Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I've already had one break and I attempted to send it back for repairs. It got lost in the mail so it never made it to it's destination. I bought another one as I love the small form and I had issues right off the bat with it. I had to swap the top screw to a brass one to get it to work and now it's heating up. There's no way I'm getting anything new from them as it's too hard to get things fixed if something breaks. And there are now other mods that are cheaper and/or easier to get fixed now.

Ouch! I'm sorry to read this, Susan.

The more I read though, the more I'm questioning my decision to not wait a year before jumping into his mix.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've already had one break and I attempted to send it back for repairs. It got lost in the mail so it never made it to it's destination. I bought another one as I love the small form and I had issues right off the bat with it. I had to swap the top screw to a brass one to get it to work and now it's heating up. There's no way I'm getting anything new from them as it's too hard to get things fixed if something breaks. And there are now other mods that are cheaper and/or easier to get fixed now.

I understand, Susan, and feel terrible for you. Kat and I have already agreed that if anything else goes wrong, we're going to accept that we lost the money.

She did try to get me to wait, as I've done with other (much wanted) devices. But I was intent on jumping into the Xvo, based mainly on the reputation of the company. We're obviously hopeful that it works out, but I understand exactly where you're coming from.

We live, we learn. This was an expensive lesson though, which I guess you know.

Had you insured the one you sent in that got lost?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am terribly sorry for this misunderstanding. I was unclear, I ment that if we ship the XvoSticks separately, it is needed to pay extra money for shipment. We'll repair the XvoSticks the same day we receive the parcel and ship them back to you.
Sorry once again and thank you for your patience.

The issue with a sticking fire button in the XvoStick is resolved. In the new batch of the XvoSticks we made a button slightly smaller.
If someone has problems with the button, please contact us via Contact form
We'll ship you the new button.
I am going to add this information on our site and FB tomorrow.
I am very sorry for the inconviniences.

@LittleDonkey.....

Thank you for finally coming back on your thread to communicate with us. It is very much appreciated.

I did ask a question earlier, but perhaps you did not see it.

I would like to know why you decided to REPAIR one of our non-working Xvos, and why you decided to REPLACE one of our non-working Xvos.

This only caused more delays for us, and it is very confusing.

You stated "Yes, we check the items before for the shipment. If there are any troubles we’ll replace the item for free."

Honestly, if you would really like to make all this right, it would be wonderful if you would send out two brand new replacements to us tomorrow. :)

I will email you directly as well.

Thank you.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
No, I didn't have insurance as just to get tracking it cost me about $30.00. Can't remember what it was exactly now. Insurance would have added on to it. Well, come to find out, tracking is difficult once it leaves the US and out of USPS hands. I hate to say I've had not so good communication with this company. My emails on their contact page were getting lost so I had to resort to posting here. Never did get my refund for the service fee I paid either. :(

I understand, Susan, and feel terrible for you. Kat and I have already agreed that if anything else goes wrong, we're going to accept that we lost the money.

She did try to get me to wait, as I've done with other (much wanted) devices. But I was intent on jumping into the Xvo, based mainly on the reputation of the company. We're obviously hopeful that it works out, but I understand exactly where you're coming from.

We live, we learn. This was an expensive lesson though, which I guess you know.

Had you insured the one you sent in that got lost?

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
No, I didn't have insurance as just to get tracking it cost me about $30.00. Can't remember what it was exactly now. Insurance would have added on to it. Well, come to find out, tracking is difficult once it leaves the US and out of USPS hands. I hate to say I've had not so good communication with this company. My emails on their contact page were getting lost so I had to resort to posting here. Never did get my refund for the service fee I paid either. :(

I really feel bad for you as well. It's enuf that the mod got lost in transit (uninsured), but what bothered me most about your post is that even your emails got "lost", and that you felt it necessary to post on this thread to be heard.

I sincerely hope this somehow works out for you.

I've emailed Mini today. I'm hopeful that I receive a reply by tomorrow.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
For some strange reason, my emails weren't getting formatted correctly, something about everything being in one long line which made them to be be delivered properly. I'm done dealing with them. I had three Micro Sticks and two of them broke. Not very good odds especially since they are mech mods. I'm very careful about my equipment so it's not because I've been abusive to them. It's been an expensive lesson.

I hope you're able to get a resolution too.

I really feel bad for you as well. It's enuf that the mod got lost in transit (uninsured), but what bothered me most about your post is that even your emails got "lost", and that you felt it necessary to post on this thread to be heard.

I sincerely hope this somehow works out for you.

I've emailed Mini today. I'm hopeful that I receive a reply by tomorrow.

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
I need a little troubleshooting help....

One of my newer Micro Sticks is getting hot on the bottom where the 510 connection sits. It's doing this the first time I press the button, not after prolonged use. It just started doing this so I took it apart, cleaned everything and put it back together. I tried different batteries and atomizers, same problem. I have an older one too and it's fine. I can't swap the 510 connector thingy though as I can't get them out. Would like to get this fixed without having to send it in for service since my 3rd Micro Stick got "lost" in the mail when I sent it back. Hence, having to buy another one.

What could be the problem and can it be fixed? Don't want to use it like this.

Hi Susan,
If the device gets hot it indicates to the shortening somewhere. Please take off the battery cap and check anodizing on it, especially under the brass bar and in the place thhat is getting hot.

I am really sorry that the parcel got lost and I wish I could help you with it. Is repair order number #3792? It was refunded 28/03/15. Have you received the money?
I am sorry if we missed some of your emails, we'll check the work of the site. We reply all emails we receive via contact form in 24 hours.

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
@LittleDonkey.....

Thank you for finally coming back on your thread to communicate with us. It is very much appreciated.

I did ask a question earlier, but perhaps you did not see it.

I would like to know why you decided to REPAIR one of our non-working Xvos, and why you decided to REPLACE one of our non-working Xvos.

This only caused more delays for us, and it is very confusing.

You stated "Yes, we check the items before for the shipment. If there are any troubles we’ll replace the item for free."

Honestly, if you would really like to make all this right, it would be wonderful if you would send out two brand new replacements to us tomorrow. :)

I will email you directly as well.

Thank you.

Hi Kat,

Sorry, there is no reason to send you a new item. We'll repair yours and ship it back.
This is a simple fix. It won't break once again just because it was fixed once. And nobody wants to get a used item if it's sold as brand new. Hope you can understand it.
Here is our repair policy:
http://mini-ecig.com/repair

I am sorry if I have ever been unclear. As soon as we receive the parcel, we'll repair the first item and replace the second one. We'll check both XvoSticks twice before the shipment to be sure there are no problems.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I didn't know the anodizing could move. It worked fine since I got it and just started heating up a few days ago. I cleaned the entire device, changed batteries and atomizers and it's still getting hot. Not sure what else to check.

Hi Susan,
If the device gets hot it indicates to the shortening somewhere. Please take off the battery cap and check anodizing on it, especially under the brass bar and in the place thhat is getting hot.

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hi Kat,

Sorry, there is no reason to send you a new item. We'll repair yours and ship it back.
This is a simple fix. It won't break once again just because it was fixed once. And nobody wants to get a used item if it's sold as brand new. Hope you can understand it.
Here is our repair policy:
http://mini-ecig.com/repair

I am sorry if I have ever been unclear. As soon as we receive the parcel, we'll repair the first item and replace the second one. We'll check both XvoSticks twice before the shipment to be sure there are no problems.

Thank you very much, Chels. Much appreciated.

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
I didn't know the anodizing could move. It worked fine since I got it and just started heating up a few days ago. I cleaned the entire device, changed batteries and atomizers and it's still getting hot. Not sure what else to check.

Anodizing can be damaged if you dropped it, though the probability is very low.
The problem can also be in the atty, though as you said you have tried another one.
Unfortunatelly I have no ideas how you can repair it by yourself. Please ship it to us and we'll repair it. If you send it with standard shipment with a tracking number, it will cost you not so much, and the probability of it being lost is much less.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I haven't dropped or damaged it. I made a leather cover for it so it's still in pristine condition. I won't be sending it back for repair as with standard shipping and tracking and repair costs and the risk of it going missing a second time is more than I want to lose. I'm going to look for something else as there are other small devices now on the market. Thanks for you time.

Anodizing can be damaged if you dropped it, though the probability is very low.
The problem can also be in the atty, though as you said you have tried another one.
Unfortunatelly I have no ideas how you can repair it by yourself. Please ship it to us and we'll repair it. If you send it with standard shipment with a tracking number, it will cost you not so much, and the probability of it being lost is much less.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Susan, I have two of the original microsticks as well. One works fine and the other is quirky. It's the one that you have to loosen the 510 connection a half a turn or something because of the anadozing. I cannot budge the 510. I have completely destroyed 2 GP forks and a pair of scissors to remove it .....will not budge to clean, etc. I gave up and moved on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Oh wow, that's awful not ever being able to use a device. At least all mine worked. Though I'm unhappy I've been itching to buy something new and now I have a good reason to.

Susan, I have two of the original microsticks as well. One works fine and the other is quirky. It's the one that you have to loosen the 510 connection a half a turn or something because of the anadozing. I cannot budge the 510. I have completely destroyed 2 GP forks and a pair of scissors to remove it .....will not budge to clean, etc. I gave up and moved on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
I need a little troubleshooting help....

One of my newer Micro Sticks is getting hot on the bottom where the 510 connection sits. It's doing this the first time I press the button, not after prolonged use. It just started doing this so I took it apart, cleaned everything and put it back together. I tried different batteries and atomizers, same problem. I have an older one too and it's fine. I can't swap the 510 connector thingy though as I can't get them out. Would like to get this fixed without having to send it in for service since my 3rd Micro Stick got "lost" in the mail when I sent it back. Hence, having to buy another one.

What could be the problem and can it be fixed? Don't want to use it like this.
I had exactly this problem with one of my MicroSticks. It worked perfectly, but slowly after several months, it became worse and worse. Eventually, it was so bad (and after reading about the anodising under the 510 connector), I removed the 510 and set about the housing with my dremel. Though my work was not pretty, it was effective. It now fires as well as my others. I urge you to do the same.
I note under your first post that you can remove the 510 from the body. But for those who are having a problem doing this - a set of needle nosed pliers will get it done. It does require an inordinate amount of force to shift a stubborn 510, but perseverance will pay off. After the initial removal of the 510, when replacing it - don't wind it down quite "so" tight, it's easy thereafter to remove it for cleaning and so on.
Needle nosed pliers of a suitable gauge are available from any DIY store for a couple of $ or £ depending... They come in handy for other bits and pieces too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Katdarling

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I have completely destroyed 2 GP forks and a pair of scissors to remove it .....will not budge to clean, etc.

I have spares ;)

F79AF07A-6D6E-48A5-ADA7-EFD820A25DF7_zpsuyzsyyi9.jpg

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
The "broken" MicroStick is red so I should be able to see any anodizing on the threads and it doesn't look like there is any there. I look again, it won't hurt if I ruin it as I can't really use it now anyway. The one that got lost sending it back for repair, I tried using the GP fork and vise to remove the 510 connector and couldn't get it to budge. Even my handyman couldn't get it out. I've got a bunch of needle nose pliers that I tried too. Ended up scratching the finish badly. I'm reluctant to try this with my last and only working MicroStick. It's sad as I like the MicroStick but too costly to throwing away money on them.

I had exactly this problem with one of my MicroSticks. It worked perfectly, but slowly after several months, it became worse and worse. Eventually, it was so bad (and after reading about the anodising under the 510 connector), I removed the 510 and set about the housing with my dremel. Though my work was not pretty, it was effective. It now fires as well as my others. I urge you to do the same.
I note under your first post that you can remove the 510 from the body. But for those who are having a problem doing this - a set of needle nosed pliers will get it done. It does require an inordinate amount of force to shift a stubborn 510, but perseverance will pay off. After the initial removal of the 510, when replacing it - don't wind it down quite "so" tight, it's easy thereafter to remove it for cleaning and so on.
Needle nosed pliers of a suitable gauge are available from any DIY store for a couple of $ or £ depending... They come in handy for other bits and pieces too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread