Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Okay, about to make my first purchase of Nicotine, but little confused. I like to Vape my liquids at 1.5-2mg nic. What type of nic do I buy? Do I get the 100mg/ml?

In general, most of us buy the strongest we can and use a calculator and double-check very carefully.
If you make low-nicotine liquid, a small mistake could be a big mistake.

One thing that might work for you (considering 1.5mg is so little) would be to dilute the required amount into large bottles of PG+VG (100ml or more) so you can deal with such small measurements.
Trying to get an accurate dose of 100mg into a 10ml mix of liquid at 1.5mg could be too difficult.

Mess around with steam engine to see what we'd be talking.

DIY E-liquid

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Trying to get an accurate dose of 100mg into a 10ml mix of liquid at 1.5mg could be too difficult.

While I agree with this statement and experienced it myself, my solution is to mix 30ml batches, even when doing a test batch. At a cost of $1 or less per bottle, I find it not too big of a risk and have not had an unvapable batch as of yet. Then again, I have only done very simple recipes to date. And if that becomes a problem, I plan on mixing down my 100mg base to a level more manageable for that purpose.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
While I agree with this statement and experienced it myself, my solution is to mix 30ml batches, even when doing a test batch. At a cost of $1 or less per bottle, I find it not too big of a risk and have not had an unvapable batch as of yet. Then again, I have only done very simple recipes to date. And if that becomes a problem, I plan on mixing down my 100mg base to a level more manageable for that purpose.

100% agree. I've never made a smaller batch than 15ml and if I'm using small percentages of flavor in particular, I will make a 30 ml batch. To large a margin of error with smaller batches.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
100% agree. I've never made a smaller batch than 15ml and if I'm using small percentages of flavor in particular, I will make a 30 ml batch. To large a margin of error with smaller batches.

I agree as well I usually make 10ml samples in a 15ml bottle which give me room for adjustments. 5ml is just to small especially when dealing with low percentages

Reactions: OlderNDirt

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I make 50ml batches in 60ml bottles for the same reason. My 3% nic juice mix requires 1.5ml of 100mg/ml nic (in 50ml batches) and that's well within a good range for accuracy on the scale.

I also make a 120ml bottle of unflavored juice when I mix. It's come in handy several times when a juice needs to be diluted in flavor after the fact. I also vape unflavored often when I get tired of flavored juices or need to let my taste buds recover.

nicotine_top6

Unresolved Status
Apr 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
at 1-2mg, you'd be fine with 48mg base...

For perspective, that's about 20 drops per 30ml of liquid. So if you get something like 500ml of 48mg, that's enough to make

12,000ml or 400 bottles of 30ml. ( at 2mg)

I recommend 48mg for the simple reason that it's easier to mix without risk of hot spots (section of liquid that didn't mix correctly).

That could last you a very long time.

Remember that you should divide your quantity and put your "stock" in the freezer for long term keeping. the base (VG/PG) does NOT freeze, but you should let it come to room temperature when you're using it otherwise, it's very thick. I always keep a small bottle around with my flavouring and refill it once empty or low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread