Personal VACUUM device, Hmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB_Normal

Jun 14, 2011
So, many cities are passing ordinances against vaping in public places, like restaurants, bars and movie theaters. Also, many companies force you to go outside and vape while you're working inside your hum-drum cubicle. Not that vaping is unhealthy for anyone, at least I don't think so, nor does my Doctor after quitting tobacco cigarettes 7 years ago with E-cigs. So, people are offended by the fact that exhaling what LOOKS like smoke to them. So... what if you had a Personal Vacuum Device? Basically, it is a 3D printed cup that sits in the palm of your hand. It has an extension on it where you connect a flexible tube like for an aquarium pump that leads to a fan and power supply and a regulator mounted on your back on your shirt. Gotta' work on that. Could mount on your belt if you use belts and cover it with a shirt. But anyway, this part on your belt or back contains two 18650 batteries in series. So about 7 Volts. That feeds a 7805 regulator chip that regulates the power to 5 Volts DC that powers a tiny fan. The fan sucks air from the tube mentioned earlier that connects to the cup in your hand. It then pushes that air through a small carbon filter so no vapor is seen. To use it, you just inhale normally from the e-cig, then exhale into your palm where the cup is. The vapor is sucked in and pushed through the carbon filter. NO VAPORS!

I HATE that they get the Nanny-State activists out there spreading lies about E-cigs and vaping and all the lies in the City Council meetings. Us vaping folt go to the meetings and present overwhelming evidence in our favor that is ignored because of the stupid council members wanting to do the PC thing instead of looking at the facts. This is a passive way to resist. At least in some places where it is not obvious what you are doing. Kinda looks like you're a secret agent though when you put your palm to your mouth to exhale. SO WHAT! SCREW THEM!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
While I'm sure that's a cute idea or something I don't find it practical. I don't think many people are going to want to be hooked to tubes and fans and all sorts of stuff in order to vape where it's illegal to do so. I wouldn't use a purple jug either, to be clear.

Personally, I'd rather just follow the laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread