New Aspire Nautilus 2 tank just released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Can't tell you how many times I hear that some reviewer knocks a device I have in my hands that works flawlessly and someone who doesn't own one or have 1st hand experience is trying to tell me about the flaws in the device. Sure pointing to a review to gain more insight is valuable at times but nothing like hands on.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Can't tell you how many times I hear that some reviewer knocks a device I have in my hands that works flawlessly and someone who doesn't own one or have 1st hand experience is trying to tell me about the flaws in the device. Sure pointing to a review to gain more insight is valuable at times but nothing like hands on.
Yep. I read opinions, evaluate the design myself, and if still interested I buy and see for myself. Also I've learned to get the best out of my devices by how I operate them, fill them (to saturate coil first or not), continue dragging after I let off button, clean, etc. experience matters.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Yeah when I started using the Nautilus Minis all I heard was the BS about not being able to use High or Max VG which is what I have used since day 1. All the reviews were about the original coils which were not cotton and had smaller holes. But if people want to go by reviews more power to them just don't expect me to.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
i think the biggest news here is the 0.7, which we can use in our triton minis and 1st gen nauts anyway!
From watching the review, the other changes are the fill method and looks... But i NEVER get gurgling in my naut, even after 5 fills, just fill and vape every time.. and this gets a gurgle.. Oh it does have a better AFC, true.
If the kabuki was top fill it would be a real winner.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
If the kabuki was top fill it would be a real winner.
I love bottom fill.. you can change the coil on a full tank if it dies.. no juice wastage..
I really do love it. There are some top fill tanks that allow that like joyetech, but they are gurgle spitback nightmares.. Most other top fill tanks are using the pressfit style which means they need to be empty to change the coil.. Note, i said most.. I know there are some that aren't that way.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
Ok folks, I got my review up here if you care to view it: My video review of the Aspire Zelos 50W Kit - Aspire Reviews Discussions on Aspire Forums
I have read all of the posts here and your concerns are well founded. This is advertised as a MTL tank and I get that it does have a smaller juice capacity as well. For a MTL tank the AFC works great (although I wish it was a tighter movement) and does give a nice variance of tight to loose draw. As far as it being top fill with emptying the tank to have to replace the coil, I see where it would bother some users. I still prefer the Nautilus X tank with the 1.8 coil over this one as it's a smaller tank overall. However, the .7ohm coil vaped great on the Nautilus2 tank, a warmer vape to be sure.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
and with the nautx at least you can use the 4ml adapter. I use that on my X, no leaks or issues, other than the usual dry hits with the 1.2 coil. I find the 1.8 coil on the naut x a decent vape, and good to go out with due to the 4ml with the expander. I'll probably cave and buy a red naut2 though, because the inner vapeslut in me will have to try it, and i do want a red tank for my red mod.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Do you mean with the extender? Aren't the Nauti X (plain) and Nauti mini both 2 ml?

I am talking about the OEM 2ML tank. I primarily use my Nautilus X in the AM with Bakery or Cereal Flavors and it last a few days on a tank full. Nut I can kill 2 MLs in the Mini in a couple of hours.

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I do not see a need for a bigger tank on my Nautilus X because at 14-15 watts a tank lasts way longer than a tank in my Nautilus Minis.
Personally for me for a night out, say a 4 hour outing, 2 ml wouldn't be enough, as that's when i vape heaps, more than at home. I used to have10-15 cigs on a night out, let's look at best case, 10 cigs x 12 puffs equals 120 puffs. I never puff less than 4 seconds MTL to get TH. In fact you've intrigued me now, I just filled my triton mini, have reset the puff counter on the mod, its a 2ml tank, and I will see how many puffs it can get me. Maybe i'm wrong. *blush*

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
[Bumping to get some more people talking]

Just ordered mine in black from MyVaporStore! Got a matching Pico Dual for it too. I know I could have gotten the OG Pico, but I'd rather have battery life for several days, than having to recharge. I'll post back here with my findings and experiences with the filling, flavor, and all-day usability.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
The reviews I watched weren't so glowing. So far as $20 not breaking the bank ... while that's true, I've been vaping for more than seven years and I've bought a whole LOT of inexpensive junk I found to be less than satisfactory. I've become a little less happy about $20 experiments and prefer to see what people who have had their hands on the device had for impressions. Many of them, such as pbusardo, have more experience than I'll ever have. But, they're 'reviews', not the word of gawd almighty. So, although you shouldn't take everything they say as gospel, it's better than blowing $20-30 on every gadget that sounds interesting at first glance.
I'd say someone with 100K+ subscribers has more credibility than some faceless, nameless, who'sit on a forum.
I like YouTube reviews, let's you learn a lot. However having bought a device that got good reviews on a popular channel and it's the worst thing I've ever had (icare aster total) I'm going back to trusting folks I know here on the forum, I put some of theses guys far above most YouTube reviewers.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Where's the Nautilus 2 reviews? :)
I ordered one pretty close to release from FT on preorder and it is showing as shipping g tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I think many of the folks like me that ordered from China are still waiting. By local B&Ms don't have them yet either....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread