petition needs your signature

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Bless your heart, Les. It's not just the FDA--it's the elections :facepalm:, the non-stop anti-vaping ads on TV (from Still Blowing Smoke--who's financing them, BTW?), the works.
Yeah, I cringe every time I hear the still blowing smoke ads on NPR... Lately I've been trying to put things in perspective for myself. Don't get me wrong, I love vaping, I think it saved me from horrible illnesses later in life, and I think us fighting for it is important. I've just been trying to consider that even though we have government agencies lying to us, and making all of this difficult, we're still so lucky to be where we are. I'm grateful that one of my "major" concerns is fighting for a way to do something I enjoy, in the way I want to do it, as opposed to fighting for my life, or worrying about feeding my family.

My daughter starts kindergarten next week. Thanks to vaping I'm happier and healthier and more able to be involved with everything she does. I'll keep fighting, and educating, every chance I get, and I'm thankful that because of the amazing people here I'm in a position to keep on vaping, even if things get much worse.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah, I cringe every time I hear the still blowing smoke ads on NPR...

Yeah, what's up with that? I only listen to NPR when I'm driving, but I seriously can't stand those ads--non-stop.

I'm grateful that one of my "major" concerns is fighting for a way to do something I enjoy, in the way I want to do it, as opposed to fighting for my life, or worrying about feeding my family.

So true. But this is America, Les. The land of the free, isn't it? I'm so sick and tired of the government telling me what I can and cannot say and do and think. What is happening in this country? Don't answer that. :lol: I just had to take an online sexual harassment course... two hours of sheer agony... :facepalm:

My daughter starts kindergarten next week.

Brace yourself. :D Mine graduated college, in your neighborhood, BTW, but I'll never forget that day when DH and I took her to school for the first time. Take lots of pictures and don't look back. Just run to your car and drive away. ;)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

mammals_porcupine_young_20130511_Lycoming_mlombard.jpg

59,397 :)

Howdy, Toots!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yeah, what's up with that? I only listen to NPR when I'm driving, but I seriously can't stand those ads--non-stop.

So true. But this is America, Les. The land of the free, isn't it? I'm so sick and tired of the government telling me what I can and cannot say and do and think. What is happening in this country? Don't answer that. :lol: I just had to take an online sexual harassment course... two hours of sheer agony... :facepalm:

Brace yourself. :D Mine graduated college, in your neighborhood, BTW, but I'll never forget that day when DH and I took her to school for the first time. Take lots of pictures and don't look back. Just run to your car and drive away. ;)
I'm nervous and excited for her. It's only 3 1/2 hours, and a ten minute walk from the house, heck, I may not even come home :lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'm nervous and excited for her. It's only 3 1/2 hours, and a ten minute walk from the house, heck, I may not even come home :lol:

Careful with that. Someone's liable to think you're there to hook the kids on vaping.... or worse! :w00t:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aww... A rattie!

Hello my dear fellow petitionists. Been gone--too depressed to post. :facepalm:

Hope you're all well!
Hi back at cha. It is good to see you. I do understand being depressed. Who wouldn't be if they are paying attention. At this point all we can really do is pray that the courts will put an end to this madness. Sadly though, the damage has already been done with so many of our long time vendors going out of business. It is almost enough to make one just throw up their hands in defeat but to do that will definitely end any chance of survival.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It is almost enough to make one just throw up their hands in defeat but to do that will definitely end any chance of survival.
I think the powers that be were expecting us to throw up our hands in surrender, kinda like we did when we were smokers.

Surprise!!!! Ain't gonna happen this time! :evil:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think the powers that be were expecting us to throw up our hands in surrender, kinda like we did when we were smokers.

'zactly!!!! I am ashamed of myself for not even trying when they came after me when I smoked. I don't plan on being ashamed of myself over this life saving technology. I refuse to give up without at least giving my best shot.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
'zactly!!!! I am ashamed of myself for not even trying when they came after me when I smoked. I don't plan on being ashamed of myself over this life saving technology. I refuse to give up without at least giving my best shot.
Do NOT be ashamed that we didn't fight back then. We believed the BS that they used to get us to conform to their lies. It was done insidiously, VERY slowly.

We believed them when they said that if we go to having a smoking 'section' in public places, that is all that they would go after. We saw how they pushed us out. We believed them when we were told that SHS was harmful to our loved ones.

We have the internet now. They cannot lie any longer. We have the resources and the medium to find the truth. It is a different world now.

We Will Not Go Quietly.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Good to see you Katya! Don't lose heart, we fight on :) Even though I don't expect any quick resolutions, and here in CA things are going to get worse, I'm encouraged by things like the recent ruling on cigarette packaging. The FDA is so wrong in all of this, I have to believe that reason will win out in the end.

Hey Les, I hadn't heard about the cigarette packaging ruling, what went down on that?

(Tho I cringe at the thought of hoping BT wins something, but it is an easier pill to down since it is mud in the FDA's face):thumb:

59,397:)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
:thumbs:
Thanks Les.
Glad to see the FDA getting beatin' back some, even if it is not a Vape victory. :)
I would think this would either directly apply, or could easily be used as precedence for the vape regulations. If, magically, anything vape related ever gets approved. Definitely if the GF date gets changed.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

1409050721371_wps_33_booboo_the_guine_pig_inst.jpg

Aww... A rattie!

Hello my dear fellow petitionists. Been gone--too depressed to post. :facepalm:

Hope you're all well!
Katya! :wub:
Bless your heart, Les. It's not just the FDA--it's the elections :facepalm:, the non-stop anti-vaping ads on TV (from Still Blowing Smoke--who's financing them, BTW?), the works.
Yes, I thought that's why you were gone. I've thought about you but didn't push it since I figured that was the reason. So very glad you're back. :)

Really happy we don't get NPR here. I have seen a couple of their lying-through-their-teeth ads and man, my BP goes through the roof.

I've been kinda AWOL for the same reasons plus the drought/bug kill of our surrounding forest. It's all dead now and spreading east and north. PG&E and their almighty right to invade your property doing whatever damage they see fit, leaving untold destruction in their wake that might well cost lives should their (likely) be a fire. The devastation to the wildlife is astounding, I can't deal with it.
You do that. Wear a trench coat while there, not likely this winter, and we'll never hear from you again. :lol: Enjoy the moment, and do take pictures. My parents still have the ones the took of me going off the first day, complete with me carrying a bathmat for nap-time. Because of that, I remember nap-time in kindergarten. I rarely did. Turns out I had ADHD back then which eventually led me to being an inadvertent smoker. Go figure, kindergarten.

No, it is not, ever. :)
To add to what Robin said, there is more of us now. Our numbers are larger than before- harder to ignore us or fool us with trickery & deceit.

We Will Not Go Quietly!!!
Please, seriously, make the red part much bigger next time for the sake of truth. :D
I would think this would either directly apply, or could easily be used as precedence for the vape regulations. If, magically, anything vape related ever gets approved. Definitely if the GF date gets changed.
I know it's mundane by now to do so, but agree. :rolleyes: Seems to take a chunk of the FDA's BS against vaping. Wish I knew where the damned pom poms were because I'd give you three lines of them. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread