Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
So, you like the mini as well as the 'normal' Engine?
Don't have the mini, but the design is sound, so I can't see any reason I wouldn't. In fact, I think the flavor might be more intense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Awww, cr*p. Just realized I ordered the 25mm version from FT last week. I gather from the recent comments that this will NOT fit on my Pico....?

That'll teach me for not researching enough!

I ordered a 22mm heat sink spacer for my target mini, so I could fit the 25mm tank on it. You might be able to use it with one of these 510 Thread 22MM Heat Sink for RDA RBA - NEW - SAME DAY SHIPPING - STAINLESS | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: The Yeti

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Currently running a single alien coil at .4 on the original engine and its a fantastic vape, these are great little leak-free tanks.

Got mine in yesterday, and put it on a Tarot Nano. I'm loving it. I was using the 22mm Griffin RTA. That tank sucked so bad. Was always leaking no matter how I wicked it. Even changed the o-rings. No leaking whatsoever with the OBS Engine! I lay my mod down when charging, no leaking sideways either!!!:banana:

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Just got my standard OBS Engine in the vape mail today from Gearbest in gold tone. It was ordered on Dec 29 and was in my mailbox in 11 days. Not bad coming from China. My mail ran late today so I won't have a chance to build it until tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait.

chief63

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Oklahoma, United States
Got mine in yesterday, and put it on a Tarot Nano. I'm loving it. I was using the 22mm Griffin RTA. That tank sucked so bad. Was always leaking no matter how I wicked it. Even changed the o-rings. No leaking whatsoever with the OBS Engine! I lay my mod down when charging, no leaking sideways either!!!:banana:

Me too...Engine Mini is mess free for work. Fits on the Pico also.

01119e33abfdd728fd6861017e1855e7.jpg
b34567953ff7f0202042b21984ee5f54.jpg

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The new 25mm single coil Engine Nano is in today's Fasttech new arrivals! $21 and change...

$21.95 Free Shipping Authentic OBS ENGINE NANO RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (ENGINE NANO, 304 SS+ Glass, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

It's showing as a preorder to me with an estimate of 2/20. They do have a black mini in stock with next day shipping. I really should just go ahead and get it. When are they closing for Chinese New Year?

Reactions: Btsmokincat

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
It's showing as a preorder to me with an estimate of 2/20. They do have a black mini in stock with next day shipping. I really should just go ahead and get it. When are they closing for Chinese New Year?
From the ft site
Official holiday for FastTech: 10 days from January 24, 2017 to February 2, 2017. All services resume on February 3, 2017 at 9:30am Hong Kong Time.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
From the ft site
Official holiday for FastTech: 10 days from January 24, 2017 to February 2, 2017. All services resume on February 3, 2017 at 9:30am Hong Kong Time.

Oh, thanks! Might have to slip an order in this weekend with a few other things that have been in my cart forever.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Guys would these grubs work on this tank?
amazon.com/M2-5-Carbon-Steel-Hex-Socket/dp/B01E6YOFBA/

The quality of these screws they offered is really really bad.

They should work fine. I don't know if they're better quality than the stock ones, but at least you'd have plenty of spares. You could also try the slot head screws for the Griffin from Vaping Walrus (which are the same size). Many people have better luck with slot heads than with hex/Allen heads when you get down to these tiny sizes.

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2016
Just got my Engine today. Read with interest the wicking strategies in this thread. Took me three tries. First two times I tried the Boreas approach of folding the wicks under the coils and got a vape too wet for me. Condensation at the drip tip was mostly e liquid. Thinning the cotton didn't help. Then I went with the instructions that came with tank. Pushing the cotton through the holes and to the bottom. Much better. A dryer vape with no dry hits. Folding the cotton seems to produce too much e liquid in the chamber that my dual kanthal build couldn't fry quick enough. Maybe if I used a Clapton I'd have better success but for now I'm sticking with the wick through the holes. My 2 cents FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Just got my Engine today. Read with interest the wicking strategies in this thread. Took me three tries. First two times I tried the Boreas approach of folding the wicks under the coils and got a vape too wet for me. Condensation at the drip tip was mostly e liquid. Thinning the cotton didn't help. Then I went with the instructions that came with tank. Pushing the cotton through the holes and to the bottom. Much better. A dryer vape with no dry hits. Folding the cotton seems to produce too much e liquid in the chamber that my dual kanthal build couldn't fry quick enough. Maybe if I used a Clapton I'd have better success but for now I'm sticking with the wick through the holes. My 2 cents FWIW.

Yea folding would get a lot more juice pops. VapingWithVic does it that way for some reason as well. I do mine like you but I don't touch the base with my cotton. I can barely see it coming out of the wick holes, and i'm good go go! I might actually try touching the base with my next build and see what happens just for kicks. Flavor is great the way I do it. A couple pops here and there after it sits a while, but awesome vape...

Reactions: Eskie

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2016
I'm not sure how much of my cotton actually touches the bottom. If it does it barely touches as I didn't want to use too much cotton. But I'm glad you pointed that out as it is something I might want to experiment with. It sure is vaping well at this point. Nice tank. [emoji106]

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
From the ft site

Oh, thanks! Might have to slip an order in this weekend with a few other things that have been in my cart forever.

Chinese New Year. Get your orders in before it's too late. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread