Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
It was only less than 30ml, but if you love the cleanliness of VT nic and the lack of peppery taste, DO NOT leave your bottle out over the summer, even if you use your a/c.

The small bottle that I use for mixing has been sitting in a box at room temperature (between 70-77) for a couple of months. The last couple of times I've mixed, I was able to taste growing levels of black pepper.

This is NOT the fault of VT nic. It would happen with any nic.

Thankfully I have a few hundred ml left in my freezer, and I'm about to purchase some more. This bottle was just what was left over after filling several Boston Rounds to the brim with clean nic. I'll be placing my mixing bottle in the fridge from now on.

I'll probably be buying more clean VT nic soon, but I don't think I can miss out on their TH nic for the price K3vin is selling it for, even if there is a little bit of a pepper taste. I think I'm going to drop my level to 1mg strength soon, anyway.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello y'all. I've been quietly following this thread for quite some time. Now I have questions. :)

I think the time has come to put some 10% nic base in my freezer, so it's time to try some new suppliers. I have tried Extreme vaping and Decadent Vapours in the past (years ago) and I liked them. Since I'm mostly interested in clean (not peppery) nic, based on your reviews, I want to try Nude Nicotine and VT before I start stockpiling.

My questions:

1. For long-term storage, is it better to order 100% VG, 100% PG or a blend? Does it matter? Which is the easiest to store and lasts the longest, if any?

2. Is there a difference in taste and quality between different vendors' PG and VG bases (without nic)? Or are they all similar (identical)?

3. I have a bunch of empty dark (amber and cobalt) glass bottles on hand, but I have no idea what the lining in the caps is made of. Can I sterilize and use those, or should I buy new recommended bottles?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
3. I have a bunch of empty dark (amber and cobalt) glass bottles on hand, but I have no idea what the lining in the caps is made of. Can I sterilize and use those, or should I buy new recommended bottles?

I think the light goes out in my freezer when the door is closed, so I never bothered with dark bottles. : )

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Hello y'all. I've been quietly following this thread for quite some time. Now I have questions. :)

I think the time has come to put some 10% nic base in my freezer, so it's time to try some new suppliers. I have tried Extreme Vaping and Decadent Vapours in the past (years ago) and I liked them. Since I'm mostly interested in clean (not peppery) nic, based on your reviews, I want to try Nude Nicotine and VT before I start stockpiling.

My questions:

1. For long-term storage, is it better to order 100% VG, 100% PG or a blend? Does it matter? Which is the easiest to store and lasts the longest, if any?

2. Is there a difference in taste and quality between different vendors' PG and VG bases (without nic)? Or are they all similar (identical)?

Thank you very much in advance.

What do your caps look like - just metal, plastic linning, etc? There's several places to buy just caps.

I think views on storing nic in PG or VG are mixed (i.e. prob not much of a difference). To make life easy I ordered mine already mixed at vaping strength. All I need to do is add flavor. I'd have to pay for PG/VG to be shipped anyway so I don't think my laziness is that much more expensive.

NN sells his armour nic that's already packaged for long term storage.

From what I've read, rebottling is important to work with smaller amounts and when storing for years. I think nic is fine frozen in the plastic bottle for awhile.

The light does go out when the door is shut. :laugh:
(there's a knob that turns it off when pressed by the door)

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
These are the caps use for my 8oz bottles. Find the size you need and search using this - continuous-thread-lined-black-phenolic-closure

http://packagingoptionsdirect.com/28-400-continuous-thread-lined-black-phenolic-closure

Those are the poly lined caps that'll last

Mine come with cones:

20400mm_CT_Black_Ribbed_PolyCone_Lined_Phenolic_Cap.jpg

Is that the same phenolic closure? I think it is...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What do your caps look like - just metal, plastic linning, etc? There's several places to buy just caps.

See above. A few come with just plain plastic screw-on caps--no lining, no cone.

I think views on storing nic in PG or VG are mixed (i.e. prob not much of a difference). To make life easy I ordered mine already mixed at vaping strength. All I need to do is add flavor. I'd have to pay for PG/VG to be shipped anyway so I don't think my laziness is that much more expensive.

I don't DIY--I'm just planning for the vapocalypse. And since I only have my regular kitchen freezer, I'm trying to save space (and money). But mostly space. I want to freeze a higher concentration than I normally vape, 5.4%. PG and VG can be purchased later, and they don't need to be frozen. At least that's my reasoning. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

NN sells his armour nic that's already packaged for long term storage.

I know--very nice of them.

From what I've read, rebottling is important to work with smaller amounts and when storing for years. I think nic is fine frozen in the plastic bottle for awhile.

NN website says up to 6 months in plastic--glass for long-term.

The light does go out when the door is shut. :laugh:
(there's a knob that turns it off when pressed by the door)

;) Hmmm.............

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Yup those caps are fine.

Well see about NN's estimate. I'm about to open some I've had stored for a year and rebottle it. I think his estimate applies more towards people working out of a plastic bottle and what type of plastic. Both NN and VT use good bottles.

There were a couple of experiments on ECF where nic stored for 4 years (and counting) showed less signs of oxidation in VG. There wasn't enough difference "to reccomend" it - so it's personal choice. Since I'm not mixing in your shoes, I'd be tempted to get it 50/50 if that option was offered. It might make it easier to figure out later.

You can also pick up argon gas from a wine store to top off your nic with. Less O2 the better.

Have fun stockpilling.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yup those caps are fine.

Well see about NN's estimate. I'm about to open some I've had stored for a year and rebottle it. I think his estimate applies more towards people working out of a plastic bottle and what type of plastic. Both NN and VT use good bottles.

There were a couple of experiments on ECF where nic stored for 4 years (and counting) showed less signs of oxidation in VG. There wasn't enough difference "to reccomend" it - so it's personal choice. Since I'm not mixing in your shoes, I'd be tempted to get it 50/50 if that option was offered. It might make it easier to figure out later.

You can also pick up argon gas from a wine store to top off your nic with. Less O2 the better.

Have fun stockpilling.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with Kurt's experiments. But Kurt is biased, :) because he's a VG vaper--I can't vape VG in high concentrations if my life depended on it. 50/50 is the best I can do--I prefer 60/40 or 70/30 PG/VG. That's my sweet spot.

Argon, eh? Now that's sophisticated. Years ago, I used to blow (CO2) into my unfinished wine bottles before recorking them to make the wine last longer. It worked! Now I own a gizmo that sucks the air out of the bottle. Never tried the argon, though. My unfinished wine bottles don't last that long. :D

I'm not stockpiling yet. Just sampling various nics and getting ready--when the FDA strikes.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The CO2 works. It's whatever wine shops sell.

Sounds like PG it is if those are your percentages.

Did ya' check out the hinge of your feezer door yet? My current freezer fooled me and put the trip for the light on the top of the door this time. Yea, I had to check it out for some reason.

Last edited:

Orph

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
I bought some 100mg 250ml from hiliq, just to check it out, its a cheap option for people not living in USA, around $20 but with around $16 DHL fast shipping (still cheap if you live in Oz). I asked them online where they get their nic from and she basically said its in-house. Will have a look at it this weekend when I decant it into glass. Ordered Sunday arrived Wednesday, with some sort of wax or hot glue looking kind of stuff around the lid to ensure no leakage I guess.

Ian44, did it taste really peppery? I got an order of the same stuff from them a while back and it was really harsh. I had it mixed at 18mg and had to throw it out it was that bad. At lower levels it's tolerable, but anything over about 6mg and it tastes like pine o clean or dettol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread