Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I have had minor flooding with mine (right now nothing but pg/vg mix in the house) and I lost the frakkin' reducer tube. Going to order some vg from vapor renu after this (I don't have Sterno's mad mixing skills), and the cartos are a really nice low effort solution.

I've never messed with cartos before (other than piercing them for the GG AFS/AVS) and they're honestly not bad.

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Still heavily using the Mini. Back to using a Sterno debridged SLB LR510, and it's hitting like a champ. There's a gentle learning curve to the mod, but it's pretty forgiving. I've tried another one of Rob's 510 tips and used a can of compressed air on the atty's brass parts to blow out junked up juice. Solid, enjoyable little mod, with a minimum amount of maintenance.

This is hands down one of the best mods I've ever tried, and I've had a lot of them. It just may be my all time favorite....

....at least for now. I've got a tracking order for my Grand yellow jacket model in my inbox this morning. I love the mini's small size, but am willing to put up for a bigger unit to get a bigger 18650 battery, doubly sized juice bottle, and ability to try 6v if I so choose. I've also got a tracking number for a big bottle of high strength virginia gold venom juice from e-liquid8. Tried some of that Sat night on Sterno's Grand, and got a eyes wide open "Oh, Momma!" reaction from it. Closest thing I've had so far to an analog. They may get here at the same time, and what a good day that will be!

Don't worry about the Mini once the Grand gets here, though. My wife already has her owns plans and designs for it.

Last edited:

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Im looking to get either a mini or grand so if any of you fine people have one to spare im willing to pay $150 + shipping.

PM me please :)

You can have my Wetbox for $150 and I'll throw in FREE shipping to boot! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Whew, I gotta catch my breath after that one! Some people would say I should pay YOU to take it.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I have had minor flooding with mine (right now nothing but pg/vg mix in the house) and I lost the frakkin' reducer tube. Going to order some vg from vapor renu after this (I don't have Sterno's mad mixing skills), and the cartos are a really nice low effort solution.

I've never messed with cartos before (other than piercing them for the GG AFS/AVS) and they're honestly not bad.

Clyde, I'll bet if you stripped some small-gauge wiring you could make your own reducer tube.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
I can't tell you about the other battery sizes for sure since I don't have them. But I don't think so, I've got a couple of longer 14500's that barely fit inside of the mod. That said, the mod seems to get pretty good life from the batteries.

Tried some 100% vg blend in the reo (uber high strength venom juice from e-liquid8, virginia gold flavor) last night and today. The Mini loves straight VG. Reduces the learning curve of the mod to just about zero degrees. With straight VG, I think this would be a great mod for a new vaper, as proven by my friend Julia.

Wife's waiting for my Grand to get in tomorrow so she can abduct my Mini. So much for my one month extended use review....

Last edited:

sosolidgold

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
San Jose, California
I think the 17670 is to big but I can look in to it if you would like. the Mini takes a 14500.

i figured it may be too big but just wanted to make sure as i have not seen a size comparison with both batts. i have nvr used 14500 or 17670 so im not sure how they work with length in time. i guess im tryin to figure out if i need to get two batts for it one to carry around. if i choose to grab a mini.

thanks for getting back to me

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Thanks, it's on to the Grand once I get to the post office tomorrow. Wife came in from work looking hopeful yesterday and asked if I've received the Grand yet. When I told her no, she walked into her office, silent and crestfallen.

I'll probably have to deliver the mini to her at work once I receive the Grand.

Kargonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Abilene, Texas
Thanks, it's on to the Grand once I get to the post office tomorrow. Wife came in from work looking hopeful yesterday and asked if I've received the Grand yet. When I told her no, she walked into her office, silent and crestfallen.

I'll probably have to deliver the mini to her at work once I receive the Grand.

She will appreciate you for it I'm sure. I'll be looking for you review on it, I'm sure you could say it much better than I.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
She will appreciate you for it I'm sure. I'll be looking for you review on it, I'm sure you could say it much better than I.

Unsure about that, frankly. Logically, the Grand being a bigger version of the Mini, it should perform the same. I also think this after dealing with Scott's Grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread