sport-race-racer-racing-start_line-finish_line-atan246_low.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

url

Intended picture https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...ZLVAhWExVQKHdIhBuoQMwgmKAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

:w00t: I don't think I can post pictures with the new computer. I tried numerous photos. :cry:

61,112... again... :facepalm:

Waiting for Win10 to update...

FT, if it's just the fan, they can be replaced. Or maybe even a "cooling mat" might help?

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/HAVIT-HV-F20...862011_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1500218819&sr=1-1

(Lots to chose from, just the first link to come up.)

Well, it was just the fan until yesterday afternoon. Then it refused to connect to the internet. :yawn: DH (D not standing for "dear" at the moment) swears we have a cooling pad somewhere and refuses to get another one until he finds that one. :blink: On the other hand, it is his computer that is frying, not mine.

The new one did decide to upload and install the other two updates today. I'll run the O&O Shut Up tomorrow. :)

Bing is interesting but am considering installing Chrome. Not sure what you did @mattiem, but anybody have some thoughts?

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada

url

:w00t: I don't think I can post pictures with the new computer. :cry:

Well, it was just the fan until yesterday afternoon. Then it refused to connect to the internet. :yawn: DH (D not standing for "dear" at the moment) swears we have a cooling pad somewhere and refuses to get another one until he finds that one. :blink: On the other hand, it is his computer that is frying, not mine.

The new one did decide to upload and install the other two updates today. I'll run the O&O Shut Up tomorrow. :)

Bing is interesting but am considering installing Chrome. Not sure what you did @mattiem, but anybody have some thoughts?
I run Chrome on my Asus w/Win10[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I run Chrome on my Asus w/Win10[emoji106]

Thanks, I'm really leaning that way. BTW, we had a fire "next door" go from zero to 11,000+ acres in about 24 hours. This is a very bad year. :cry:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thanks, I'm really leaning that way. BTW, we had a fire "next door" go from zero to 11,000+ acres in about 24 hours. This is a very bad year. :cry:
You don't need to tell me, we have had 6 fires in 2 months and some are still going!

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

url

I am not sure as to what Bing or Chrome are so I guess I am not running them :) I still use Firefox and Thunderbird. This machine might run faster by using programs actually written for it but I am happy with what I am using and I HATE change so hubby set this one up as close to my last one as he could. :D

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
61,114... grr....

I use Firefox on all my machines, under win10 and 7. Have never liked Mickey's browsers - too susceptible to hacking since they're the gorilla in the room. Biggest target gets the most attention. Don't care for Chrome, Mr. G gets enough info on me already without that!

Pics should drag and drop in 10 just like in 7. As will the copy and paste (Ctrl-c to copy, Ctrl-v to paste.)

:lol:

That could also be heat related.

Yeah, bad fire season all over the west. We've not had anything big this side of the mountains, but eastern WA has been hit. And poor Canada!! The result of a really good rainy season, more fuel now that it's dry. (We hit 30 days of no rain yesterday, and seems we're on the way to breaking the record dry streak... in western WA)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
61,134 :yawn:

Yay, bunny hurdling! :D They really get into it, cracks me up. :lol: Rabbits rock big time. :thumb:

I am not sure as to what Bing or Chrome are so I guess I am not running them :) I still use Firefox and Thunderbird. This machine might run faster by using programs actually written for it but I am happy with what I am using and I HATE change so hubby set this one up as close to my last one as he could. :D

From everything I've heard, Firefox is the way to go, I'm just more used to Chrome. :oops:

Thank you everybody for your input. I'll probably hang with what's on here for a couple of more days and then switch. Mostly bing is annoying but there are a few intriguing features.

The fire that couldn't get here? It's now 25,000+ acres. That's in 48 hours. (Getting our smoke yet @Tonee N ?) I was a wildland firefighter and I'm blown away by the current fire behavior, a state of emergency has been declared. Not sure it will do much good since resources are scarce.

One historic town, Mariposa, is under assault tonight and another, Knights Ferry, in a separate fire, is burning down. Trying to figure out how to get the vape stash outta here. :w00t:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Yes I am getting all the smoke here. My smoke detectors have been going on/off since 6am this morning. Thanks.[emoji58]

Humble apologies, ain't fun here either. This fire is unreal. Rim Fire was bad but at least most of it was in uninhabited areas. A lot of people, but mostly defenseless animals, domestic or otherwise, are screwed in this one. Surprise, it started in in an inhabited area. Hope their house burns down. :evil:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

I can do video but not pictures? @DavidOck, drag it? I didn't have to do that with Win 7. How do you do it? :blink: bing is really starting to get me POed and will get Chrome as soon as things calm down. Not sure if that will help with this problem.

@Tonee N, yesterday was bad? :lol: How about today? We were socked in, ash raining down. Fire now 48,000+ acres. :( At least it was pretty cool with all the "shade" we got. We also had 15 teenaged turkeys, with moms, show up in the yard today just after they raided the neighbor's fenced blackberry patch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spent the day packing up to evacuate. Evacuation is eminent a quarter mile from here, the highway being the boundary. If I'm not here, we're at a shelter with no connection. If you don't hear from me for a couple of weeks, power and/or internet connection is down. I've deliberately not mentioned it on the porch but if someone eventually asks, @DavidOck or @mattiem, could you please mention it? It would be much appreciated. :wub:

Do you guys have any idea how much danged vaping stash you have to ream into a little car with a big dog to make you feel safe? I highly resent it seeing as staying off cigs outweighs taking some irreplaceable mementoes with us. I wanted to quit smoking for over 40 years, I finally did it with a lot of effort and misery, and now some of my stuff can never be replaced "because of the children." :-x

Users who are viewing this thread