Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
No offense taken! I'm very grateful :)

I may just still have it in my mind that there is no combustion happening... The most authentic NET I have tried was London Blend by W2V. No lack of flavor there, and my review is true to this day; "If I were to close my eyes, I would not know the difference between this and my briar."

I hope you try to extract some of your own e-juice from the following tobaccos. It is NOT hard. even I can do a cold extraction, LOL! I guarantee a "strong flavor" with the following from Garith Hoggarth and Company:
Dark Birds Eye
Black Twist Sliced
Sweet Maple Twist

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I think a lot of folks find NETs better at lower power. I do most of mine at 15-16 watts on a 1.5 coil (give or take). Really high power and sub-ohming, I think, just burns the long-chain flavor in an NET. I don't have any science to prove that, just my own thinking.

You are not alone! :)

Thanks guys. That's where I was before being blinded by the light. I'm going go back to this and see. Good reminder!

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
My 2pence/cents worth:- have You tried S/S mesh &/or rope in a dripper? I've given up with cotton now due to clogging mainly, but the flavour improved too....I have to mix My NETs up using 30% (pipe 'baccy) & 40-50% (w/leaf) to get the strength too. I think there's a discernible difference between the flavour from artificial vape liquids & our preferred REAL stuff....I now find the pre-mixed arti-baccys eg. Hangsen, to be too strong for Me now!
OK, this has to be just IMHO as taste-buds are all individual....persevere with the NETs tho'!

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I vape NET's on either a Velocity or Origen V2 (Tobeco clones). Been using twisted two wire coils, about 6 wraps on a 3mm coil jig, with kgd cotton. It comes out between .5 to .65 (no idea why it is never the same). Running that between 30-35 watts with a tight draw on the Velocity and no air ring on the Origens. Get pretty good flavor that way. Sometimes I turn it down to the mid 20's range when wanting a little more flavor.

I think the thing to remember is NET's are the flavor of the tobacco itself. They do not imitate the burning qualities of tobacco, just the essence of it. More like when opening a tin or pouch of pipe tobacco and smelling it or the smell of a cigar or the flavor when chewing on a cigar. At least that has always been my take on NET's.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
No offense taken! I'm very grateful :)

I may just still have it in my mind that there is no combustion happening... The most authentic NET I have tried was London Blend by W2V. No lack of flavor there, and my review is true to this day; "If I were to close my eyes, I would not know the difference between this and my briar."

I DIY my NETs, Cigars & Pipe, but prefer Cigars and the Drew Estate line are my favorites, especially Kuba Kuba & Isa del Sol. That being said, I started with Retail NETs; Vaperite, GoodeJuice, NET.com, W2V and many others, the W2V juices were by far the most flavorful & gunky though I find NET.COM is the closest.

When I started DIYing NETs and used a simple doubled paper Coffee filter, filtering 2-3 times depending on the juice, and mixed @20-30%, very flavorful & extremely gunky, using 15% extract, flavor was reduced along with gunking.

I switched to a 3 micron filter, I filtered once with a doubled paper Coffee filter before a low heat reduction of the extract, and once with the 3 micron after reducing it ~75-80%, I was able to mix @20-25% without the excessive gunking using only the 3 micron filter.

Long story short, this is purely speculation/ observation based on my run with W2V & home-extracting, W2V juices are blended at higher percentage, probably ~30%, and their filtering method isn't as fine as other retailers giving us more flavor & more gunk per ml.

BTW, I vape my NETs on a Mech, 0.380-0.450 ohm coils, that's my sweet spot for them.

BTW #2, more speculation, I'd think most NET Vendors blend closer to 18-20% flavor and why they offer the extra shot option, which is probably in the 1-3% area... like I said just speculation and some observations from DIYing.

#3 I do Low heat reduction because I Cold/Window Sill Extract mine using Potato Vodka, the reduction helps dissipate the alcohol & excess water, I then mix with some PG/VG which helps preserve the extract.

Last edited:

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Two of the juices you mentioned are my favorites, Patriot and St. James Parish. Among the MVJ juices that I had Dunhill Night cap seems closer to patriot. Perique single leaf that they have would work same as St. James Parish from RBFS, hopefully. I bought the extract last week and waiting to be steeped.

Thanks, mansis and 67Tele. I'm still looking them over. Hard to decide. :?:

It would be nice to have a replacement for SJP. Choctaw Perique is good. So is Natural Perique from GEJ but they're not up there with SJP, I think.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I DIY my NETs, Cigars & Pipe, but prefer Cigars and the Drew Estate line are my favorites, especially Kuba Kuba & Isa del Sol. That being said, I started with Retail NETs; Vaperite, GoodeJuice, NET.com, W2V and many others, the W2V juices were by far the most flavorful & gunky though I find NET.COM is the closest.

When I started DIYing NETs and used a simple doubled paper Coffee filter, filtering 2-3 times depending on the juice, and mixed @20-30%, very flavorful & extremely gunky, using 15% extract, flavor was reduced along with gunking.

I switched to a 3 micron filter, I filtered once with a doubled paper Coffee filter before a low heat reduction of the extract, and once with the 3 micron after reducing it ~75-80%, I was able to mix @20-25% without the excessive gunking using only the 3 micron filter.

Long story short, this is purely speculation/ observation based on my run with W2V & home-extracting, W2V juices are blended at higher percentage, probably ~30%, and their filtering method isn't as fine as other retailers giving us more flavor & more gunk per ml.

BTW, I vape my NETs on a Mech, 0.380-0.450 ohm coils, that's my sweet spot for them.

BTW #2, more speculation, I'd think most NET Vendors blend closer to 18-20% flavor and why they offer the extra shot option, which is probably in the 1-3% area... like I said just speculation and some observations from DIYing.

#3 I do Low heat reduction because I Cold/Window Sill Extract mine using Potato Vodka, the reduction helps dissipate the alcohol & excess water, I then mix with some PG/VG which helps preserve the extract.

I agree 100% with your great article :thumbs:

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Well here's a thing. Been delving deep into the net.com range.

Amongst them the French triple pack. The gypsy blonde and Poliu both have smoked Latkia in the mix.

In the Kayfun lite the latkia was interesting but too much more for my tastebuds.

So into the snapdragon clone and wow I love it...more vapour but rounded off...those sharp edges gone.

Weird and wonderful. It's a lottery this vaping game!

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
uh, anyone out there?
(waves from sunny south texas where it's short-sleeve weather)
I've got NET.com's Speaking Spirit and Excalibur happening today. Both are surprisingly clean. Had them in yesterday too and didn't need to dry burn or re-coil last night.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
uh, anyone out there?

I've got NET.com's Speaking Spirit and Excalibur happening today.

Another Texan in a t-shirt. About to finish my Caven Fever and next on deck is Petner's Pipe. Can't wait!

Gonna be mostly in the 40's tomorrow, so I may have to add a layer or two for my out of doors work...

Jay :headbang:

Reactions: 67Tele

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
4 month old Davidoff Flake Medallions keeping me company tonight. Nice medium VaPer blend that just hits on all the right points. 20W on a .5ohm coil wicked with Rayon. So pure. So blissful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread