Status
Not open for further replies.

JBL-37

Banana's
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Washington State
Well I just received my 3 ft piece, rewicked my rm2 and been vaping on it for an hour or so. Can't say I'm a convert yet, having muted flavor and a very odd taste.

Going to try another setup and if its the same it's coming out... Not impressed at all so far.

Edit:
I'm back on the cotton, second go around was the same as the first unfortunately. I'm not totally giving up on it yet, I'll try some more tomorrow... I'm off to bed with my head hanging low tonight... Was all excited, you peeps made it sound so good...

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I've been a die-hard advocate of cotton since the beginning, and I must say that I'm REALLY liking this stuff. I have a couple of RM2s wicked with it -- one at . 9 and one at 1.1, and they're vaping great. There is NO taste at all except the flavor of the juice, and they do seem to give me more hits between squonks than cotton does. I just dry burned one, and it was just as good as new after. I'm impressed.

Really glad everyone is liking it as much as I am ........
I try to be cautious before giving something a rave review but this time I just knew there is no way someone could NOT like it.

And I hated .... absolutely hated cotton ......... so this is a life saver.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yeh, Tim......I was surprised that I liked it so much....I wasn't prepared to. I have loved cotton, and bamboo, too. I hated silica, so I really wasn't expecting to like this. Cost-wise it probably comes out about even since cotton is practically free....even if you change wicks every hour. But this will be less hassle for sure if I don't have to fiddle with it. Using 28 gauge wire has meant that my coils last and last. Now with a wick that lasts just as long....hmmm....I'm going to have to find something to feed my obsession. Vaping is just getting too darned easy! :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
This is why I love this group of people .......

Until I posted this I was pulling my build every few days and torching the wick then rewrapping a new coil over it.

Still old school coiler here :)

I see all these posts about dry burning bringing it right back to new ...... This morning when I would normally be going through that hassle I decide to take the 1 minute to dry burn it ....... Holy crap its like new .......

I could see a build lasting weeks or months with this stuff.

JBL-37

Banana's
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Washington State
It was in an rm2 on my reo grand with strawberry kiwi. First time I pulled the cotton did a dry burn on the coil and slid the wick it right in, no flavor from juice and a funny taste for over an hour. Made a new coil and experienced the same thing. Coils were .7 standard and 1.3 micro and yes they were allowed to sit.

I'm off to work but I'll be trying again tonight.

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
It was in an rm2 on my reo grand with strawberry kiwi. First time I pulled the cotton did a dry burn on the coil and slid the wick it right in, no flavor from juice and a funny taste for over an hour. Made a new coil and experienced the same thing. Coils were .7 standard and 1.3 micro and yes they were allowed to sit.

I'm off to work but I'll be trying again tonight.
I stuck a pin into the wick as an anchor and wrapped my coil around it fairly tight. I then got good flavor.

The first one I made tried wrapping real loose and got bad flavor or I should say, no flavor really, and not much vapor from it.. I think the coil has to be tighter around the wick for it to wick correctly.

I am using the same setup as you.. rms with reo grand .6 ohm coil using 28g kanthal. 4 wraps.. hardly any tail hanging out of coil. coils are spaced a little more than I would usually make.. Usually they are tight against one another. I spaced these out a bit. Hope that helps you get some good flavor..
PS> im using the 3mm

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I received the 2mm in the mail yesterday.
I concur with previous mention that very nicely packaged, professional, with card info.
I have been using XC132 exclusively from another vendor for the last 6 months coverting from cotton, and wanted to see if there was a difference in Kiln treated at 750 degrees vs. over 2000 degrees RBA claims.
Appearance wise they look exactly the same however when I cut a piece I could tell a difference right away. The new stuff made a cleaner cut and felt a little tighter and more dense than the old. I made up a coil/wick using my needle insert/ direct wrap method. 8 tight wraps of 29guage at 1.2 ohms. I made sqounks to moisten the wick and noticed it swelled up faster and absorbed more juice than my previous xc132!
Gave it a few vapes and after a few break in hits it was producing plumes of nice clean flavor vapor! So my conclusion is that this XC is better than the "other" brand. The people out there that have discovered XC before this thread made it a hot item do yourselves a favor and try this in 2mm size. It's perfect!!
All you folks that are making the cotton XC crossover be prepared to say to yourselves " why didn't I try this sooner"?
No daily hassles, replacing etc. ( I've preached this all before) and each setup will EASILY last a month. Just dryburn routinely and always looks clean and new especially if you vape unflavored of lighter juices.
All you new XC lovers.. welcome and enjoy!!!! :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So a couple more days in and thanks go out to Filthy and Blue... The "slim" is working pretty good in the 1/16" micro coil I built. It hasn't gunked up as fast either. Unfortunately, (or fortunately), my Cyclone will be taking a brief vacation as I am trading my mini for a grand with another REOnaut, so it will be a few days til the grand arrives. Sometime mid next week. So I dusted off the Origin/Aqua combo and re-wicked the coils I had in it with the "slim" and its not vaping too awfully bad at the moment!! I think it will be ok for a few days. Glad to see everyone is having somewhat pleasant experiences with it so far... Big thank you to Tim though, without his good review we wouldn't have known about this for a while longer I would suspect... Thanks Tim!!!

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I just did a dry burn on one of my set ups. Put it on an old Vamo at 3.5 volts and did 5 second bursts until it quit smoking. Put it back on the Reo and it' stood as new. This stuff is great.

As others have said many thanks to Tim and Filthy for the encouragement through glowing reviews to get me to try this.

predwing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
TriCites Tennessee
Well I just received my 3 ft piece, rewicked my rm2 and been vaping on it for an hour or so. Can't say I'm a convert yet, having muted flavor and a very odd taste.

Going to try another setup and if its the same it's coming out... Not impressed at all so far.

Edit:
I'm back on the cotton, second go around was the same as the first unfortunately. I'm not totally giving up on it yet, I'll try some more tomorrow... I'm off to bed with my head hanging low tonight... Was all excited, you peeps made it sound so good...

I had the same experince when I used, but I keep at it and the flavor came back (or at least I thought) However cotton is cheap, easy to get, and does a great job so I just stay with cotton

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I changed 5 of mine over yesterday morning and been using them ever since. No throat probs, no wick taste and they aren't getting the least bit "dirty" yet. I'm going to use a "dirtier" juice just so I can see how this stuff cleans up!!

This is exciting to hear! I always felt like cotton was giving my throat irritations and I never liked how my wick could burn if I don't keep it saturated.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
took a couple shots of readyxwick 2mm build. mounted on Hornet & RM2
IMG_00000213.jpg IMG_00000214.jpg IMG_00000231.jpg IMG_00000233 (1).jpg

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I wish it was in stock, i'm getting so sick of cotton. I feel like it's always hit or miss, takes forever to break in for me.. it's all I can taste for a day or so. I feel like it messes with my throat/mouth too

That's how I feel with cotton it's either a hit or miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread