Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Thanks. Just got the Grand today. Wife's happy....

Well Clyde, I don't know if this is "the real" reo thread, but I'll try it. If you don't mind I need to say a little about my pursuit to acquire a bottom fed mod. I've been interested for months but cant pull the trigger on any due to and from what I have read ...problems. Not with the reo but most others. VV would be great but I don't yet trust the design or the components used in vv mods. I need something that wont break.. well built, and the best components available for a 140 dollar mod. I'm not familiar with any of the components because that is not my area. No wires and all mechanical sounds like a step in the right direction. If I have to dump the idea of a vv to have a mod that will work longer then so be it. I must have a juice feeder though. What on the new reo mods could go wrong? if anything other that just wearing out. Are there extra parts I can buy to replace something that is known to fail after a certain amount of time? What is the expected "wear out" time on the Reo Grand? Am I paying 140 bucks for 6 months or a year or ???
I already have the info to purchase as Redeyedancer was kind enough to pm me. I'm trying to get some feedback on the life of the reo...I mean, I've waited months already and this mod looks sturdy, has a catch cup(every mod should) is metal so no warping possible and does 2 different voltages. I'll sum up my questions which is how I should have started anyway.
1. Is there a warranty on the reo grand and what is it?
2. If a part or component breaks or fails can they be replaced? Radio Shack or Fry's Electronics just in case it's two years down the road and Redeye has moved on.
3. IYHO can you see anything on or in the reo mod that might lead to a replacement part in the near or far future.
Well, I just explained why I only have 2 mods (S.B. and ego) in 7 months. I am a very weary cautious and skeptical shopper. I don't need the most electronics...I just want something that will always work and last last last....anyway.anything from you Clyde or anyone would be great and thanks.

and by the way Clyde I have always enjoyed your reviews. Very informative and entertaining.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
I'll speak for him briefly. He said it comes with a 1 year warranty and if I could break it, send it back to him. Did you get a 1 year warranty with yours Clyde?

I'll jump in here and say, Yes, all his mod's have at least a year warranty.
He is committed to CS and is deeply committed to his mods. I don't have a spare $130.00 to throw away either,
Robert (Reos mods) knows none of us do, that's why they are built so good and supported 100%

(And yes, I did break one of my Woodies, And yes, he fixed it, free, with a 1 day turn around time. I know of no other mod maker that could or would do that.)

GB

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Not officially. But the one time I had issues with a woodie, he went out of his way to take care of it.

I'm just going to assume a "woodie" is a mod:p

I'll jump in here and say, Yes, all his mod's have at least a year warranty.
He is committed to CS and is deeply committed to his mods. I don't have a spare $130.00 to throw away either,
Robert (Reos mods) knows none of us do, that's why they are built so good and supported 100%

(And yes, I did break one of my Woodies, And yes, he fixed it, free, with a 1 day turn around time. I know of no other mod maker that could or would do that.)

GB

Thanks for the feed back...now I'm just waiting on an email. :)

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Been using the Grand since Friday...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ews/137047-reo-grand-initial-impressions.html

Wife's been using the Mini since then and has started to drastically taper off of analogs. Yea! Woot! Huzzah! This may not sound like a big deal, but she's a lot tougher to please than I am. She's tried every mod I've ever had, and has always found severe fault with each one within a few hours. If the Mini is the mod that gets her off of analogs, the Mini wins the blue ribbon...maybe the medal of honor.

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
I'll speak for him briefly. He said it comes with a 1 year warranty and if I could break it, send it back to him. Did you get a 1 year warranty with yours Clyde?

First of all the aluminum REO's the Mini and the Grande appear to be almost indestructable with normal use. There are few parts that would go bad and since it is a mechanical mod no wires to get caught or tangled. Also because of the solid construction I'm sure they could endure many falls without a serious problem. This would not be the case with some of the Wood bottom feeders that are out there.
As far as customer service Redyedancer is second to none. My wife dropped my original Wood REO off the back of a moving motorcyle and it was badly damaged. When I spoke to Rob he asked that I send it back for him to look at. When he got it back he called and said it was not repairable but that he had some parts around and he would see what he could do. Three days later I received a beautiful new Wood REO - "NO CHARGE" that my wife is using now.. Certainly not covered by warranty just covered by a great guy.

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
First of all the aluminum REO's the Mini and the Grande appear to be almost indestructable with normal use. There are few parts that would go bad and since it is a mechanical mod no wires to get caught or tangled. Also because of the solid construction I'm sure they could endure many falls without a serious problem. This would not be the case with some of the Wood bottom feeders that are out there.
As far as customer service Redyedancer is second to none. My wife dropped my original Wood REO off the back of a moving motorcyle and it was badly damaged. When I spoke to Rob he asked that I send it back for him to look at. When he got it back he called and said it was not repairable but that he had some parts around and he would see what he could do. Three days later I received a beautiful new Wood REO - "NO CHARGE" that my wife is using now.. Certainly not covered by warranty just covered by a great guy.

That is Rob for you. The best there is! Where else would you see that?

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
Hi all, I'm having an issue with the mini I just got on Friday. I can't seem to get much if any flavor out of it. I've been using a little chuck for several months and just had to have one of these babies for my one year anniversary of being analog free. Well, I have it now but no flavor. I'm using a 510lr atty. I'm getting lots of vapor but no flavor. I tried all vg and 70/30 and no flavor with either mix. Got any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Kessie:

1. Take note of the brand new Reos Mods supplier sub-forum.

2. Try a different atty. I've had the experience of one LR 510 atty performing wonderfully and the next one from the same vendor, same model, same order, etc., not give me hardly any flavor at all. Check the ohms on that atty if you have a multi-meter. Also, check the ohms on attys that you find are working really good for you. I put all my atty's in small clear plastic baggies and write their measured ohms on the baggie with a Sharpie. Your lack of flavor may not be a function of resistance, but some other individual quirk in that particular atty. In either case, it's good to know what resistance works best for you.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
P.S. - Be sure to blow out any primer before trying to use a brand new atty. Then drip 3 or 4 drops of the juice you will be vaping into the atty and let it sit upright (threaded end down) for a long as you can stand it. This will allow the wick at the coil to absorb the juice so that you don't have to puff on it over and over before the flavor pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread