New Aspire Nautilus 2 tank just released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
My review from a long time MTL nautilus and Kabuki P3 user:

After my P3 broke and could no longer use the P3 kabuki I saw the N2 and had the hope of it being close in flavour department than the N1.

I have been using the N2 for a month, 1.6 coils, power from 10-13W, 70/30 PG/VG eliquid.

I hoped to get a flavour close to the kabuki, but no dice. Coil lasts about 2 weeks just as the N1.

This recipe, when vaped through the Kabuki, has what I would call a chameleon flavour: on inhale you feel the freshness of the mentol, along with mint, cola and lime with sour feeling "wrapping"; on exhale the strawberry flavour / smell kicks in, with some aniseed hints on the aftertaste. This is a very popular recipe among Spain's DIY vapers (1714 Evolved).

I would say Flavour is on par with a regular Nautilus, but IMHO has several cons vs N1:

1.- Worse, cumbersome refill vs N1.

Yes, N1 needs to be dissasembled too, but once you dissasemble the atomizer, then the base, it can be put upside-down (w/o the mouth tip) over a table, refill, screw back the base and be done.

On N2, after the atomizer is removed from the mod, the steel bell is a royal PITA to unscrew; after unscrewing it you need to either screw back the base to the mod, or use some sort of holder, as it won't be stable on a table for refill.

The fact of it having just 2ml makes this operation much more frequent and much more annoying, in fact I went back to N1.

Haven't even tried the 0.7 coil due to this... for me on a 2ml tank which is a PITA to refill, this is simply a no-no, would use a dripper instead.

2.- Airflow

Much more practical, and better "feeling" on the N1.

3.- 510 Leaking

It leaks on the 510 connector straight out from the box if you completely finish the eliquid, as the negative pressure is gone; N1 does the same but only with really old bases.

-----------------------------

Tjgoa: You can use any USB micro-B cable, your phone cable is fine, your mod has internal regulation circuitry, and all USB ports provide 5V no matter the cable used.

Nautilus BVC coils durability depends mainly on two factors: juice (as has been said sweteeners and some aditives will shorten its life) and power used, using the boost feature on your mod (if it has it) helps keeping the flavour and lengthening coil life.

I usually set it at 11W boost for 0.3s / 9.6W on new 1.6 coils, and as the coil wears out, rise those values to help keeping vapour production and taste, coils lasting between 2 and 3 weeks.

I prime and have always primed Nautilus coils with no leaks or gurgling. Close the AFC ring before tightening the cap will help to build negative pressure inside the tank: no leaks.
Don't prime the coil... you don't need to.. Just fill it up and the pressure will force the juice through the coil. Then just wait 5 min.. just to make sure. This will help it not flood the coil. I on occasion have let the juice run down to nothing (was not paying attention) no issues.. no dry hits..or leaks. Yes I can change a coil and refill faster on my Nautilus Mini but the airflow and vape is way better on the Nautilus 2.

Reactions: FichoZG

Vaporlass

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Texas
The Nautilus 2 looks awesome on top of a matching mod like the Zelos (it's not red, it's dark hot pink) but...
It can be tricky to remove the top fill (or it is for me) and I have resorted to plyers as I have on my other Nautilus tanks. Can you really avoid this?
I ended up completely removing the bottom ring that controls air flow, I prefer full air flow on all my Nautilus tanks. I didn't even think it affected the aesthetics so it remains off and seems to make it easier to fill. Which is my "biggest" complaint - I go through 2ml juice quickly! I agree with other review - it's more like 1.8ml. If it was 4ml tank it would be perfect but I think the design may not allow for a size increase. You can't increase height you would have to increase width and that would ruin the aesthetic appeal, I think but I'm not an engineer.
The 0.7 coils are awesome - my first experience with a sub-ohm vape - I didn't jump on that band wagon as quickly as others - I like cooler vapes and am a big MTL fan. I ordered 3 more packs of the coils within days of vaping with the one included with tank. They only give you 1, the other is a 1.8 and I have a stockpile of those.
I've reached the point of a dry hit several times (because the tank is 1/2 the size of my others) but coils kept performing. I love my Nautilus tanks - well except for the X.
If they would make a pretty hot pink (red) shell for my regular Nautilus, I would definitely buy it. I will continue to use the Nautilus 2, I don't regret the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread