• Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier/Associate discussing business in un-authorized area

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I'm very glad to hear this. I almost missed out on the nic sale because I couldn't find any new info on what was happening with your nic. I did end up clicking the buy button before you posted, but this makes me feel better. Your 2009 nic lasted me 4 yrs in my fridge, I can only imagine that your 2014 nic will last til I need it, in my freezer. :) :vapor:

Last edited by a moderator:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
From reading this thread here are my top 5

1.Vaperstek
2.Nude Nicotine
3. Heartland
4.Wizardlabs
5.RTS
To krwblink and Cyrus Vap

Of all the nic bases listed which would you say is the least peppery?

I like a smooth taste and make my liquids at very low nic ratios 3mg, so I need it to have the most neutral taste. Plus Im not into TH.

Also, if I may ask, can someone tell me the names of the many abbreviations listed for nic suppliers? I have figured out a couple ( WZ=wizard labs, and I know RTS ) but after that Im lost, sorry.....

Last edited:

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
So, is MFS sale the cheapest price for nic right now? I see that a gal of 100mg/ml is $250 at Heartland Vapes. At $50 per liter of 100mg/ml at MFS, that comes to $189.50 per gal.

That's the best I've seen. So good that I bought a liter that I may not get to before I die. I've finally got something to write a will for. :D

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Does this mean that the nic on sale right now is not Alchem?

I can't see any other way to interpret that sentence. MFS tried the NicSelect/Alchem liquid nicotine because it was made in a lab that had sterling credentials, but the batches received were inconsistent in color, taste, and smell, so MFS discontinued sourcing from Alchem and went back to their original (unnamed) supplier. That should mean that the liquid nic being sold by MFS now (and on sale) is the high-quality product discussed and generally praised through most of the first two-thirds of this thread, before the Alchem fiasco.

In other news, I got my 240ml bottle of Vaperstek liquid nic in the mail. Very well packaged, in the fridge now. I haven't yet examined or sampled it. Subsequently, I got two phone calls on my cell phone that I didn't answer (I never pick up calls that are from unknown numbers). While it wasn't the contact number for Vaperstek, it was another number from Grove, Oklahoma (I checked), which is where Vaperstek is located. So, my presumption is that someone from Vaperstek, probably the owner, was calling to follow up on delivery of the order.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Wanted to chime in real quick as there seems to be a bit of confusion surrounding this issue.

We were using Alchem for several months at the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014, but due to inconsistency in the color, smell, and taste of the product that we received from them we have switched back to our previous supplier with whom we have been dealing with since 2009. We found that the NicSelect always tested well (pure) in lab tests, but in terms of look, smell, and taste it did not live up to our standards as one batch would be clear with almost no discernible odor and the next would be very colorful with a strong kerosene-esque odor. The only reason we gave Alchem's NicSelect a try was because of the FDA inspected facility in which it was produced, but in the end that small benefit was outweighed by the negatives we experienced. It is a great product, but it just wasn't for us.

However, we do still test every batch that we receive and out of all the companies we have dealt with over the years in terms of supplying nicotine (we have tested from many sources both good and bad) our current supplier has always been extremely consistent with product quality and purity. I don't want to post much in this forum so as to not be perceived as promoting our company or products, but just wanted to clear up any confusion. If you have any further questions please feel free to email me directly at dustint@myfreedomsmokes.com

This is excellent news!!!!! Peppery nic available again!!! I'm so excited that even though I boycotted them for denying the problems they had and dissing our stance that it's rubbery they have gone back to the good stuff that I always wanted to try except when I first went to try it they switched to alchem and I got stuck with rubber crap

I may have to go ahead and order from the now to try the nic I always wanted to try. Hoping to hear confirmation that it is on fact the good old stuff.

Last edited:

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
Hoping to hear confirmation that it is on fact the good old stuff.

As am I.
I wrote to them Wednesday and asked if current nic sale is to clear out their old stock of Alchem nic or if it is from a different supplier.
I am still waiting for a response from them before I order.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

billherbst

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Columbia, Missouri
    www.billherbst.com
    on Friday, I received the 240ml bottle of Vaperstek 100mg/ml Liquid Nicotine I'd ordered the previous Sunday. Kevin, the owner of Vaperstek, phoned me at home three times to follow up, leaving a voicemail on the third call. I don’t know whether to call that great customer service or slightly over-the-top, but it definitely indicates a person very involved with his business and concerned about customer satisfaction.

I did some anecdotal and altogether subjective comparisons between Vaperstek nic and the HeartlandVapes nic I’ve been using. Please note that the Vaperstek nic is brand new and freshly mixed, while the Heartland nic is 11 months old and has been stored in the refrigerator.

First, I compared the color and smell of the two nics. Vaperstek is almost colorless, with just the slightest rose hue, nearly imperceptible but present. By contrast, my Heartland nic, while equally transparent, has a pale but definite yellow tint with a slight lean toward greenish-yellow. Both have a mild, pleasant smell to my nose. Nothing acrid or offensive about either. In other words, each has a subtle scent, but neither has an "odor." At least not to me.

Next, I mixed up two 3ml test bottles of juice using unflavored VG at 15mg nic strength, one for each nic, obviously. Here’s a jpg of the two 3ml bottles next to a 30ml bottle of pure VG:

Nics in VG.jpg

After mixing, I couldn’t perceive any color in the Vaperstek test bottle, which appeared transparent and colorless, while the Heartland bottle, although equally transparent, had a very slight coloration from the nic. The difference is clearly visible in the picture. Interestingly, the slight yellow tint of the Heartland nic changed when mixed with pure VG, moving toward the red end of scale, becoming subtly rosy. The Vaperstek VG test bottle had a very faint smell that I would call “nutty.” The Heartland VG test bottle had a smell that was not quite as faint, and slightly sour. While not off-putting, it was noticeable.

I vaped both unflavored VG mixes side-by-side by dripping into two separate but identical standard 2.2 ohm Joyetech 510 atomizers powered by Vision Spinner eGo batteries set to 4.0 volts. Both atomizers were cleaned and dry-burned prior to taste testing.

The unflavored VG with Vaperstek nic produced a very smooth vaping experience. I could tell that nicotine was present, but it didn’t stand out or call attention to itself. The understated sweetness inherent to VG was the only “flavor.” Throat hit was extremely mild. I wouldn’t describe the throat hit (or lack of it) as “subdued.” Instead, “calm” seems a more accurate description.

By contrast, the unflavored VG with Heartland nic was sufficiently different to be easily noticeable. The sweetness of the VG was still present, but the Heartland nic added a distinct note of its own, accompanied by a substantial throat hit. The extra “flavor,” if I can call it that, wasn’t obtrusive or unpleasant, but it was a definite “coloration” of taste that obviously wasn’t from the VG alone.

Vapor production was ample with both nics, as one would expect from pure VG.

I won’t declare a “winner,” since this is a descriptive report rather than a beauty contest. I can certainly see why some people are excited about this new Vaperstek nic. If you like “transparency” (in all its meanings), Vaperstek nic should please you. If you like throat hit and stronger impact, the Heartland nic is a better choice, assuming you don’t mind slight yellowing in color (presumably from oxidization) or the subtle addition of its own flavor. Sensitivity to either of those flaws would give the nod to Vaperstek, if the relatively low throat hit weren't a concern.

To me, HeartlandVapes Liquid Nicotine compares favorably to all the other liquid nics I’ve used previously over my nearly four years of vaping---XtremeVaping (probably the "cleanest" I'd had before Vaperstek, but very expensive), VoidMist (now defunct), GoodProphets, and WizardLabs. For the cost-conscious, Heartland is hard to beat for its ultra-low price (one liter of 100mg/ml nic is $65 with free shipping, using coupon code “25off100,” which is ongoing and not a temporary sale).

Judging solely from my own historical and subjective experience, Vaperstek Liquid Nic is in a league of its own, quite unlike any nic I’ve ever had before. It’s so “clean” and "transparent" that it’s almost not there, which is something that some people are likely to prize highly, while others may shake their heads about and wonder where their throat hit went. Pricing, while not while not at the extreme low end of the retail nic market, seems eminently reasonable to me.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Nicselect product info on a vendors page-

Home > Unflavored Liquid Nicotine > Page 1 of 1
    Unflavored Liquid Nicotine
    ******* offers NicSelect, a Vaping-Grade Nicotine produced by Alchem International. NicSelect™ is simply the best and purest liquid nicotine available. Derived naturally from tobacco plants in an FDA-inspected facility , it’s the freshest and best liquid nicotine used in e-cigarette e-liquids. The best e-liquid manufacturers use only top-quality ingredients, including pure nicotine liquid that’s USP grade or better. Over 90% of e-cigarette users say that the quality of the nicotine they’re vaping is important to them. But only 7% knew that the impurities in nicotine can cause cancer. When you choose NicSelect™, rest assured you’re using the freshest, purest nicotine extracted from tobacco plants. NicSelect USP nicotine doesn’t just meet – it exceeds U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) standards. Check it out at Nicselect . com

Last edited:

MFToms59

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nevada
    My MFS Nicotine arrived today, well packed in popcorn, The Nicotine bottle is a frosted plastic, similar in transparency to a rubbing alcohol bottle. The bottle cap was electrical taped, in addition to the glued foil tamper-resistant seal underneath.

The MFS was bottled on 08/01/14, according to the label, and is 100mg/ml @50/50 mix. The Heartland Nicotine I have, was purchased 11 months ago, 09/13/13, and is 100mg/ml @50/50, in a white plastic bottle, kept refrigerated since it arrived.

MFS had a slight tint in room lighting, but was transparent in daylight, Heartland looked light Orange/Amber in the bottle, likely due to room lighting, in the syringe and mixed unflavored juice, both were clear.

MFS had no odor of any kind when opened, putting my nose millimeters from the top, still no odor or aroma, Heartland aroma was very faint and not unpleasant in any way. Both juices were mixed with 50/50 unflavored PG/VG @20mg Nic., and steeped for 60 minutes.

Hardware: Zmax @10watts, YK-1/ Cyclone clone, stock air hole hitting the lower 1/2 of the coil, with a 1.3 ohm micro coil, inner diameter 1.5mm, wicked with Japanese cotton, Drip-Tip was ~9.5mm at the opening. The YK-1 has a small chamber and I get great flavor from my vapes with this set-up.

MFS; initial 2 vapes were clean, maybe a light pepper, noticed mainly at the back of the throat, no other flavor notes. TH was very good slightly heavier than medium impact (totally subjective descriptor), thought about lowering the wattage, but carried on.

Once I adjusted to the TH impact, I chain-vaped for ~90 seconds, the Flavor or non-flavor was consistent, the pepper I described was really the nicotine & TH I felt, more than a flavor. In a nut-shell, no rubber odor or foul taste, visually, aromatically and taste-wise very clean, and I thoroughly enjoyed my first flavor-less vape... and nic buzz :)

Atomizer cleaned with wick change, Heartland; initial 2 vapes, not as flavor-less as MFS, a slight flavor in the background. TH is a little stronger than MFS, possibly due to that background flavor, which I find pleasing. ~60 seconds of chain-vaping, the background note is definitely in the tobacco vein.

I think this flavor note has always been present, even fresh, since my co-worker noticed the difference in her flavored juice. Bottom line, I enjoy this nicotine in my juices, and hadn't picked up the nic flavor in my mixed juices. If you vape unflavored, but like a bit extra, this would satisfy as would the MFS nicotine.

Keep in mind this Heartland Nic. is 11 months old, and different from the recent experiences others have had a couple months ago. We all have different tolerances and sensitivities to the same product, keep this in mind when deciding to purchase any vaping product.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
      IMG_0104.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 62
    • IMG_0105.jpg
      IMG_0105.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 48
    • IMG_0102.jpg
      IMG_0102.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 45
    • IMG_0103.jpg
      IMG_0103.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 47
    Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    I've not tried Heartland, but I got some 100 mg VG-nic from Vaperstek late last week and have been trying it unflavored and flavored. It was a very faint rose color, but this effect has been discussed for a long time, and I am not aware of any problems with this. Not seen the CAO of VT yet, but

To my taste buds and nose, it is a blank slate. No taste whatsoever that I can detect, and only the slightest scent with nose right up to the bottle mouth. I can dial down flavor %s even lower than I had before with WL, and they still shine through clearly. VT is a white canvas. Very similar to WL Ice or Ultra-pure, or Alchem before they changed. I think whoever makes this nic must do a finishing distillation after extraction, as I don't see how one could get this clean with just extraction. Regardless of how, the product is as free of taste and odor as I have experienced.

It does have a low to medium pepper on a nasal exhale. Nothing strong, but certainly present. In this way it is a bit feistier than WL Ice or Ultra-pure or original Alchem. I find it interesting to have a pepper effect at all when there is no taste. The King of Pepper for me is vintage MFS, ca 2010, but I am assuming few have any of that anymore. But that nic also had a very strong taste, and not pleasant to me. VT has no taste, and about 20-30% of the old MFS pepper level, at least to me. YMMV.

If VT is a white canvas in terms of taste, WL regular is a sepia. WL regular is not a strong tasting nic, compared to some of the more rowdy ones, but its flavor is quite pronounced side by side with VT. I happen to really like the taste of WL...hay and caramel to me, and sweet. I also like the rowdy ones, like RTS has been, and BE. I prefer these when vaping unflavored, to be honest. But for flavored juices, I really like VT, since I can use even less flavor, and nothing gets in its way. Considering my recent excursions into risky flavor compounds found in e-liquids, I think any nic that allows less flavor to be used is a very good thing, on several levels.

I also got some 100 mg PG-nic, but I've not tried that yet, as this is exclusively for those I make juice for that can tolerate PG.

I think this is superb nic, and the price is very good.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Nicselect product info on a vendors page-

Home > Unflavored Liquid Nicotine > Page 1 of 1
    Unflavored Liquid Nicotine
    ******* offers NicSelect, a Vaping-Grade Nicotine produced by Alchem International. NicSelect™ is simply the best and purest liquid nicotine available. Derived naturally from tobacco plants in an FDA-inspected facility , it’s the freshest and best liquid nicotine used in e-cigarette e-liquids. The best e-liquid manufacturers use only top-quality ingredients, including pure nicotine liquid that’s USP grade or better. Over 90% of e-cigarette users say that the quality of the nicotine they’re vaping is important to them. But only 7% knew that the impurities in nicotine can cause cancer. When you choose NicSelect™, rest assured you’re using the freshest, purest nicotine extracted from tobacco plants. NicSelect USP nicotine doesn’t just meet – it exceeds U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) standards. Check it out at Nicselect . com

There is some truth to this cancer statement. Some of the alkaloids that come along in any extraction are mutagenic, like nornicotine. But it is unlikely at these trace levels you could claim "cause cancer". The final finishing distillation over inert gas, which Alchem and at least one other uses (probably), gets rid of the majority of those alkaloids. Trace oxides too.

cjb313

ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2010
    Las Vegas
    After reading this entire thread I'm more confused then ever LoL !!
    I do feel that as long as you stick with WL, RTS, VT or Other formidable Nic you should be ok..
    So my main question has to do with the base I choose.. I want to freeze this without having taste issues or tanning (I understand some things are inevitable over time)..
    So is it better to get 100% VG or PG base for storage and use ??
    I've heard arguments for both (with one person saying PG is a preservative and it will last far longer ??) and so I'd really appreciate some advice.. I mix my juices to 50/50 in the end and also like light flavors and color..
    Thanks in advance...

MFToms59

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nevada
    Update; I've been using the unflavored Heartland nic juice I mixed 9 days ago, with some Menthol XL added, and I haven't had the pepper feel or taste, maybe due to the Menthol? Anyway, I'm still enjoying it and find it's even better when your Flavored juice just doesn't taste right when suffering from "Vapors Tongue".

Reactions: 52anddone
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread