Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Existing vapers may participate in a black market, I expect very few current smokers would.

I doubt I will be searching out underground sources of nic, I may buy some grey area hardware.

Just PM me.....:censored: screw the government's :rules:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
For my part I would quit vaping altogether rather than get my stuff from BT. I'll have nothing to do with those reptiles. If there does prove to be an underground source for nicotine after those reptiles twist the laws with their money and power I'll avail myself of it, or find out how to make my own.
Are you telling us you have not yet done the math to figure out how much nic you need for the rest of your life, and stocked your freezer with it? o_O

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Are you telling us you have not yet done the math to figure out how much nic you need for the rest of your life, and stocked your freezer with it? o_O

Until quite recently I didn't make enough money to even think about it. For the rest of my life? Pray tell, how long might that be? I'm 61 and diabetic. Might not be all that long. I ordered another liter of nic today.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I hear black market being thrown around a lot in the ecig communities but I am not convinced a black market would be any sort of a viable option for most really.
If the legal ramifications, fines and so on you can get when dealing in black market tobacco cigarettes is any indication of what would be in store for participants I doubt too many will opt in (as well as the obvious quality control concerns) but cigarettes are legal to buy if you are an adult, nicotine might not be, so you would be entering into a whole different realm of legal ramifications I think most will opt out of.
I know I would.

All True YT.

Also, people should Consider what will happen Very Soon.

And that is Deeming will be Finalized. And when that Happens, there is going to be a Run on Nicotine Base. And even people who have Never done DIY are going to be putting a Liter or 2 (or 7) into their Freezers.

So if one has 5 or 6 Years worth of Nicotine (or Maybe a Lifetimes worth!), how much would this individual Need a Black Market?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Oh, geez, that damn thing says I'm going to live to be 80.
No, it doesn't. It says you've got a 50/50 chance of making to 80.

In my case, it claims 82, with a 75% chance of making it to 74, and only a 25% chance of making it to 88. Since I don't wanna run out of nic, that gives me some idea what I should plan for, but of course, nothing is certain.

It doesn't know I'm sick though.
What did you put in for general health? If I put in "poor" rather than the middling "good", my 50/50 number drops to 73.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
No, it doesn't. It says you've got a 50/50 chance of making to 80.

In my case, it claims 82, with a 75% chance of making it to 74, and only a 25% chance of making it to 88. Since I don't wanna run out of nic, that gives me some idea what I should plan for, but of course, nothing is certain.

What did you put in for general health? If I put in "poor" rather than the middling "good", my 50/50 number drops to 73.

I put fair. Other than pancreatitis, I have an athletic build and look younger than my age.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'd say it it's probably pretty accurate with mine, if not even perhaps a bit conservative, since it knows nothing of my particular genetic legacies. It says my life expectancy is 84, with a 32% chance I'll live to be older than 88. I had mentally calculated 88 as being the age I would probably not care to live beyond. However, there is a very strong tendency in females of my grandmother's family to live to very great age -- my great-grandmother lived to age 105; my grandmother to age 99, and of course both had a great many children, given their rural southern environment in the early 20th century. My aunt, my grandmother's next-to-last girl, is currently 83, and looks like my sister -- I'm not quite 55. All of that is why I'm concerned to carry on nicotine use indefinitely, because unfortunately, both my great-grandmother and grandmother became very senile before finally just dying of old age. If I've gotta stick around past any reasonable age, I at least would like to know who I am.

Andria

Reactions: EBates

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I think you're pretty much right, but there are so many millions of potential participants, that the black market will still be huge. That needs to be pointed out repeatedly.

Why?

Why must a fact of common knowledge be pointed out repeatedly?

How does being repeated effect the knowledge?

What cause is there to repeat it?

Can it favor one a sage for continually repeating?

Who benefits in one repeating it?

When does one stop repeating it?

What prompts one to repeat it?

Where must one repeat it?

When must one repeat it?

How can this common knowledge be made more germane via repetition?

Reactions: EBates

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
csm_8.4.15Screening.Delirious.2_squarehero_58a896dddf.jpg

"Tito get me some tissue. Jermaine stop teasing"

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
View attachment 527660

"Tito get me some tissue. Jermaine stop teasing"

* chuckles *

You at least probably do comprehend where I'm guiding the wheel. All funny aside for a, erm, second or so.

* waits for serious to pass *

Ha! Goal! I had three of a kind which beats your touchdown by one checker. You're now it by the way. Calvin Ball On!

* takes off running *

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

Because some people with some power need to know that there are big limits to how many lives they can control with the planned deeming.

When must one repeat it?

How about instead I say it should be repeated strategically and consistently?

Reactions: DC2

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Why?

When must one repeat it?

Because one of the things OMB is required to take into consideration is the likelihood of the proposed deeming to create a black market. That has been pretty much left out of things so far.

Fresh kevin

Feb 4, 2016
Article was very interesting. Makes me wonder if these big corporations will go after some small vape manufactures and try to buy them out. With cig sales declining over the next few generations they will need a sustainable market that continues to grow. If they bought a small company they'd probably find a way to make the product way cheaper and worse and sell a ton through marketing.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Because some people with some power need to know that there are big limits to how many lives they can control with the planned deeming.

I figure those with power, (a) already know, (b) do not care, (c) care but only because it furthers their goals, (d) all of the above.

As it stands there seems a Hegelian dialectic at hand. Here it is for those not looking.

Thesis: Vaping provides a safer alternative to tobacco.

Antithesis: Vaping detracts profit for big tobacco, big pharmaceutical, big ... ( I'm tired of p_$$y footed around ) fascist dictatorship/s.

Synthesis: Let big business, the corporate aspect of fascism control vaping.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Because one of the things OMB is required to take into consideration is the likelihood of the proposed deeming to create a black market. That has been pretty much left out of things so far.

Not quite sure who/what OMB is. Fairly sure though, whoever or whatever entity is tugging the reigns is already well aware of exactly what is happening. I think though, big vaping industry from China did catch them off guard.

What I'm left to draw out of current events, everyone involved with vaping is now supposed to be scared. "Oh no, the great deeming will create the evil black market! What ever shall we do? Oh despair, oh misery. We'll turn more to big government to save us, that'll work for sure!" And it is clear with it being big government being the one swatting our hand with the deeming, it won't help.

Not saying the big players from China might be a life ring in full. Will say though it offers more choice. More choice never can allow for a closed system of a bifurcation fallacy. Fascism seems to desire us guided to a bifurcation fallacy. "It's either this or that."

"No, sorry there is choices c-z left, maybe more."

That is how I see repeating the black market bit benefiting an entity, a scare tactic. And well, just took away the paper dragon's teeth & flame. Guess they don't benefit any longer, eh?

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Article was very interesting. Makes me wonder if these big corporations will go after some small vape manufactures and try to buy them out. With cig sales declining over the next few generations they will need a sustainable market that continues to grow. If they bought a small company they'd probably find a way to make the product way cheaper and worse and sell a ton through marketing.

Sounds about par for what I see happening, or consolidation of many smaller companies. And then you get Big Vaping, rolled into Big Tobacco. At that point any innovation is gone, any dissent, any free thought, any choice.

Got to love it when a plan comes together. * shaking head *

Kind of makes real sense given they're desiring charging carbon taxes. "Hey, we're going to charge you to breath now. You'll thank us for it, too."

Silent screams laughing here, dying to tell you the truth
You are planned and you are damned in this brave new world

Brave New World

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread