petition needs your signature

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
If not mistaken, if you sign a petition on CASAA or Change.org you are automatically made a member.:)
Not with Change.org. I'm not entirely sure about CASAA. I will have to look into that. Maybe @JustJulie can verify?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I managed to 'hold court' for a while with about a dozen younger vapers (30-ish yrs old) at a party yesterday. Most of them were completely unaware of the deeming regulation currently in process, and what it might mean for the future of vaping. They're aware of the issue now. :D
A few of them pulled out their phones and signed the petition on the spot. ECF and CASAA may have added a few new members as well. :D
All vowed to pay closer attention to the political side of vaping in the near future. :D

I'm not sure a gathering of myself and two others (non-vapers) qualifies as "holding court", but I did manage a 100% success rate in obtaining signatures at that "gathering". I'm way too old to do anything about gaining family, but I'm gonna have to work on increasing my friends list. :)

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Blond-Cheerleader-Pompoms-66287.gif

Petition · U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products · Change.org

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
I'm not sure a gathering of myself and two others (non-vapers) qualifies as "holding court", but I did manage a 100% success rate in obtaining signatures at that "gathering". I'm way too old to do anything about gaining family, but I'm gonna have to work on increasing my friends list. :)

I was struck by the fact that they knew (or even cared) so little about the political side of vaping. When the conversation eventually turned to money and the amassing of personal wealth they were on top of it. Not about making it, but about having it. Different generation, I guess.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I was struck by the fact that they knew (or even cared) so little about the political side of vaping. When the conversation eventually turned to money and the amassing of personal wealth they were on top of it. Not about making it, but about having it. Different generation, I guess.

Well, I didn't tell the whole story. It helped tremendously that it was my wife and son who had both given up on me quitting smoking after a heart attack almost 20 years ago. Many attempts followed by many failures until I took up vaping. Neither smokes nor vapes, but those are the people that can really help our cause if "the powers that be" actually gave a crap about listening and doing what is right!

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread