Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
I can pull a bottle of six month old WL from my freezer and it's still clear as a bell. But then I don't do shipping of my nic I pick it up in person. This way I can inspect everything before stepping foot out the door. If anything is amiss they will take care of it right then and there. It's just to bad vape shops don't get into the business of selling nic. Seems odd that Totally Wicked sells so much DIY related stuff online yet none of the reseller stores carry any of it. Not that I would buy it but at least it would be an option for those who want it.

If only I had the money to open a vaping superstore catering to DIY'ers across the globe. Maybe I should look into crowd funding for such a venture. I think it would be great to have an assortment nic and flavoring brands available to sample in person. Then everyone could find what they seek and it would end the debate over which nic is best and why.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I am still a newbie but just had to throw out a whole bunch of mixed juice and base. I do not like any pepper at all and do not use it, so VT is what I am restarting with. I was going to go with NN but it says right on their site that there is a pepper taste, so no ty. I am just so happy that there are choices so everyone can vape if they choose to. If someone had forewarned me that nic base was peppery I would not be here at all. TY you all for your input on this wonderful thread - just wish I would have seen it in June :p

I forgot to say: 25% of people are *supertasters*,50% are regular tasters, and 25% are sub tasters - so all the nic base companies have nothing to worry about :toast:

Last edited:

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I looked at a bunch of nic suppliers and I think I got it down to three.. Nude Nic, Wizard, and VT.. I would like to get an opinion on the NN cause they are closest to me as far as shipping..
And thanks for answering my prior question too Tom...

I vape unflavored @ 6mg. I have some NN and I like it. it's clear and I don't get any pepper. perhaps because I vape at 6mg? anyway, I am very happy with it.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
in the later times i´ve tested some nic from mixnmatcheliquids who seems to function very well. anybody ells know about this ones?

First off, mixmatchliquids appears to operate out of Cyprus, an island in the Mediterranean, south of Turkey and east of Lebanon. Fine for you in Norway, perhaps, but not exactly ideal for us here in the U.S. Second, mixmatch sells liquid nic only in small 100ml bottles. Most participants on this thread buy nic in larger quantities. That's not to suggest that the nic isn't wonderful, just that it won't get much interest on this thread.

Also, they made a mistake on the product page of one of their liquid nic offerings. A 100ml bottle of 72mg/ml PG nic is erroneously identified as 72ml of 100mg/ml PG nic. Yeah, I know, it's just an oversight typo---reversing the quantity with the concentration---but that doesn't inspire confidence.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I am still a newbie but just had to throw out a whole bunch of mixed juice and base. I do not like any pepper at all and do not use it, so VT is what I am restarting with. I was going to go with NN but it says right on their site that there is a pepper taste, so no ty. I am just so happy that there are choices so everyone can vape if they choose to. If someone had forewarned me that nic base was peppery I would not be here at all. TY you all for your input on this wonderful thread - just wish I would have seen it in June :p

I forgot to say: 25% of people are *supertasters*,50% are regular tasters, and 25% are sub tasters - so all the nic base companies have nothing to worry about :toast:

What nics do you have that are peppery? If you still have the base, I would think someone here would want it. No need to let it go to waste.

My juices which use VT have a bit of pepper at 12 mg, more so at 18 mg, but I would not call it strong at all. Low pepper I would say. YMMV. I think pepper also depends on the viscosity and how it is being thinned, just just the nic itself.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Never heard of them altho they reference ECF. A bit of a red flag for me that they specify that it comes from the Leaf- that might mean ALCHEM nic.

Not a lot of anything on the Google...

What I find to be odd is that they offer all the way down to 95% pure. I am trying to figure out what is in that the 5%. Not to "go there" here, but I know that the minor tobacco alkaloids comprise about 5% of the rest of the total tobacco alkaloid profile, so I am wondering if this is essentially what they are selling in the 95% pure. Not like I am going to try it out, but I did find it curious. Has anyone here ever seen a choice offered for purity in the nicotine? Odd I say!

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... Curious about some of the seekers in this thread: have any of you ever seen, used, or heard anything about this company?

E Liquid Design-Pure Nicotine

There are a few curious things they have there -- that I may get into later -- but it has my interest piqued nonetheless.

I hadn't before your link, I wonder how many of us could notice any difference between 99% & 98% pure Nicotine, I probably couldn't even if you threw in the 95% nic. My curiosity is peaked, but with ~2.5lts of Nic Base now... :pop:
I'll have to wait.

A couple Mint & Fruit&Herb&Flower flavor (extracts?) caught my interest also, so I've bookmarked that link for now. The downside is having to send an e-mail or telephone to order product... spoiled by point & click. :blush:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I hadn't before your link, I wonder how many of us could notice any difference between 99% & 98% pure Nicotine, I probably couldn't even if you threw in the 95% nic. My curiosity is peaked, but with ~2.5lts of Nic Base now... :pop:
I'll have to wait.

A couple Mint & Fruit&Herb&Flower flavor (extracts?) caught my interest also, so I've bookmarked that link for now. The downside is having to send an e-mail or telephone to order product... spoiled by point & click. :blush:

You know me, I already called! LOL. But I got a voice mail. See, it's just strange to me because what differentiates WTA from regular nic is that WTA is 95% nic and 5% other minor alkaloids -- so I just wonder if they are essentially selling bulk WTA (I am going to have to show that to DVap and get his opinion, or maybe Kurt can chime in too).

I do have a quote list and they sell 100 mg/mL in 50/50 for $175 a gallon! That is just far too much for me without a sample or a trusty-vouching, but just thought I would post.

p.s. I called them more so to see if they are making their own flavors, i.e., extracts, or whether it'a just repackaged Hangsen or the like -- it probably is based on the names of their tobaccos.

cjb313

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Las Vegas
ELiquid designs eh ?? Being a "bean town" guy I happen to know exactly where that's located.. It's in Natick which is in "Southie" or the south end of Boston.. Not the friendliest of areas but not too bad in the day LoL !! I'm going to have to have someone check it out for me or the next time I'm back I'll go there and see what's up ?? It's defiantly Chinese Sourced but so is a lot of others.. I'm optimistically keeping an open mind and I'll make sure to report back if and when I do know more..
On another note anyone try any RTS nic base lately and if so what was your thoughts ???

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
On another note anyone try any RTS nic base lately and if so what was your thoughts ???

I don't think they've changed anything in the last couple of years. I'm still working on a 1/2 L of 60 mg PG from 2012, and it's as good as MFS's and Wizard's (to me).

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
ELiquid designs eh ?? Being a "bean town" guy I happen to know exactly where that's located.. It's in Natick which is in "Southie" or the south end of Boston.. Not the friendliest of areas but not too bad in the day LoL !!

Natick's about 20 miles from Southie. Halfway between Boston & Worcester.
I grew up in Natick and it's 100% 'burbs not city.
Doug Flutie & Lake Cochituate (25lb Pike), not Whitey Bulger and fighting over parking spots. :2c:

Last edited:

tmanokc

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Well I got a 250ml bottle of mfs. I've got to say its good. I had no problem vaping it all day @ 8mg on a nic strong rayon build and flashi dripper. And I usually vape a strong hs Arabic tobacco, so that says something... Good th and tastes good no off flavor noticed yet. I've concluded I'm pretty immune to pepper as I use so much on my food but it does leave a nice sting on the exhale sometimes.. Will have to mix some WL base to compare. 3 month old WL now smells stronger than the mfs .

Anyone notice steeping changes the nic smell.

Last edited:

ronchinoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Bangalore / India
You guys do realize that all this kind of talk will only force one thing.

Vendors are going to start playing with the nic. Playing with its contents, playing with its smell, playing with the mixing process. All to satisfy / fool the vaping public in an effort to give them what they think is good.

Pure Nic does have a smell. It does have a pepper taste. And it will change color with time.
People comparing Nics based on smell, taste, or color your review is pointless unless you also test the strength. Because things can be done to the nic to change its character. But it will drop in strength.

I went looking to buy nic. If the heartland boys are here. I didnt buy from you. Because the sticker on your bottle on your web site says use before Aug-2014.
It could be an old photo but not something I could risk. So just going to get some from MFS and Wiz Labs.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Good a place as any to ask....

I'm making a rather slow shift to vaping unflavored. I took some advice from a thread posted in 2011 about the quality of the VG and Nic from Extremevaping. So, I bought some. I like it. It's good...

It's also on the expensive side as far as I can tell. That's not a big deal I suppose compared to the fact I've been buying half a dozen $53.00 100ml bottles of juice every 5 months up until now.

Since I made that purchase off of 3 year old advice, I think I'd like to know if Extremevapings nic and VG is still among the best and therefore perhaps worth the extra bucks - or - if there's other nic and vg out there that is the same stuff I should consider.

I have read this thread and a few others, and I do understand the warm fuzzy feeling getting a data sheet along with the product gives someone. That makes perfect sense. - All I can say for sure is that I like what I bought from Xtreme. Now, I'm just curious if the difference or lack of difference between that and something else might make me think it's worthwhile to try something else instead or might make me just feel good I found something I like and decide to stick with it.

Opinions? ... And, yeah. I did read the big review at the beginning of this thread, but being new to this section of the forum, I was also left making a note to myself that I need to learn a bunch of new acronyms before I can have a full understanding of that.... So, with any opinions, I wouldn't mind any expansions of acronyms so I can have a better chance of getting ti right and understanding. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread