Status
Not open for further replies.

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about my recent purchase after reading all the unfortunate news on the last few pages. I recently bought a Kala Nemmy, and it should arrive tomorrow. I will report back with my findings as well. I would absolutely NOT be okay with a used anything, if purchased new.

erotikpanda

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
U.K.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about my recent purchase after reading all the unfortunate news on the last few pages. I recently bought a Kala Nemmy, and it should arrive tomorrow. I will report back with my findings as well. I would absolutely NOT be okay with a used anything, if purchased new.

I hope the luck is on your side and you receive a perfect item!

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Im having a hard time seeing a difference in the engravings, between mine, yours, and the pictures from others.

Just to be clear, Im not saying anyone is wrong, Im saying I cant tell a difference. can someone point it out to me?

I will say that on mine, which is a Matte, and recently purchased, everything is the same diameter. To the point where when all the tubes are screwed together(like even if I put on both the 490 and 650 tubes, plus the kick ring) and snugged up, the seams basically are invisible. And there was no gunk or anything, anywhere, on mine out of the box. I broke it down fully, and it was pristine, inside and out.

I hope there is some sort of "fluke" situation going on here and its solved properly. Because the other options suck bigtime.

erotikpanda

Moved On
    Nov 3, 2013
    U.K.
    Ok, so I have some progress, although still no response from the vendor I did receive an e-mail from Atmomixani, who are being very helpful.
    In basic terms, a little dirt is ok, in my case there is a little too much dirt, also the thread damage could be due to the mod being dropped or damage during shipping (but could be due to repetitive careless use, I believe). I was offered a new lock ring and a kick ring, which was very kind on the part of Atmomixani, I did not use the offer mainly because I want to get to the bottom of this and know for sure if the mod is original and if it is new. Atmomixani suggested that I should seek a refund or replacement seen as the combination of the issues I have is big.

Again, thanks for everyone's support and input so far, I will keep updating on the situation!

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Im having a hard time seeing a difference in the engravings, between mine, yours, and the pictures from others.

Just to be clear, Im not saying anyone is wrong, Im saying I cant tell a difference. can someone point it out to me?

I will say that on mine, which is a Matte, and recently purchased, everything is the same diameter. To the point where when all the tubes are screwed together(like even if I put on both the 490 and 650 tubes, plus the kick ring) and snugged up, the seams basically are invisible. And there was no gunk or anything, anywhere, on mine out of the box. I broke it down fully, and it was pristine, inside and out.

I hope there is some sort of "fluke" situation going on here and its solved properly. Because the other options suck bigtime.

It's hard to tell but with the angel engraving you have to look at the hood. If you have the ability to compare them side by side you will be able to tell. The easiest way for me to spot it is with the thickness of the engraving lines. My nemesis has very thin engraving lines. They are very high quality engravings. They tube above has very wide engraving lines. That's what stands out to me.

I work for a tool company and we deal with a lot of tool engravings from companies all over the world and when it comes to mass production engravings they tend to get quite sloppy and do not have the ability to make lines clean and thin.

Just my 2 cents. I'm sure there are other ways to distinguish the engraving but those are what I've found!

erotikpanda

Moved On
    Nov 3, 2013
    U.K.
    Update on the matter, after conversing with the vendor and atmomixani, here is some brief summaries:

Vendor is open to resolution of the matter, did state that they do not sell fakes or used items and assured me that mine is original as well.

Atmomixani, assured me that it is an original mod, based on the pictures.

Steps to resolution, the vendor came in contact with atmomixani and came to agreement that I should send the mod for inspection and possible replacement to Atmomixani.

This suits me as the mod will be with the manufacturer and their inspection will show if the mod is indeed original and establish the faults and origins of those. I am sure they will see upon inspection that the variation in size of the rings is abnormal and the damage of the threading is not exactly normal, along with the grime build up.

So far I am alright with the process, at least I wasn't told to get bent and leaves hope for satisfactory resolution.
    I will post back in few days, when the mod is received by atmomixani and goes through inspection.

digitals

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 21, 2013
    Indiana
    Nemesis received today.

First Impressions:
    ymy8yba4.jpg

y9ebyje8.jpg

She was quite dirty out the box; threads n such. To be expected. Not an issue as I wash all my vape mail anyway.

After a bath:
    y2ytumap.jpg

Everything cleaned up nicely compared to what it was. Even the engravings were filthy, but not anymore ;)

Mounted my KFL:
    6y8amamy.jpg

Once I pick up my insulators, this is the atty it was meant for:
    pydujupa.jpg

Kala Nemesis w/ Kayfun 3.1es

Going to spend a few hours with it, and I'll report back regarding performance.

Edit added: the lock ring is in exact diameter as the tube itself. I've yet to install the additional ring to check its diameter, but everything seems legit.

Last edited:

erotikpanda

Moved On
    Nov 3, 2013
    U.K.
    Nemesis received today.

First Impressions:
    ymy8yba4.jpg

y9ebyje8.jpg

She was quite dirty out the box; threads n such. To be expected. Not an issue as I wash all my vape mail anyway.

After a bath:
    y2ytumap.jpg

Everything cleaned up nicely compared to what it was. Even the engravings were filthy, but not anymore ;)

Mounted my KFL:
    6y8amamy.jpg

Once I pick up my insulators, this is the atty it was meant for:
    pydujupa.jpg

Kala Nemesis w/ Kayfun 3.1es

Going to spend a few hours with it, and I'll report back regarding performance.

Edit added: the lock ring is in exact diameter as the tube itself. I've yet to install the additional ring to check its diameter, but everything seems legit.

thanks for the information and the pictures man, glad yours is in order and well, i'm in tears of jealousy, I want to get my mod already and mount the kfl+ on!

TruSound

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    My understanding of the engraving differences between a real Nemesis and a counterfeit one are the depth of the grooves throughout the engraved logo, when I handled a counterfeit one and compared it to mine there was a clear difference in the depth of the engraving, running my finger across the fake one it was almost smooth by comparison, almost like it wasn't engraved at all, more like it had been painted on.

digitals

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 21, 2013
    Indiana
    My understanding of the engraving differences between a real Nemesis and a counterfeit one are the depth of the grooves throughout the engraved logo, when I handled a counterfeit one and compared it to mine there was a clear difference in the depth of the engraving, running my finger across the fake one it was almost smooth by comparison, almost like it wasn't engraved at all, more like it had been painted on.

That seems legit as the one I own grabs my microfiber cloth when I'm wiping it down. Definitely not painted on.

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Your situation is indeed one that I hope is resolved. As a strong Nemesis supporter (customer) I HATE to see discrepencies of any kind in such a great product, and from a GREAT creator (Atmo) who goes the extra mile to ensure the best experience for vapers.

Hopefully your vendor is not trying to pull one over on an unsuspecting customer; these are HIGH END devices, and if bought new, they shouldn't have those signs of wear; the only thing i can think of, is maybe it was from an older batch and just got some deterioration in storage…?

Its bad enough that some private sellers are passing off clones as real, but a vendor should stand behind his products if he wants to be successful and not cut corners.

I hope you pass on the results of your issue with us when it happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread