Mods by Chels - mini-ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
@Yozhik does your initial review still hold after more than a week of use?

I'm still using it a lot. For whatever reason, I've also found that it is really comfortable in the left hand. I'm using it now with a 26650 battery and wow do those last a good long time. I'm getting almost 40kJ or so on them. If I leave the house, I sometimes switch over to the Xvostick for the portability. Otherwise though, the ProYstick is a strong favorite. Performs better than the DNA40/200 in my opinion (I haven't touched the DNA200 lately, just annoys me too much). I have the feeling this is going to become a very well worn mod.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Just received the shipping notice on my Ysticks! :banana: (anyone else already got them in their hands? Curious about experiences)
And although it is a month+ late, I'm still excited to receive them, I will put up a comparison to the Xvostick once I receive them........

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just received the shipping notice on my Ysticks! :banana: (anyone else already got them in their hands? Curious about experiences)
And although it is a month+ late, I'm still excited to receive them, I will put up a comparison to the Xvostick once I receive them........

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL

Still liking my ProYstick a ton. The Xvostick is still a great mod, but it just can't do what my ProYstick can do. In the end, having both, I can't complain. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Still liking my ProYstick a ton. The Xvostick is still a great mod, but it just can't do what my ProYstick can do. In the end, having both, I can't complain. ;)

And I, conversely, and absolutely thrilled that the Xvo more than covers my needs. I've said it before that IF VA ever drops theirs to $150, I'll get a 3rd. I'm happy with two though, so if they don't, no impact.

Something for everyone. ;)

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
It took quite a bit longer than promised, but they have arrived!
I was a bit anxious as I only received one at first, but luckily the next day the second one appeared, not sure why they were send separately, but they arrived safely :D
The both works excellent, no button rattle, no scratches, all is in perfect order.
I choose to forgo the EMS shipping option, and still they arrived in only a week from Israel to the Netherlands, pretty decent, and they managed to slip through customs without extra payment, thanks for the low cost on the package Little donkey!

So far I love them, if you are right handed they are very comfortable to hold thanks to the curve in the body and the bulge (where the chip is) where you can rest your fingers. If your are a lefty, they are still quite useable, just not as comfortable to hold as with your right hand. My hands aren't the biggest, but can still hold them very comfortable due to the excellent form factor.

The Sx350j V2 is ofcourse an excellent chip, and I think for the $175 I payed for them (incl shipping, introduction price) it is quite a bargain, even for the current price I would have ordered at least one.

Some pics:
Next to the Xvo:

ifv9g8.jpg

and a hand check:

bedgtu.jpg

I'll try to put up a more comprehensive overview on the side-by-side thread later this weekend.

Last edited:

vpsi333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
near Birmingham Al
Finally got a shipping notice. Whew !!!
Almost a 3 months wait but also my 1st order from a modder. I hope it's durable since I'm now having trouble with the buttons on two of my Yihi chipped devices (M class & IPV 5).
Time to start stalking the mailman.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Grabbed a discounted ProXvoStick a couple of days ago to give the brand a test drive. Ifin I like what comes I see many more NewSticks in my future. No idea how fast an in-stock discounted item ships, but I'm sure it won't be over night...;)

Reactions: Katdarling

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
What I want to know is why there is an ongoing history of micro USB charging port fails. Moreover, is there a fix for it. Having the same inability to charge by USB on Two different devices in a row defies the statistical odds. [emoji90]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
What I want to know is why there is an ongoing history of micro USB charging port fails. Moreover, is there a fix for it. Having the same inability to charge by USB on Two different devices in a row defies the statistical odds. [emoji90]

It IS very odd, Jim.

I must say that all four of ours are still working perfectly, and I don't recall seeing any widespread reports of this being an issue - which makes it even MORE odd. And you're correct - it defies the odds. :?:

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
It IS very odd, Jim.

I must say that all four of ours are still working perfectly, and I don't recall seeing any widespread reports of this being an issue - which makes it even MORE odd. And you're correct - it defies the odds. :?:

I did send some mail to the mini folks for some guidance. Not heard back yet.

I actually had my finger over the PM button to snake the Xvo from you, but I think I'm going to hold out on another high end mod until I get a definitive word on what Zen will/might be rolling out.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I did send some mail to the mini folks for some guidance. Not heard back yet.

I actually had my finger over the PM button to snake the Xvo from you, but I think I'm going to hold out on another high end mod until I get a definitive word on what Zen will/might be rolling out.

Did you send a note via this page?
Contact Us - Mini ECIG

It might be worth the shot.

And you saw the new tanks, yes? I'm wondering if a mod will follow. I know we're all expecting the same thing, so there's a LOT of curiosity. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread