Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
I haven't used a spaced coil in years... I'm tight wrapping a micro directly on the wick. I've heard spaced may be better in regard to getting it juicy, but I use a bottom feeder so I don't have that problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I really say years? I must be going crazy- I only started vaping last February! Lol let's say, a while than :D lol

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
I like the DarkZero jig and use it to wrap all my coils. The 2mm arrived this am and I re-wicked both RM2's and a KFL+. I snipped a little angle on xc and it slid right in the 1/16 coil. Absolutely no taste from the xc. I am getting more than double the toots per squonk than I was with the cotton. Cotton was bothering my throat and so far the xc isn't giving my throat any probs. Will use some more and report back later.

So far I like it.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I ordered (and received) a one-foot length of it. It came all packaged up very neatly in a sealed package with a business card and a couple of stickers. They're shooting for very professional here ( I like) and it seems like it's all pre-packaged in the various lengths. To me, seeing how it is packaged when it comes explains why they can't/won't/don't want to break it up and piece it out.

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I like the DarkZero jig and use it to wrap all my coils. The 2mm arrived this am and I re-wicked both RM2's and a KFL+. I snipped a little angle on xc and it slid right in the 1/16 coil. Absolutely no taste from the xc. I am getting more than double the toots per squonk than I was with the cotton. Cotton was bothering my throat and so far the xc isn't giving my throat any probs. Will use some more and report back later.

So far I like it.

sweeet that's what i wanted to hear :D

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Follow-up to my earlier post today.

The 2mm came this morning and I re-wicked 2 RM2's, 2 KFL+'s and an Atomic. Been vaping all day and I must admit I'm impressed! The 2mm slides right in the 1/16th coils and I wrapped a 2.5mm coil for the 3mm XC which I put in one of the KFL+'s. This wick has NO taste so the flavor of the juice is excellent.

The primary reason I tried XC was because of a throat irritation I was having, similar to Dimetrious (The Vapin Greek). Well after vaping all day I am having ZERO throat issues!! That makes me very happy!! My 2 Woodys/RM2's have 1.1 ohm coils, Provari/KFL+ has1.3 ohm coil, Silver Bullet/KFL+ has 1 ohm coil and Nemesis/Atomic has 0.7 ohm coil. All are performing extremely well!!

Now we'll see how this stuff does long term. The cotton is easy but I had to change it daily. The cotton sucked the juice faster but the XC holds more. Even after boiling the cotton I could still taste it. First, and foremost, my throat isn't bothering me anymore!!!

So far WIN, WIN,WIN!!!

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Does anyone know if this wicks as fast and as well as cotton? how do these wicks handle .2~.3 ohm builds on drippers? also does anyone have some pics of there wick set up on a dripper not sure how long to make the wick or where to lay / place them

When you first use it takes a little time, 10 to 15 minutes, until the wick is completely saturated. Once it is it wicks as good or better than cotton or silica. It also holds a lot of juice.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Thank you Tim. I've been on the fence on trying for quite awhile.
I have had nothing but the greatest experience w/cotton. I've never complained even once. Yes I know what a throat scorch dry hits can be with cotton, and yes I've regularly burned em in half, but I really hated the taste of silica. The cost and ease of cotton have been my favorites about that wick.

That being said, xc came in today and everything is re-wicked and kicking major tail!
Taste=better, absorbtion rate=better, durability=better, dry hit=a welcome change.
RBAsupplies even threw in some smarties candy, I ate it immediately:)
I used the screw in method to my existing coils , thanks beast;) I also cut a slight angle to help start it. my wicks are very short and it doesn't droop the way cotton does. But even with the wick not touching the floor it still sucks it right up.
Excellent purchase for me. WINNING!!!

My coils and other variables for reference.
.6 Mundy's Magic .55micro 2mm xc ceramic wick 3/32 air hole Igo-S (this flavor setup is plain redonkulous) 6mg 30/70nn 7% patchouli vanilla nn
.8 Rene41 .55micro 2mm xc ceramic wick 1/16 air hole RM2 (this flavor setup is punchy) 6mg 30/70nn 5% sweet orange flavor

:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I've been a die-hard advocate of cotton since the beginning, and I must say that I'm REALLY liking this stuff. I have a couple of RM2s wicked with it -- one at . 9 and one at 1.1, and they're vaping great. There is NO taste at all except the flavor of the juice, and they do seem to give me more hits between squonks than cotton does. I just dry burned one, and it was just as good as new after. I'm impressed.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I've been a die-hard advocate of cotton since the beginning, and I must say that I'm REALLY liking this stuff. I have a couple of RM2s wicked with it -- one at . 9 and one at 1.1, and they're vaping great. There is NO taste at all except the flavor of the juice, and they do seem to give me more hits between squonks than cotton does. I just dry burned one, and it was just as good as new after. I'm impressed.

me too. using .6 on rm2s on reo. nice. I am liking better than cotton I usually use. wicks very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread