Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I know it's difficult to see in the pics but the bottom of the battery is were it relieved the preasure that and the where the button use to be. There was fire shooting out of the hole where the button use to be.
Actually, that's EXACTLY what your pictures look like happened. The batteries are designed to do that.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
OK battery experts, I see two things in this thread that cause me concern about my own habits:

1. My ego came with usb charger but no wall plug. I plug it into my AC/USB adapter from my Kindle. Is this bad?

2. I always use my ego until it dies, completely, then recharge it. Is this also bad? If so, how long should it be used instead before re-charging?

If I remember correctly, the safety part is in the unit that screws onto the battery. I've used my plug from my iPhone attached to the cord.
The eGo is built to quit working before the battery is drained too low. Hence the blinking light to let you know it needs charging.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure I will be corrected. ;)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'll never have to worry about using that charger again. It's just as ruined as the battery. See, I thought same threads so why not? This is the second time I had a problem with the cordless chargers. The first one melted down. I thought maybe manufacturers defect but now I'm never gonna use a cordless one again. I just hate being scared of my other battery now.

cordless charger?? oh;; you mean one that just has 2 prongs sticking out so as to plug directly into a socket?
Hmmm. I got one of those....

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
I know it's difficult to see in the pics but the bottom of the battery is were it relieved the preasure that and the where the button use to be. There was fire shooting out of the hole where the button use to be.
Youre right! it does seem like the bottom part gave out under the preasure.
However, you mentioned that fire was coming out of the bottom? mmhh, i guess fire coming out of it is better (or rather less bad) that the whole thing exploding.
So now the issue that concerns me is, Is it safe to say, that this kind of "event" can only happen while the battery is charging? or can it happen while its being used?
If its only while charging, i guess its as "simple" as taking proper precautions while charging it. But if it can happen while vaping on it...
Lets just say in that case i would throw that thing away, and never buy another ego type again!

leelee.d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Alabama
I do also; its 5 feet away from the bed; maybe I'll put the charger(s) inside an otherwise empty tool box;

there's supposed to be charging bags, but I'm kinda fuzzy on the idea of putting a battery and charger inside a bag.

Mine charges on the nightstand right by my head, next to my cell phone! Not anymore....nope! I'm also heading over to Amazon and get me one of those charging bag thingys!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I bought a starter kit with a "peculiar" charger: It had no circuitry in it. Just wires directly from the USB to the 510. I only found out after I opened it. And I opened it only because it had ruined one of my batteries, making it swell and malfunction. I guess I'm lucky the battery didn't explode.

Ouch?! So it had a light that came on when charging and... never went off and never changed colour, or no light at all?
Did it have a brand name of any kind?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Youre right! it does seem like the bottom part gave out under the preasure.
However, you mentioned that fire was coming out of the bottom? mmhh, i guess fire coming out of it is better (or rather less bad) that the whole thing exploding.
So now the issue that concerns me is, Is it safe to say, that this kind of "event" can only happen while the battery is charging? or can it happen while its being used?
If its only while charging, i guess its as "simple" as taking proper precautions while charging it. But if it can happen while vaping on it...
Lets just say in that case i would throw that thing away, and never buy another ego type again!

It can certainly happen when pressing the firing button. Sounds like your an IMR battery type of person.
Hope your main PV isn't an MVP or a smoktech Groove, they have the same type of battery.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You can try posting this in the new members forum to give folks a heads up and first hand warnings for future safety.

That would be cross posting and that is a no-no. ;)
If you see a need for this to be seen in the New Members section, post a link to this thread. That would work also. Probably better. In the new members section, things drop to the back pages very quickly.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
cordless charger?? oh;; you mean one that just has 2 prongs sticking out so as to plug directly into a socket?
Hmmm. I got one of those....

hehe got ya. no it has prongs and plugs into an outlet. I thought you meant the part that I screwed the battery on to. And dang it all I was using the charger that I got from a different cigalike kit when I very first started vaping well over a year ago. So I used two different devices from two different companies and ended up with one result. BOOM!! charger is from V2 cigs and usb thingy from Fifty One Trio.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Hey Fishee, just got through reading all these posts, and wanted to say I'm so glad you are okay. Sometimes bad things happen to good people,and I think this is the case here. I've read a lot of your posts since coming to this forum, and feel like you are a real good guy.:)

I'm so sorry this happened, but thank you so much for sharing it all, so that others can learn from it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
There HAVE been people who troll like this in the past. Please just try to be patient with those who automatically jump to conclusions.

It's the nature of the internet, I'm afraid.

Yeah fish, that happens; happened yesterday as a matter of fact; guy just figured a lady was lying about the death of 2 cats, wanted the thread closed, and so he just trolled the thread with attitude and got it closed;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread