Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

krewblink

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
California
Also A little Update On Heartland Vapes nicotine

I recently bought 1 liter of 100mg 50/50 Nicotine bought on 8/14/14 received 8/21/14 .. anyways It was giving a Harsh Taste. I figured Id open the liter and pour it all into a beaker...To my surprise it was a really brown in color.... There was nothing "clear" about it. I just emailed them and have yet to hear back its been 2 days now...I will no longer do business with a company that sells "old" nicotine! I knew there was something funny about that price

Mirags

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
Linwood NJ
I order 100 vg of vapetek nicotine... The VG seems a little "watery" almost fluid like PG. Its not thick at all... Can anyone Confirm?

I noticed the same thing. But what's really confusing is that when I ordered the same nic from bull city it was thick like it should be.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Also A little Update On Heartland Vapes nicotine

I recently bought 1 liter of 100mg 50/50 Nicotine bought on 8/14/14 received 8/21/14 .. anyways It was giving a Harsh Taste. I figured Id open the liter and pour it all into a beaker...To my surprise it was a really brown in color.... There was nothing "clear" about it. I just emailed them and have yet to hear back its been 2 days now...I will no longer do business with a company that sells "old" nicotine! I knew there was something funny about that price

I bought 3 liters of 100mg in PG. It has a VERY light amber tint. Mines just fine with no bad taste. :2c:

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I order 100 vg of vapetek nicotine... The VG seems a little "watery" almost fluid like PG. Its not thick at all... Can anyone Confirm?

I believe I remember the vendor commenting at another forum that they add 10% distilled water for blending purposes with the nic.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
VT has started putting distilled water in the VG so it is easier to use. If you don't want it that way, let them know when you order it. It's not PG.

The owner of VT can be found on this forum and usually responds quickly to questions, so there is little need for speculation, just ask k3vin by PM.
Sent by big fingers on a tiny phone via Tapatalk

EbenezerScrews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2008
NW New Jersey
I have been DIY for a looong time now. Been vaping unflavored for even longer, back when 36mg first became available as Extra Extra Strong, haha.

I do not have experience with most of the vendors discussed in this thread. Once the concentrations hit 54mg, then 72mg, I started using Totally Wicked's nic base. More recently I have been using Xtreme vaping.

Since I returned to the forums this April I have tried the nicotine from VT & HV.

VT seems on par with the nictoine bases I am accustomed to. "Clear", odorless & "flavorless". As others have noted, there is slightly less throat hit to me. The price is faaar less than TW or XV.

HV's nicotine is...unvapable, for me. I don't make such harsh statements lightly. I have tried to get along with it, I really have. I simply cannot use it anymore. There is a distinct petroleum type of taste/smell to it. I did not notice the smell when I transferred the liter from the original bottle to glass bottles, but the nic had been in the fridge for a few days at the time. Once brought to room temperature, the smell comes through. If I had noticed this smell earlier, I never would have wasted my time transferring, vacuum sealin & stocking my freezer, haha.

Reading through this thread back in April, I'll be Honest, I thought people were exaggerating when they said they were gonna pour a whole liter of nic base down the drain...I get it now.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
It's strange that opinions on Heartland vary so much. I bought a liter in June, I've been using it since then and am completely happy with it. I vape it unflavored sometimes and mixed with a little menthol most of the time. My working bottle of 10mg base has been at room temperature since then and shows, at most, very, very slight tanning.
I've noticed no off taste whatsoever.

EbenezerScrews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2008
NW New Jersey
It's strange that opinions on Heartland vary so much. I bought a liter in June, I've been using it since then and am completely happy with it. I vape it unflavored sometimes and mixed with a little menthol most of the time. My working bottle of 10mg base has been at room temperature since then and shows, at most, very, very slight tanning.
I've noticed no off taste whatsoever.

Maybe I received a bad batch or something, or too much time was spent in a hot trailer during transit. I do not know. My liter did arrived with a noticeable tan color.

I am glad you enjoy yours :)

I totally agree, it's strange how opinions and experiences can vary so widely on HV's nic. I know i am not the only person who has had a negative experience, and you are not alone with enjoying it, haha.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
just had a relative bring these 2 liters of 100mg VapersTek into Canada along with a gallon each of PG & VG from Essential Depot (neither company ships to Canada).

I already transferred it to 500ml Boston Round glass bottles ... I can't wait to mix up my ADVs with this stuff.

I'll post back in a few days my thoughts on this nic.

VapersTek.jpg

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
HV's nicotine is...unvapable, for me. I don't make such harsh statements lightly. I have tried to get along with it, I really have. I simply cannot use it anymore. There is a distinct petroleum type of taste/smell to it. I did not notice the smell when I transferred the liter from the original bottle to glass bottles, but the nic had been in the fridge for a few days at the time. Once brought to room temperature, the smell comes through.

All the regular and occasional posters to this thread seem to me truthful and sincere, so I have reason to doubt what EbenezerScrews wrote, except to say, what a drag!

Below is a pic of my Heartland and Vaperstek 100mg/ml nics in the 30ml bottles that I keep in my DIY drawer. They've been a room temperature for about three weeks. Next to those are 30ml bottles of pure PG and VG. To the far right are two 3ml bottles of unflavored VG mixed to 12mg with Heartland and Vaperstek nics.

Nic Color.jpg

I brightened the jpg a bit but didn't alter the color intensity or balance. As you can see, the bottles of PG and VG are clear and colorless, like water. The partially-filled 30ml bottle of Vaperstek has ever-so-slightly yellow or gold hue. The bottle of Heartland has a more obvious yellow/gold tint, but it's not pronounced and nowhere near "brown" or even tan. The 3ml bottles of mixed juice show those same colors respectively, although very diluted, since each has only 7 drops of liquid nic.

None of the six bottles has a scent that I can detect. No chemical or petroleum smell at all. When I atty-drip from the 3ml sample juice bottles, both taste exactly like what they are---unflavored VG with 12mg nic---which is to say, very subtly sweet (the VG) with a bite (the nic). I can't discern any "flavor" with the Vaperstek sample. It's clean and pure tasting. The Heartland sample is similar, except that I taste the very faint presence of what, for lack of a more precise term, I'll call "tobacco." Since I'm a natural tobacco vaper (and home tobacco extractor), that flavor is pleasing to me. It's nothing like vaping an NET juice, however, in that I wouldn't even notice it if I weren't paying close attention. On the other hand, the Heartland juice sample is noticeably less sweet than the Vaperstek juice, so some masking of the VG sweetness seems to be occurring.

The Heartland nic in the picture came from a one-liter jug that is now almost exactly a year old and has been in my refrigerator since I got it. I also have another full liter bottle of Heartland in the freezer that was purchased roughly six months ago. I smelled it when it arrived in March, and it was odorless.

My Heartland nic is obviously not what EbenezerScrews and others got and have complained about. Why this is I have no idea. I don't know if this thread has enough exposure or clout to affect Heartland's nic sales, but I'd assume that Ty, the owner of Heartland, cannot be happy about the bad press.

Last edited:

krewblink

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
California
All the regular and occasional posters to this thread seem to me truthful and sincere, so I have reason to doubt what EbenezerScrews wrote, except to say, what a drag!

Below is a pic of my Heartland and Vaperstek 100mg/ml nics in the 30ml bottles that I keep in my DIY drawer. They've been a room temperature for about three weeks. Next to those are 30ml bottles of pure PG and VG. To the far right are two 3ml bottles of unflavored VG mixed to 12mg with Heartland and Vaperstek nics.

I brightened the jpg a bit but didn't alter the color intensity or balance. As you can see, the bottles of PG and VG are clear and colorless, like water. The partially-filled 30ml bottle of Vaperstek has ever-so-slightly yellow or gold hue. The bottle of Heartland has a more obvious yellow/gold tint, but it's not pronounced and nowhere near "brown" or even tan. The 3ml bottles of mixed juice show those same colors respectively, although very diluted, since each has only 7 drops of liquid nic.

None of the six bottles has a scent that I can detect. No chemical or petroleum smell at all. When I atty-drip from the 3ml sample juice bottles, both taste exactly like what they are---unflavored VG with 12mg nic---which is to say, very subtly sweet (the VG) with a bite (the nic). I can't discern any "flavor" with the Vaperstek sample. It's clean and pure tasting. The Heartland sample is similar, except that I taste the very faint presence of what, for lack of a more precise term, I'll call "tobacco." Since I'm a natural tobacco vaper (and home tobacco extractor), that flavor is pleasing to me. It's nothing like vaping an NET juice, however, in that I wouldn't even notice it if I weren't paying close attention. On the other hand, the Heartland juice sample is noticeably less sweet than the Vaperstek juice, so some masking of the VG sweetness seems to be occurring.

The Heartland nic in the picture came from a one-liter jug that is now almost exactly a year old and has been in my refrigerator since I got it. I also have another full liter bottle of Heartland in the freezer that was purchased roughly six months ago. I smelled it when it arrived in March, and it was odorless.

My Heartland nic is obviously not what EbenezerScrews and others got and have complained about. Why this is I have no idea. I don't know if this thread has enough exposure or clout to affect Heartland's nic sales, but I'd assume that Ty, the owner of Heartland, cannot be happy about the bad press.

i will post a picture of mine

EbenezerScrews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2008
NW New Jersey

I was hesitant about sharing my experience & opinion about HV nicotine, as I know there is a person & a family behind every business. Every business depends heavily on their reputation, of course.

I really am glad that there are positive reviews about their nicotine, so this all may just be a consistency issue which can be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread