffs taken. This is a compact yet powerful e-cigarette. With 510 and eGo threading, this battery can accommodate virtually any clearomizer, cartomizer or tank.

The VV Kit comes with:

1 - iTaste VV battery
1 - Retractable USB Charging Cable
1 - AC Wall Adapter
5 - iClear 16 Clearomizers

Thanks for the contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread