Quitting smoking immediately. Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
First welcome. What you're going to do will be hard (quitting), but learning about vaping isn't.

As for what to start with I'll let the smarter ones address that, and I'm certain they will.

You're over the first hump though. Sounds like you want to quit, and that's important. You may slio but that's no biggie. Just keep your mind made up.

The nic level kinda depends on what you buy and if it's sub ohm (not best for beginners), and if you inhale direct to lung, or mouth to lung (like smoking a cig).

Sit back, there will be more questions for you. Answer them and I know these guys will answer.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Not much less expensive than cigarettes but Juul is available most everywhere. High Nic level (45 mg?) but would be you a good idea of what you are getting into along with time to pick other equipment. If this gets you thru a week or so then go with Mouth to Lung tank and a decent mod.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Mouth to lung: inhaling vapor into your mouth before taking into your lungs. Pretty much how you'd smoke a cig.

Direct to lung bypasses holding it in the mouth.

MOD is the device. Regulated MODS have an electronic chip (look for a display) that regulates the voltage/wattage for the coil resistance. Mechanical MODS have no such chip and are (basically) a battery with a switch, on/off. Very important to know OHMs law and know battery safety. Not recommended for beginners.

There's much more to both. More than I profess to know.

You do need to get familiar with batteries, safety with said batteries, and you should have an understanding of ohms law even if you (and you should) end up with a regulated mod. There are all kinds, and, well, I don't know all of them.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Vaping is a technique that takes a bit to learn before you get a good vape out of your hitter. As for buying gear, try to get a hitter that doesn't have internal batts. Its worth the extra cost to get a charger and batts. You can just about get any hitter that you want...they all fire attys. Its the atty, how low the ohms on the coil are, how much are the refill coils and are the coils accessible and easy to come by. Some coil heads are 4-8 bucks each and others are much less so again atty choice is crucial.
I'm too old school and have really bought no gear for the last couple years to suggest anything really but its been the subtank mini but using the RBA that we use that has performed flawlessly and kept my wife quiet since it showed up in our house.

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
Juul and Vuse are widely available in gas stations if you need to stop immediately. I'd look at Innokin T18 or T22 for no fuss starter kits which are exponentially better. Aspire makes highly recommended devices as well. You'd probably have to buy these over the internet.

btw ... Welcome to the forum!

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Batteries are another roll of the dice when buying from a B&M. Chances are they are going to be clones even if the vendor knows it or not. There are reputable sites to get batts from. Researching a bit before is a great idea so your not "deer in the headlights" when the clerk starts selling to you and all you can do is nod and agree. Some clerks don't know nothing about what they are selling and will BS you to make the sale so having some background so you make a intelligent buy and not a impulse buy on the clerks recommendation.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Have a look:

Aspire Zelos 50W - Sub Ohm Tank - Atomizers

The Zelos kit is a mouth to lung setup. Highly recommended by us ECF types.

Or this:

Endura T22 Starter Kit

Another reliable performer with many ECF owners.

And my favorite, this:

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC Full Kit with Melo 3 - Pico, Pico Mega, 200W - Eleaf - Mods

I'm steering you towards these three because they're reliable, they're very forgiving of newbies and all three have a lot of users here. If you get one of these and have questions about it, asking here is likely to get a quick response from someone who knows the setup and is likely to help.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. Vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking, so don't be concerned about the safety. It is the best decision you have ever made. Rather than giving you a list of what I recommend to new vapers, I am giving you links to @Baditude's Blog posts that will explain things in great detail, with photos. If you see a set-up you are interested in, ask questions and someone will come to your rescue. Start with the first link - Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper and take a look at what he has posted there. Keep it simple is my only real advice. Good luck!

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger
Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded) Battery?

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
Welcome I have attempted quitting a few times and succeeded a few times for extended periods. Currently been vaping for about two years. I find the first two weeks the hardest, now this is just my opinion but I think that we are also addicted to the 40,000 other chemicals in cigarettes organic tobbacco or not. I crave more than the nicotine the first couple weeks which sometimes I can quench by ramping up my nicotine and for some reason, flavored toothpicks.. but yeah man after the first couple weeks and your straight on the vape it's a lot easier!!! Best of luck!!!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Have a look:

Or this:

Endura T22 Starter Kit

And my favorite, this:

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC Full Kit with Melo 3 - Pico, Pico Mega, 200W - Eleaf - Mods

I'm steering you towards these three because they're reliable, they're very forgiving of newbies and all three have a lot of users here. If you get one of these and have questions about it, asking here is likely to get a quick response from someone who knows the setup and is likely to help.

@Jsoc40

+2 on the Aspire Zelos kit with the Nautilus 2 tank.

That one will probably be best for you. It will give you a good satisfactory vape to mimic smoking well for you..

I'd vape with 18mg of nicotine, a 70vg/30 pg mix to start. This won't be too hard on your throat to start, but has enough pg that your coil will wick it.

And I'm going to go off the beaten track here, but this here is a good second choice if money's tighter.

Vision Spinner II 1600mAh T3S Starter Kit | PLUS 30ml eJuice

The draw on that might not be quite as satisfactory, but it's definitely doable you will just need a 50vg/50pg mix on that, but 18mg of nicotine to start should be satisfactory, you can try that to start and if it's not enough go to 24mg.

Here is a good place for some juice:

ECBlend Flavors | E-Liquid | Vape & E-Cigarettes

An other excellent choice is here:
Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Or you could try this here if you have too difficult a time getting away from the smokes:
Whole Tobacco Alkaloid WTA Eliquid Ejuice

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Have a look:

Or this:

Endura T22 Starter Kit

And my favorite, this:

Everything CC said. Welcome to ECF. Glad you found us.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to ECF. Congrats on deciding to put the cigs down for good. A lot of information has been given. There are some really great threads on here that also will provide good info. I would suggest keeping an open mind, research what you want and ask lots of questions. Again, welcome.

Jerry

camper_boy

Sep 27, 2017
Hi Justin, if you read the thread I stared called Complete Numpty/Novice on E-cigs it will point you in the right direction.

I know it's personal choice, but if you get the same setup as me it will be easy for you.

It mimics smoking, your not even going to notice the difference... The only difference is you want stink like an ashtray.

Always buy 2 if you can, because if one fails you
probably be reaching for the fags.

Good luck.

Best

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread