Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I suppose that some of us will continue to maintain that there won't be much of a problem, if any. I think that spending about $200-300 is pretty cheap insurance if you want to continue to vape and have limited supplies today. I am very frugal myself but refuse to allow the possibility of not vaping to occur in our home. My wife vapes as well and I am her tech support person, so I can't be flippant about this serious risk.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
On 8/8/16, vape products become tobacco products. Federal edicts aside, some states (apparently including mine) have laws that tobacco products may only be purchased in person, not online. What worries me is, even if an online vendor decides to sell to me, will the credit card company approve the transaction? And, if so, will the vendor make the sale without a photo ID provided by me? Some vendors are already saying they will need the ID starting on that date.

Online purchasing has the potential to be problematic. Perhaps everyone will just turn a blind eye and things will continue as they always have. I cannot take that chance.

Considering identity theft is a huge thing, skiing will be a favorite pastime in Hades before I scan and send in a copy of my license. Not gonna happen. Nope nope nope.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
N

The whole country of Singapore is HALF the size of Los Angeles.
Singapore also still publicly canes it's citizens too.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
The size of the country hss nothing to do with it.

A person in Singapore loses their gear PLUS there is a HEFTY fine if caught.

If the US was to set heavy fines and reward the custom official like 10-25% of the fine tge custom enforcement would catch 90+% of the gear.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I suppose that some of us will continue to maintain that there won't be much of a problem, if any. I think that spending about $200-300 is pretty cheap insurance if you want to continue to vape and have limited supplies today. I am very frugal myself but refuse to allow the possibility of not vaping to occur in our home. My wife vapes as well and I am her tech support person, so I can't be flippant about this serious risk.

Amen. I am prepped to vape a solid 5 -7 years if i never get a piece of gear. In 7 years i will be 68 years old and may be unable to build because of my left hand or may be legally blind.

Reactions: ENAUD

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Simple.

A. Then the stuff you want to prep may not be available at any price.

B. May cost 3-4 times as much.

Have you ever gone to the grocery STORE after the weather predicts a massive Snow?

All of the eggs, milk, bread and convenience foods are GONE! As if the store has not been stocked in 7-10 days.

If you don't want to prep till the last minutes be my guest but will not have much compassion when a $15 Kayfun clone is selling for $60 or more.
On 8/8/16, vape products become tobacco products. Federal edicts aside, some states (apparently including mine) have laws that tobacco products may only be purchased in person, not online. What worries me is, even if an online vendor decides to sell to me, will the credit card company approve the transaction? And, if so, will the vendor make the sale without a photo ID provided by me? Some vendors are already saying they will need the ID starting on that date.

Online purchasing has the potential to be problematic. Perhaps everyone will just turn a blind eye and things will continue as they always have. I cannot take that chance.

Fair enough, i understand where you are coming from. I need to do an honest evaluation of pros and cons of stockpiling now. Like i said before, i wasted a lot of money in the past buying stuff ( just because it was the greatest sale ever ! ) that became obsolete pretty soon after my purchase, or that i don't use any more because my preferences, vaping style, and taste have changed.

I will likely wait until September at least to see what new products the Shenzhen vendors have rushed through to beat the 8/8/2016 deadline !

Reactions: AnthonyB

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

I was on the phone today with VapeHappy, a new vendor to me, to confirm stock levels before ordering. I ended up talking with the owner, who explained to me that they just contracted with the only "FDA compliant" age verification software company to be ready for 8/8. He indicated the the first verification step, possibly the only one, will involve the last four digits of the customer's SS number. If that doesn't fulfill the requirements, they then need a scanned ID that's stored by the third party company. That was somewhat reassuring and it's good to see some are getting proactive right now to cover the near term requirements. I do wonder how many vendors will do so or even stick it out?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Man you must like massive airflow then if the V2 was restricted , the V2 to me is very similar to a wide open Subtank , no joke .

That being said there are a lot of different Monster V2 bases .

If tge Monster v2 had the airflow of the Subtank i would have been happy.

I can do a restrictive Lung hit on the Orchid v3 and the Kayfun Mini V3.

My Monster v2 would not even deliver a restrictive Lung hit.

I must have had a dud.

Reactions: herb

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
The FDA did not dictate NO online sales.

Those rules were set up by individual States such as new York, New Jersey, California, and others.

The USA has not been the land of the free since the nanny state took over.

6 years ago i begged my sister to accept a teaching in Asia just to get us the HE double hockey sticks out of here.

In America the stinky stuff is about to hit the fan.

The National debt is almost $20 trillion.

If you add unfunded mandates like the Railroad retirement, sosial security, medicare, meducaid, WIC, food stamps, etc the real debt looks like $210 trillion.

Look what liberal policies did to Detroit, California, New York, etc. People are leaving those tyranical states and Cities and Cities in droves.

America's down fall started with the Great society instituted by President Lyndon Baines (NO Brains) Johnson

The federal reserve is the biggest enemy. The downfall started in 1913. America lived off the sprinkling riches of coins that spilled over from megarich bankers who benefited from the Fed reserve printing their own money and being a private corporation rather than a proper constituent of government with proper monitoring and auditing of its activities.

The Fed reserve and it's ridiculous and reckless quantitative easing measures is killing the U.S, sucking the country dry so that the 1% can get richer and more powerful.

Reactions: schatz

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
If tge Monster v2 had the airflow of the Subtank i would have been happy.

I can do a restrictive Lung hit on the Orchid v3 and the Kayfun Mini V3.

My Monster v2 would not even deliver a restrictive Lung hit.

I must have had a dud.

I don't know , i suppose it's possible , i got the below model , extremely airy but it can feel restrictive if you over do the cotton wicking .

I replaced my EH Pro Kayfun lite V2 model Kayfuns with the below base.

$3.69 Replacement Base for Kayfun Monster V2 RTA Atomizer - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Amen. I am prepped to vape a solid 5 -7 years if i never get a piece of gear. In 7 years i will be 68 years old and may be unable to build because of my left hand or may be legally blind.
that is about the same with me. I have been stockpiling just in the interest of frugality. When I find something I like and it goes on sale I grab one more. Been doing that for 2-3 years. I am not into the latest and greatest and just want to vape until I cannot any more. I know how to build. I have nic in the freezer. I feel like I would be OK if all stopped tomorrow

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Fair enough, i understand where you are coming from. I need to do an honest evaluation of pros and cons of stockpiling now. Like i said before, i wasted a lot of money in the past buying stuff ( just because it was the greatest sale ever ! ) that became obsolete pretty soon after my purchase, or that i don't use any more because my preferences, vaping style, and taste have changed.

I will likely wait until September at least to see what new products the Shenzhen vendors have rushed through to beat the 8/8/2016 deadline !

Put it this way. Prepare . use the stuff you prepped.

save money over jacked up prices later

save money because some States wants 25 cents tax on every single ml of ejuice sold.

Save money by avoiding inflation.

A simple Investment of $500 and you can vape 5-10 years depending on nicotine consumption.

If you decide to stop vaping think of the gear and nicotine you have to sell to those unfortunates who did not prepare and make money on the sale.

The only way you can loose is choose not to prep.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Alternate Delivery systems

cargo.gif

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
I was on the phone today with VapeHappy, a new vendor to me, to confirm stock levels before ordering. I ended up talking with the owner, who explained to me that they just contracted with the only "FDA compliant" age verification software company to be ready for 8/8. He indicated the the first verification step, possibly the only one, will involve the last four digits of the customer's SS number. If that doesn't fulfill the requirements, they then need a scanned ID that's stored by the third party company. That was somewhat reassuring and it's good to see some are getting proactive right now to cover the near term requirements. I do wonder how many vendors will do so or even stick it out?
I agree. That is reassuring if they only need the last four digits of our Social Security number. On the other hand, OHMs Vape, where I've bought a lot of juice, says they have been advised by their attorney that a photo ID will probably be required. I don't think anyone knows for sure right now, which is why I'm going ahead and stocking up on some essentials.

And, that doesn't even begin to address the problem of a vendor selling a tobacco product to a person living in a state where that transaction would be illegal. Or, whether the credit card company will approve a transaction for what would be, essentially, contraband. Too many unknowns for me to take the gamble.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I paid all my monthly insurance bills last month. I did not go to the doctor, have any car accidents, nor did my house burn down and all I got was receipts and peace of mind. I also added more supplies to my tootle puffing vape gear and all I got was receipts, peace of mind, and enough inventory to last me at least 10 years.
I'm not gonna guess as to what the Federal or state governments may allow me in the future. I already bought my insurance policy.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Considering identity theft is a huge thing, skiing will be a favorite pastime in Hades before I scan and send in a copy of my license. Not gonna happen. Nope nope nope.
There is nothing on your license other than your age, weight, eye, hair color and when the license is good thru that your vendor doesn't already have.

There is Absolutely NOTHING on a license that will help any ID stealer like SS #, or financial information.

And you're not wanting to show your license to the same person you willingly Already give your CC # to?

That makes sense to you?
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I also added more supplies to my tootle puffing vape gear and all I got was receipts, peace of mind, and enough inventory to last me at least 10 years.

We low wattage vapers were fortunate that many things we liked were discontinued a while back, forcing us to get them, most often on clearance, well before this year. A silver lining I suppose.

I did just get four Kanger Subtanks though, as they can be dialed back enough for MTL and I may want some variety in the future. They've been around long enough for some clearances too!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I understand that new products could not legally enter the U.S. market after 8/8/16. My question remains though, why stockpile now, rather than two years from now. A lot could happen in two years, injunctions as a result of law-suits, Cole Bishop passing, new legislation etc... I am just as upset as most people with the FDA overreach, but i'm not convinced yet that the sky will fall on 8/8/2016.
As things get more and more real with time slipping away to enforcement day, there will be runs on products, vendors will likely be unable to keep up with demand from the growing numbers of hoarders, and some vendors will likely just choose to close shop in light of an oppressive market. It's nice to think that things will go our way, and someone will be successful obtaining an injunction or whatever strategy they dream up, but currently, this is the law of the land, and depending on how agressive the FDA comes out of the box on 8/9/16, and how things play out with vaping being treated with the same framework as combustible tobacco, there could very well be nothing but tumbleweeds on the horizon for folks who did not plan ahead.

Personally, I think that they are going to be very aggressive, and make some strong examples out of vendors they find who are not compliant. These folks hate smoking,it's their job to make marketing tobacco products difficult. And I think at least some of them see vaping as just another form of smoking. All of this is just my own personal thoughts on the matter, I am not much of an optimist.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've been using kayfun lite clones that I bought almost 2 years ago. I'm easy on my gear and have never stripped or broken anything. I wrap 1.0-1.4ohm coils and rayon or cotton wicks. I only vape mouth to lung. They have been good to me.

I bought a subtank and ended up giving it away. I can't do subohm and airy draws. My FT order includes Kayfun v3 minis. Mostly for my wife but I have a feeling I'm going to really like them to. Adjustable airflow will be nice. If I like them I'll buy the mini plus version. They v5 clones will be out soon to. Looks like another excellent tank.

From what I've seen on reviews, you can do direct inhale with the v3 but it's not a good tank for chucking giant clouds. I love simple single coil builds so kayfuns are really all I personally need for basically forever.

Original vs clones is a controversial topic around here. Personally, the price of a good clone is too good and the quality I've had has always been solid. My economics say 8 clones for the price of an original makes the decision easy.

I never had shinyitis. I like to wear my stuff out before I buy anything new. If anything I get a little sad retiring a beloved tank or mod. Lol

Perfect advice. Thank you so much. I do enjoy the occasional cloud chucking in the evenings but my all day Vapes are naturally extracted tobaccos at anything between 8-15 watts so a kayfun mini 3 or 4 sounds ideal.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
There is nothing on your license other than your age, weight, eye, hair color and when the license is good thru that your vendor doesn't already have.

There is Absolutely NOTHING on a license that will help any ID stealer like SS #, or financial information.

And you're not wanting to show your license to the same person you willingly Already give your CC # to?

That makes sense to you?
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Give me a copy of a driver's license and I can create all sorts of havoc for the individual, as well as reaping a ton of rewards for me.

Can Someone Steal Your Identity From Your Driver’s License? | Identity Theft | Articles | ID Theft Blog

Driver's License | Identity Theft - Consumer Reports News

Is your driver's license making you vulnerable to identity theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread