Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Another reason I will go with NN is that I can just buy the strength of nic I want and have it all mixed up already no mixing my hands will have enough to do just making DIY juices:)

I may go with VT now if I can get it in a 50/50 mix:laugh: silly woman huh:vapor: To me both NN and VT are good nic bases:p

50/50 is tooooo easy to mix @ home, lol :)

Yes, but for some target ratios and concentrations, getting the base in a blend can be useful. For example, when i started, I wanted to end up 90VG.10PG, so I bought 70VG/30PG and mixed one part of that with two parts VG, and I was able to make 90VG/10PG at 33 mg.ml without buying any PG. Not that it makes a big difference, just one less bottle to draw from and keep track of.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
50/50 is tooooo easy to mix @ home, lol :)
Well duh it is but I want to take that 120ml 100mg 50/50 nic and mix it with 240pg and 240 vg so it is easier to get my 20mg that way:p Also depends on what you have to work on lol I have a tiny bit of countertop this is a tiny place, I plan on mixing it all and then sticking it into smaller amber bottles in my fridge - I hate playing with nic ugh lol:unsure:

Last edited:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I haven't done much comparing lately except for trying VT nic a few months back. I am still working away on my Wizard lab's Ice that is stockpiled in its own freezer. I really need to catch up as eventually that will be gone. Maybe two to three years from now...lmao As far as the VT it was fine but for me different. It took my flavoring longer to develop and I needed a little less.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    For me there is no such thing as tasteless nic - even took the VT down to 6 mg and I still taste the pepper. So I am done testing nics lol:vapor:The good news is it does not matter who I use now if I have to vape a ton to get my nic:)

You've tried Hi-VG/nic rite? I can't hardly handle nic with too much PG. Whole different animal.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 28, 2014
    Springfield,Oregon,USA
    You've tried Hi-VG/nic rite? I can't hardly handle nic with too much PG. Whole different animal.

I am about to some nice person is sending me some 100% vg nic base I think in 16mg strength it will be here on Wednesday:) so I guess I am not done testing nic bases lol:blink:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I wasn't really buying into the hype about VT nic, but after sitting with it now for a few weeks I've got to say that you all (the ones that heralded it) were spot-on! I do still love my peppery hit from MFS' nic, but this stuff is great on its own too and really wonderful to mix with. It's definitely different from what I was used to, but man is it good!!!

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    I haven't done much comparing lately except for trying VT nic a few months back. I am still working away on my Wizard lab's Ice that is stockpiled in its own freezer. I really need to catch up as eventually that will be gone. Maybe two to three years from now...lmao As far as the VT it was fine but for me different. It took my flavoring longer to develop and I needed a little less.
    I pulled out my liter of Ice from the freezer last night. I got home from work and immediately mixed some banana juice with the Ice. Jesus Christ ! We need to get John to carry the Ice again. This is identical to VT's first batch ! The flavor just pops with the Ice.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    I wasn't really buying into the hype about VT nic, but after sitting with it now for a few weeks I've got to say that you all (the ones that heralded it) were spot-on! I do still love my peppery hit from MFS' nic, but this stuff is great on its own too and really wonderful to mix with. It's definitely different from what I was used to, but man is it good!!!
    Try VTs Throat Hit nic!! Half the price and the hits there!! Its not harsh and "peppery" like when nic goes bad but you'll definitely feel it.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I pulled out my liter of Ice from the freezer last night. I got home from work and immediately mixed some banana juice with the Ice. Jesus Christ ! We need to get John to carry the Ice again. This is identical to VT's first batch ! The flavor just pops with the Ice.

That term "ice" makes me think of menthol. Is it actually a different nic? I imagine so, just wondering why it was changed out.

Try VTs Throat Hit nic!! Half the price and the hits there!! Its not harsh and "peppery" like when nic goes bad but you'll definitely feel it.

I should get some of that too, considering the price. Will that always be available or is it like a limited thing?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    That term "ice" makes me think of menthol. Is it actually a different nic? I imagine so, just wondering why it was changed out.

I should get some of that too, considering the price. Will that always be available or is it like a limited thing?
    Ice nic is a finishing distillation after extraction. Same goes with VT's , but the quality is inconsistent. The first batch from VT was like the Ice I'm vaping now. Very smooth with no pepper. All I taste is the flavoring with nic satisfaction. It's definitely more expensive than the regular extraction. Man, I don't mind paying more for it. It's worth it :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Ice nic is a finishing distillation after extraction. Same goes with VT's , but the quality is inconsistent. The first batch from VT was like the Ice I'm vaping now. Very smooth with no pepper. All I taste is the flavoring with nic satisfaction. It's definitely more expensive than the regular extraction. Man, I don't mind paying more for it. It's worth it :)

VT nic is inconsistent? Aw, man, don't tell me that!

billherbst

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Columbia, Missouri
    www.billherbst.com
    I should get some of that too [VT Throat Hit nic], considering the price. Will that always be available or is it like a limited thing?

MrM,

As you may know, I like many different nics and have a huge stash. VaperTek nics---in both varieties---are my current favorites. I use regular VT for mixing non-tobacco (i.e., fruit and dessert) juices and the VT Throat Hit (or "Dirty") nic for mixing my homemade NETs. My other nics (MFS, RTS, Heartland) are mostly stored in the freezer or used to mix my homemade tobacco extracts into juices I send to others.

Regular VT nic is completely neutral and ultra-smooth, with a nice nicotine presence but relatively little throat hit. VT Throat Hit nic is "rougher"---still very neutral in flavor, but with more of that grab-you-feel many vapers love. Compared to something like MFS nic, VT Dirty nic has maybe 20% less throat hit/pepperiness, but it makes up for that with its clean, neutral flavor (or, more accurately, lack of flavor).

Kevin, the owner of VT, told me that his Dirty nic started out as a regular batch gone slightly wrong, so he was selling it off at a steeply reduced price (originally $35/liter) to keep from wasting it. I gather that many people---me included---have told Kevin how much they like that nic, so he renamed it "Throat Hit" nic, raised the price, and is considering keeping it in stock. I'd say get it now---better safe than sorry. It's great stuff.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    From what I remember, its treated with oxygen so it gets slightly oxidized which is where the throat hit comes from. I'm curious to try the regular stuff now! The throat stuff is working for me since I'm drastically dropping my nic with my dyi stuff (can't vape 18-24mg nic in my new Kayfun its too gnarly) and every time I've tried 10-12mg nic the TH just wasn't there. It is now!! :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    MrM,

As you may know, I like many different nics and have a huge stash. VaperTek nics---in both varieties---are my current favorites. I use regular VT for mixing non-tobacco (i.e., fruit and dessert) juices and the VT Throat Hit (or "Dirty") nic for mixing my homemade NETs. My other nics (MFS, RTS, Heartland) are mostly stored in the freezer or used to mix my homemade tobacco extracts into juices I send to others.

Regular VT nic is completely neutral and ultra-smooth, with a nice nicotine presence but relatively little throat hit. VT Throat Hit nic is "rougher"---still very neutral in flavor, but with more of that grab-you-feel many vapers love. Compared to something like MFS nic, VT Dirty nic has maybe 20% less throat hit/pepperiness, but it makes up for that with its clean, neutral flavor (or, more accurately, lack of flavor).

Kevin, the owner of VT, told me that his Dirty nic started out as a regular batch gone slightly wrong, so he was selling it off at a steeply reduced price (originally $35/liter) to keep from wasting it. I gather that many people---me included---have told Kevin how much they like that nic, so he renamed it "Throat Hit" nic, raised the price, and is considering keeping it in stock. I'd say get it now---better safe than sorry. It's great stuff.

Thanks. I love the regular nic from VT (though I haven't had a lot of it). I use it just like how you described, but having a nic more like MFS but better would likely be my go-to for vaping unflavored -- and I've been vaping a lot of unflavored lately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread