Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
Are you feeling OK? It's coming across like you are upset that someone enjoys and buys nicotine that isn't from WL.

No on the contrary I see a few of you trying to push VT on the rest of us in nearly every thread including one dedicated to WL. One begins to wonder if someone is not being compensated for constantly pushing this supposed UK nic. And stranger even that those same few would question all others about COA and all that good stuff. Yet VT offers no COA, claims to get 100mg from a country (even Totally Wicked can't sell it) that only allows 72mg and no flags are ever raised. And many who never used Inawera all of a sudden are coincidentally pushing it too every since VT came online and begin offering it.

Does it not seem odd to you that flavoring and nic that people have praised for many years is now branded as garbage?

Yes I take offense to that being that many of us would not be where we are today without WL. Many would have given up vaping due to excessive cost or difficulty of obtaining high quality nic from an actual FDA inspected (which I'd wager VT is not) lab. Not to say there are not other good companies if someone attacked VZ I would defend them too. I vaped ejuice made with VZ from a local vendor for a looong time before getting into DIY.

But if you want to paint me as sick for feeling the way I do then so be it.

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier/Associate discussing business in un-authorized area

JackH

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2014
United States
No on the contrary I see a few of you trying to push VT on the rest of us in nearly every thread including one dedicated to WL. One begins to wonder if someone is not being compensated for constantly pushing this supposed UK nic. And stranger even that those same few would question all others about COA and all that good stuff. Yet VT offers no COA, claims to get 100mg from a country (even Totally Wicked can't sell it) that only allows 72mg and no flags are ever raised. And many who never used Inawera all of a sudden are coincidentally pushing it too every since VT came online and begin offering it.

Does it not seem odd to you that flavoring and nic that people have praised for many years is now branded as garbage?

Yes I take offense to that being that many of us would not be where we are today without WL. Many would have given up vaping due to excessive cost or difficulty of obtaining high quality nic from an actual FDA inspected (which I'd wager VT is not) lab. Not to say there are not other good companies if someone attacked VZ I would defend them too. I vaped ejuice made with VZ from a local vendor for a looong time before getting into DIY.

Relax a little. No need to ruffle your feathers. We are just fan boys/girls. I'm a cynic and when something lives up to the hype I feel the need to share that. You seem to have another agenda. :confused:

I like a clean canvas before I start painting. If my canvas is dirty before I start, it's very difficult to get the colors to show up as I intended. If WL sold clean canvases (nic)at their current price I'd certainly continue buying it there. Clean nic at the best price is what I want, no matter the vendor. It just so happens VT has the cleanest nic at the best price right now. If Walmart sold clean nic at the best price I'd buy it there. No need to get all frazzled or get into pisssing contests.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to call the CEO of General Mills. I like pepper in my Cheerios and I'm determined to make him sell them.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
It's always good to get the word out, for the good of all vaping people. In this thread, products by other companies have been criticized, to the point where someone like me had to buy some more doomsday stash nic to compare with my current long term supply. I would have bought VT but no OS shipping, so I went Heartland, and compared that to Nicvapes. I also have RTS in the freezer. I compared Heartland to Nicvapes, no big difference, very small, and both good enough. So a 3 month Heartland supply got opened early just to find out and compare with NicVape, what a waste of time! Really, I was ......, after reading this thread, about how much better that this is instead of that...add to that I live overseas and usually its $16 to $20 freight on top of the nic.

Another thing that annoyed me. Some or one of the USA suppliers says on the website they get the good nic from UK, so I check out the UK suppliers, some of them say they get the good nic from USA. One of them gets the good nic from India or Israel (can't remember). ???

It is not necessary to put other products down in order to inform others of a cleaner or better product, and I think this has caused some of the friction in this thread.

Many of us would not where we are if it wasn't for the total industry. There are 3-4 + main suppliers of nicotine In this country when I found this nic it blew me away. And I told myself inis the next step In the evolution of vaping. It's clean enough for vaping and not for patches lozenges or gums.

k3vin, can you elaborate on on that last sentence. Is cleaner nic required for patches etc than the nic we need for vaping?

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
  • Deleted by classwife

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
...trying to push VT on... thread including one dedicated to WL.

Yeah, that is very uncouth. I didn't see that, but I would have been upset at such a thing too. I would have pointed that out in that thread and not in a thread about all nic's and what folks think about them. Carrying a grudge over threads has led to some nastiness here on ECF and while I do get upset reading some posts, I do my darnedest to keep it contained within that thread and if I have trouble doing that, I ignore that poster.

(My ignore list is mainly folks who think I am a vendor and seem to be mad at me because they think I'm the "Hoosier" behind the shops in Indiana that have "Hoosier" in their name and cannot accept that I'm not them, nor am I Hoosier Tire nor the Hoosiers of IU. These kinds of things tick me off, but thankfully Hoosiers know that Hoosier is everywhere here in Indiana, so I've never had to ignore a Hoosier. /'s Most Hoosier in two sentences for the Hoosier points//)

One begins to wonder if someone is not being compensated for constantly pushing this supposed UK nic. And stranger even that those same few would question all others about COA and all that good stuff. Yet VT offers no COA, claims to get 100mg from a country (even Totally Wicked can't sell it) that only allows 72mg and no flags are ever raised. And many who never used Inawera all of a sudden are coincidentally pushing it too every since VT came online and begin offering it.

I've been at this over 4 years. WL is a newcomer to me. Never even purchased anything from them. I take exception to the notion that DIY wouldn't be at the state it is without them. It's been because of the DIY community that it is at the state it's at, not any one vendor.

I still think XV's nic is better because it has more TH and is flavorless and clear... like VT's. I've been suggesting XV nic for years and constantly heard that folks don't want to pay that price. I'm fine with that.

I'm fine with folks filling out paperwork and paying a fee to be approved by an outside agency but since I've worked at companies and worked on that type of paperwork, I don't put as much trust in those approvals as most.

Heck, I've never tried Inawera, despite having been told someone was going to send me some so I could find out what the fuss is about. But I think it's great that folks get excited about Inawera because that means they are excited about their juice.

Kevin actually claims he is importing pure nic from the UK, not 100mg/ml. There is a pic or two of some of the handling equipment he has for the dilution floating around somewhere on ECF. I know Kevin like I know Kurt or Nikhil (to name just 2 of many), they are long time ECF members. I've seen quite a few mixers move on to become vendors or, like Kurt, become a behind the scenes person who helps folks know what is in their juice.

I was not saying you were sick, merely upset. I know when I'm upset, I don't feel well.

And White's Meat Market does have the best beef, so if you're ever in my area and need a great steak for your portable grill, stop into White's.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I describe what I taste in unflavored nic as best I can, and besides vaping unflavored near all the time, I spend a considerable amount of time using different nics on analogous set ups and comparing because I enjoy it. Contrast brings me clarity.

As to how much something is better or worse than something else...that depends on your needs.

Don't take any responsibility for what anyone else does or says in this thread, but I do enjoy having all of you, and I mean that. Even the wvankerss from the troll wars.

EDIT: But I will emphasis that in my opinion the *best* way to do this is line up your identical builds and identical atties if possible, and compare 2 or more nics at identical concentrations and PG/VG composition and type across identical power levels for at least a week. Decide what you need. Share.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    now.jpg .......................

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Kevin brings up a good point. The really tasteless/odorless nic that has been coming on the market in the last couple of years, starting with Alchem, is considerably beyond USP "Pharma" grade in terms of nic purity. If one uses anhydrous assay (Karl Fischer, non-aqueous titration) anything better than 99.0% pure is fine for USP. I say this because in fact anhydrous assay also includes the mass of water in the nic, and GC-FID would put this at more like 97 or 98%, since any titration method will also include other alkaloids.

In other words USP pharma grade just requires that the nic is as extracted as cleanly as extraction allows. But to get to these ultra clean nics, one generally has to go through a finishing distillation step to further remove other alkaloids...and even that is not 100.00% successful. But it is successful enough to give extremely pure nic, very free of smell and taste. This is not necessary for gums and patches. I don't think it was even available when the USP standards were created. I believe even some of the nics that have a bit of peppered funk are probably purer than some allowed by USP. Most here would not want to vape 99.0%.

The nic today, and the consumer demands today, are well beyond pharma grade.

billherbst

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Columbia, Missouri
    www.billherbst.com
    OK, putting aside for a moment the ongoing discussion about what constitutes the "highest-quality," perfectly transparent, tasteless, and odorless liquid nic, and which vendor sells it, MyFreedomSmokes is having a summer sale. A liter bottle of MFS 100mg/ml liquid nic in the customer's choice of five bases (100% PG, 75PG/25VG, 50/50, 25PG/75VG, or 100% VG) is $50.00 plus shipping. Cheapest shipping of the four options offered to me when I checked was a little more than $10 via Fed Ex. That's four bucks and change cheaper than a liter of 100mg from HeartlandVapes ($65 shipped using coupon code "25off100").

MFS 100mg nic - one liter bottle, $50 plus shipping

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    OK, putting aside for a moment the ongoing discussion about what constitutes the "highest-quality," perfectly transparent, tasteless, and odorless liquid nic, and which vendor sells it, MyFreedomSmokes is having a summer sale. A liter bottle of MFS 100mg/ml liquid nic in the customer's choice of five bases (100% PG, 75PG/25VG, 50/50, 25PG/75VG, or 100% VG) is $50.00 plus shipping. Cheapest shipping of the four options offered to me when I checked was a little more than $10 via Fed Ex. That's four bucks and change cheaper than a liter of 100mg from HeartlandVapes ($65 shipped using coupon code "25off100").

MFS 100mg nic - one liter bottle, $50 plus shipping

Well, can you come back here and tell us how it tastes/vapes when you get it? Haven't heard an MFS review for awhile. That's the Nicselect/Alchem nic, right?

billherbst

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Columbia, Missouri
    www.billherbst.com
    Well, can you come back here and tell us how it tastes/vapes when you get it? Haven't heard an MFS review for awhile. That's the Nicselect/Alchem nic, right?

I didn't order any. I put a liter in the shopping cart only to see what the shipping would be, then deleted it. I already have half a liter of MFS liquid nic in my freezer. I ordered 240ml of the Vaperstek UK-sourced liquid nic, though. I'll report on that after it arrives and I give it a try.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I didn't order any. I put a liter in the shopping cart only to see what the shipping would be, then deleted it. I already have half a liter of MFS liquid nic in my freezer. I ordered 240ml of the Vaperstek UK-sourced liquid nic, though. I'll report on that after it arrives and I give it a try.

Ok. But, reports from VT seem good already- was wondering if Alchem from MFS and elsewhere had gotten better than some previous reports.

TaylorMade

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    www.MyFreedomSmokes.com
    • Deleted by classwife

billherbst

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Columbia, Missouri
    www.billherbst.com
    Ok. But, reports from VT seem good already- was wondering if Alchem from MFS and elsewhere had gotten better than some previous reports.

I hope you're not anticipating that I'll go gaga over Vaperstek nic. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. At least one recent poster felt that the VT nic wasn't appreciably better than other brands, so it's not unanimous that VT nic is the wonder of the age. LOL.

As I recall, the flap over the nasty Alchem stuff with MFS, RTS, and other vendors, came and then mostly went awhile back. I won't thaw out and open the bottle of MFS nic that's in my freezer just to see how it looks and tastes, because that bottle is part of my long-term emergency stash, along with a liter of RTS. Anyway, both were purchased many months before the Alchem flap arose. If I remember correctly, however, that explosion sort of died down as people ordered newer batches from the vendors involved.

The appearance of the VT nic, the Alchem weirdness, and the earlier WizardLabs Ice rush were the three singular events over the past what---two years?---that really grabbed the attention of the thread for awhile. Obviously, the Vaperstek nic is an ongoing phenomenon, but each of those events transcended the usual compile-compare-contrast testing and opinions that are our standard fare here. If nothing else, those three whirlwinds have kept the thread interesting and far from dry and scholarly.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 8, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Just to recap my point of view for newcomers, used to rank MFS quite high, but I found the last three 1L bottles of alchem from MFS, each one promised to be "better" than the last, pretty horrid and useless for my purposes (95% unflavored vaper). As well they basically ended up totally ignoring me after giving me a dose of rudeness in return for my polite discontent. So I don't recommend barking up that tree anymore.

Though their glass bottle and cap selection is fantastic

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I hope you're not anticipating that I'll go gaga over Vaperstek nic. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. At least one recent poster felt that the VT nic wasn't appreciably better than other brands, so it's not unanimous that VT nic is the wonder of the age. LOL.

As I recall, the flap over the nasty Alchem stuff with MFS, RTS, and other vendors, came and then mostly went awhile back. I won't thaw out and open the bottle of MFS nic that's in my freezer just to see how it looks and tastes, because that bottle is part of my long-term emergency stash, along with a liter of RTS. Anyway, both were purchased many months before the Alchem flap arose. If I remember correctly, however, that explosion sort of died down as people ordered newer batches from the vendors involved.

The appearance of the VT nic, the Alchem weirdness, and the earlier WizardLabs Ice rush were the three singular events over the past what---two years?---that really grabbed the attention of the thread for awhile. Obviously, the Vaperstek nic is an ongoing phenomenon, but each of those events transcended the usual compile-compare-contrast testing and opinions that are our standard fare here. If nothing else, those three whirlwinds have kept the thread interesting and far from dry and scholarly.

No, no, I don't think we need much more info on VT, lol. We gots Jimi to go all gaga over stuff :).

Just speaking for myself here.

I'm not much for the drama, I just come here to see if there's anything new in the Nic world and any positive or negative news with that.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    Just to recap my point of view for newcomers, used to rank MFS quite high, but I found the last three 1L bottles of alchem from MFS, each one promised to be "better" than the last, pretty horrid and useless for my purposes (95% unflavored vaper). As well they basically ended up totally ignoring me after giving me a dose of rudeness in return for my polite discontent. So I don't recommend barking up that tree anymore.

What are good choices and reasons among the current budget offerings?

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona

Sup my four legged friend? So the good stuff is no more? Glad I still have a liter in the freezer from a couple years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread