Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
you got me there. I was using a charger that came with a different starter kit I got a long time ago. same threading so I thought it would be okay. I couldn't tell how many times Ive dropped it. I very rarely do unless I forget it's on my lap before I stand up. Probably been dropped two or three times. Problem though is I have(had)two of them and they are identical. Couldn't say which one has been abused more. Although one of them did ride around in a tool box for several months csause I had misplaced there.

Ouch! A simple screw knocking around in a toolbox could've shorted a battery out if it happend to find itself in the 510 threadwell; heck a screwdriver would have done it too.

batteries are a potential risk; it's one reason I point people towards plugging in directly without a battery. Batteries are for walking.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Wow, I put mine on the charger and then go to bed....won't be doing that anymore.

I do also; its 5 feet away from the bed; maybe I'll put the charger(s) inside an otherwise empty tool box;

there's supposed to be charging bags, but I'm kinda fuzzy on the idea of putting a battery and charger inside a bag.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
I have several eGo's laying around just for backup. They do not look like they have vent holes. It does look like the bottom should break away in case of something going wrong.
Im particulary concerned about this because passed my eGo batteries to my girl when she started vaping. Those batteries an nearly 2 years old! She lost one in a cab, but is still using the other one.
I wouldnt like that thing blowing up on her!
These are autentic joyetech eGo-C batteries, and she is charging it with a jenuine joyetech charger. I just went thru the user manual of the ego-c, but cant find any reference to a venting safety feature on the batteries!

I agree with you that the bottom seems kinda weak, i want to belive that this is by design, to act as a weak spot in case of venting.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
OK battery experts, I see two things in this thread that cause me concern about my own habits:

1. My ego came with usb charger but no wall plug. I plug it into my AC/USB adapter from my Kindle. Is this bad?

2. I always use my ego until it dies, completely, then recharge it. Is this also bad? If so, how long should it be used instead before re-charging?

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Im particulary concerned about this because passed my eGo batteries to my girl when she started vaping. Those batteries an nearly 2 years old! She lost one in a cab, but is still using the other one.
I wouldnt like that thing blowing up on her!
These are autentic joyetech eGo-C batteries, and she is charging it with a jenuine joyetech charger. I just went thru the user manual of the ego-c, but cant find any reference to a venting safety feature on the batteries!
I agree with you that the bottom seems kinda weak, i want to belive that this is by design, to act as a weak spot in case of venting.
I know it's difficult to see in the pics but the bottom of the battery is were it relieved the preasure that and the where the button use to be. There was fire shooting out of the hole where the button use to be.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Most batteries are rated for one year. I have noticed that the 1 year mark is exactly when the internal voltage begins to drop so I definitely believe the rating system is 100% genuine. Take note of the month you buy a new battery. Any type. & then see if it begins losing internal voltage around the month you bought it in the next calendar year. It'll start sagging within 3 months of the month you bought it if you used it as one of your primary batteries. I swear. & the protection circuit for protected batteries will of been 'stressed' to hell by that time too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread