Post 8-8-16 Stock Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
@Mrmik - I've gained 22lbs. since quitting smoking and going to vaping only in Jan. 2014. Went from 1 - 1 1/2 PAD for 42 years, to vaping 6mg eliquids. Did not change my diet at all (the amount of food I eat, the types of foods I eat, when I eat, etc.), the amount of exercise I get...nor anything else. I also take thyroid meds, but had been on the same dosage for the last 23 years, with my weight never changing more than 2-3 pounds up or down, in that time period. Then I quit smoking, and in the last 2 1/2 years have gradually added the 22 pounds.

My endochronologist won't change my meds to help with the weight gain (nor other symptoms I'm having related to thyroid issues now that I quit smoking). He told me that quitting smoking changes your whole metabolism. That's why even many people who didn't replace smoking with eating more, nor eating snacks and other things as smoking replacements, will still gain the weight. So...maybe that's what's happened to you, too!

Since he won't adjust my meds, I'm considering raising my nic level in my DIY eliquids. I want to see if that makes a difference in my weight, and in my energy level that's been way down since quitting smoking.

I'll be interested in hearing if your weight changes if you adjust your nic level.

I started vaping Jan 1 2014 and weaned down to the last cig June 30. My weight was the same for 1 1/2 years until last winter when I started 0 nic.
I have been eating the same portions and so on, not increasing on the food intake. I should know the answer in 6 months or so.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Looking for any chinks in my vape armor now to keep on vaping for ever. So far so good on mods, MTL tanks, and need just a bit more nic since I don't want to drop my nic level all day. The three big items always seem to be the same Big 3, nic, mods that last and toppers- tanks or drippers. So how good are Kayfuns for lasting? I think I have 5 of Kayfun Lite and 6 Kayfun mini, is 11 enough? I have parts and extra glass, metal tanks too. I guess I need to know what is the weakest piece/ part in these tanks.

I'm not an expert in Kayfuns since I only got some Lite+'s a month ago. I figured the plastic tank sections might be a weak point. They have super fine threads, and I've heard people talk about them stripping. Plus they are plastic so they might be vulnerable to certain juices. I got a bunch of them from FT for 60c each. The other parts I stocked up on were top and bottom insulators. The o-rings and screws are available from non-vaping suppliers. The metal tank parts are made of pretty thick steel so they should last well.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and a heart murmur. Last time my blood pressure was checked was the beginning of July when I was in the hospital with my hip bursitis. It was 124/57.

My resting heart rate used to stay over 100. Freaked my doctor out one time because it was 117 after sitting in the waiting room for a while. Since I quit smoking, it stays under 100 most of the time. :) (even though I have gained a lot of weight since I quit :grr: )

I also have asthma. I used to wheeze myself to sleep EVERY night. Vaping stopped that!

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Sign me up for the hyperthyroid club I guess...

You all are way lower on the nic than me. I was sub ohming 18 mg for a while, then 15, lasted about a year at 12. Just started buying 6 and that doesn't even really do it for me, mixing the 12 and 6 bottles for 9. 9mg is perfect for me right now... Might keep a straight 6 in one tank for late night.

Had the same experience you all did with melatonin. Knocked me right out... and kept me out.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    Looking for any chinks in my vape armor now to keep on vaping for ever. So far so good on mods, MTL tanks, and need just a bit more nic since I don't want to drop my nic level all day. The three big items always seem to be the same Big 3, nic, mods that last and toppers- tanks or drippers. So how good are Kayfuns for lasting? I think I have 5 of Kayfun Lite and 6 Kayfun mini, is 11 enough? I have parts and extra glass, metal tanks too. I guess I need to know what is the weakest piece/ part in these tanks.

Sorry can't answer your Kayfun question. Thanks to all you enablers ;) I did buy one Kayfun V5 but I still haven't tried it out. Figure I'll save it for down the road when I feel the need for something new and different. :)

I decided my weakest link is factory coils for a couple of my tanks that can use them. I'll rebuild the majority of the time for as long as I can and I'm fine as far as RBA's go for long into the future but there's a lot of reasons that rebuilding may not always be possible. I've got lots of 510 attys and cartos for my Reo's and a decent supply of PT2 coils but I'm thinking that I may get a few more coils for my STM and Melo III mini when FT has their next sale. I'd rather have and not need then to someday be without ;) .

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto

If they are clones, the threads might go and lead to leaking ... if they are authentic Svoemesto, they will likely last many years ... I'm guessing 20+ with oring and screw replacements.

Sent via iPhone

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    If they're real the Kayfun Lites and minis should last until you lose the screws..
    If you build them right they won't leak..stress right.
    If I were you I'd looksie for the o-ring list (ask Robino1, I know she has the link handy)
    and get some spare o-rings and screws.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and a heart murmur. Last time my blood pressure was checked was the beginning of July when I was in the hospital with my hip bursitis. It was 124/57.

My resting heart rate used to stay over 100. Freaked my doctor out one time because it was 117 after sitting in the waiting room for a while. Since I quit smoking, it stays under 100 most of the time. :) (even though I have gained a lot of weight since I quit :grr: )

I also have asthma. I used to wheeze myself to sleep EVERY night. Vaping stopped that!
    Your bursitis get any better? I have the same. So glad quiting smoking helped your BP!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Thanks for the help on Kayfun's I do have rebuild kits for them and extra tanks, O rings, extra bases bell caps and all. I may pick up another just incase. I have other tanks too just been thinking the Kayfun's are my long term stash. I don't know if they are authentic or clones but they all have Svoemesto on them and the boxes. If they are clones they are well made. I have one Ephro I know is a clone.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Thanks for the help on Kayfun's I do have rebuild kits for them and extra tanks, O rings, extra bases bell caps and all. I may pick up another just incase. I have other tanks too just been thinking the Kayfun's are my long term stash. I don't know if they are authentic or clones but they all have Svoemesto on them and the boxes. If they are clones they are well made. I have one Ephro I know is a clone.
    If they're clones the o-ring size on some of the o-rings may not match.
    The most important are the top and bottom tank o-rings and the chimney top if required.
    That they say Svoesmesto on them doesn't necessarily mean they're authentic. A good clone clones it all.
    I'd make sure it all fits. :)

Regards,
    Hazy

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    All mine are EHPros and they all replicate the logo and wording of the Svoemestos on the bottom. The boxes though, say EHPro, with the exception of the two that came with nano kits- they have the Svoemesto logo on the box.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    All mine are EHPros and they all replicate the logo and wording of the Svoemestos on the bottom. The boxes though, say EHPro, with the exception of the two that came with nano kits- they have the Svoemesto logo on the box.
    And my Ehpro clones all just have a Ehpro logo on the bottom with no Svoemesto markings at all. Great clones BTW. For $5, they are almost as good as my authentics...

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    He has to use the walker because he can't lift his legs and the walker supports his body weight. Trust me these past 2 weeks have been a nightmare. So for my sake one step at a time approach is were we are at!

I hope things get better for you guys soon. Poor kiddo.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    If they're clones the o-ring size on some of the o-rings may not match.
    The most important are the top and bottom tank o-rings and the chimney top if required.
    That they say Svoesmesto on them doesn't necessarily mean they're authentic. A good clone clones it all.
    I'd make sure it all fits. :)

Regards,
    Hazy
    Hard to know, I bought authentics but not sure if they are? The Kayfun Lite plus are beautifully machined so hoping they are authentic, just the one Ephro I know is a clone. I have not tried one yet so that is my next project :)

DebiK

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2014
    Georgia
    Your bursitis get any better? I have the same. So glad quiting smoking helped your BP!
    It doesn't bother me all of the time. If I sit the wrong way or stand on a hard surface too long, I will have problems for a couple weeks. Then it might be a few months before it hits me again. I ended up in the ER cause the pain was more than I could take. Hubby had to get me dressed just so we could go. I screamed just lifting my leg an inch so he could get my pant leg under my foot.

I've never had high BP. Most of my life it's been on the low side. Just stated mine 'cause others were. lol. My resting heart rate has fallen since vaping. :) And the constant coughing and wheezing has stopped. :)

DebiK

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2014
    Georgia
    Ordered 2 sets of LG HG2s at 101Vape for $23.99, including shipping. $11 a pair is great! Only $1.99 shipping. Yay!

What is weird though...I was thinking of ordering a couple of 26650s for my Presa. If I ordered all 6 batteries together, the shipping would be $5.99. Placing two orders, it's $3.98. I really hate when shipping goes that way. And yes, $2 is a big deal to me. That's how I'm programmed. :p

ETA- It goes up because it switches to Priority. I just wanted to clear up that I know "why." lol

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread