Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
After cleaning the REO, including removing the inside screw, does anyone experience any issues with the metal switch shifting? If so, is there a reasonable way to isolate it so it doesn't move?

No, mine is pretty snug. If it becomes too problematic, you should P.M. Rob. He might know of a simple fix.

InhaleGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I am electro-challenged like some of the other peeps on here. So thank the gods for basilrays video. How to use a multimeter. This is how I learned.

Thanks so much for that link! I'm going to get a multimeter today! He covered how to test the atty's, but what settings do you use to test AW IMR 14500 3.7V 600mah batteries. Also if someone could chime in to the numbers I'm looking to get for the batteries and also the LR306 Cisco atty's to make sure they are working good, maybe a range of what is considered good and what is bad. Thanks so much!

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
Anyone with info on the range of numbers I'm to look for when testing atty's? The LR306 1.5's and 2.0's to be specific. I understand that they should be 1.5 or 2.0, but what does a high number mean or a low number mean? Sorry, I'm a total newb with atty's and especially testing them! Thanks

Your atty should read around what it is reated at + or - .3 ohms. Like a standard joye will range around 2.2 to 2.5 usually.
Cisco atty's are uslually spot on because he tests them before they are shipped the ones I have tested spot on when I got them. I had one that changed resistance after about 2 weeks of heavy use and it dropped down from 1.5 to 1.1 ohms so I tossed it. Ikenvape atty's are also usually spot on their rating. Most times if they die on you they will not read anything or they will give you some crazy high ohms like 20 to 30 ohms. I have seen people say they have jumped up into the hundreds of ohms when they went bad but I haven't had one go that high myself.

You will get a feel for it the more you use and practice with your meter. Test every thing you can get your hands on and you will learn about your meter and your equipment variances.

Hope that helps you!

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Anyone with info on the range of numbers I'm to look for when testing atty's? The LR306 1.5's and 2.0's to be specific. I understand that they should be 1.5 or 2.0, but what does a high number mean or a low number mean? Sorry, I'm a total newb with atty's and especially testing them! Thanks

Hi InhaleGal. The lower number means there is less resistance allowing for more power to pump through your atomizer. This is what we would call a "hotter" vape. The benefit is there is a warmth to the vapor and it can sometimes improve the throat hit and flavor of tobacco flavors. The downside is that for sweet flavors, its too hot and tends to cook some of the flavors out, so-to-speak. So sometimes 2.0 is more appropriate. Of course, this is all subjective and only you will know what ohm level you like.

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
I've been having trouble with the o-ring coming out of the cap due to expansion. Apparently not that uncommon of a problem vaping certain juices. Well, working 12 hour shifts at a very dirty place and playing with an o-ring just doesn't mix. I got frustrated the other night at work and just put it over the neck of the bottle below the threads and put the cap back on wondering if I could make it to the end of my shift without panicking. Low and behold, it worked without a hitch. No air getting in, no problems getting juice to the atty, no problems whatsoever!! This is now how I use it all the time. Hoping this helps others with the same problem. Frustration solved!:thumbs:

dcassidy1214

Mar 4, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
I would like to know a good place to get a longer drip tip or possibly another fix for my Grand. I currently use a Cisco 306 LR atty. and sometimes get a small splash of hot liquid on my tongue. I know this could be caused by a bit too much juice in the drip tip, and taking too big of pulls. But I a full tip and I love taking those big pulls. Can anyone recommend a good fix such as a good place to get some sort of an extension or a longer drip tip. I've found longer drip tips but none in the clear or of the transparent sort. (I like to see my juice) And while I'm asking questions, would it be close to the same vape to switch to a 510 LR atty? Other than that issue (which is of my own doing) my Grand is my new BFF! lol We go everywhere together and I'm always holding her hand.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I would like to know a good place to get a longer drip tip or possibly another fix for my Grand. I currently use a Cisco 306 LR atty. and sometimes get a small splash of hot liquid on my tongue. I know this could be caused by a bit too much juice in the drip tip, and taking too big of pulls. But I a full tip and I love taking those big pulls. Can anyone recommend a good fix such as a good place to get some sort of an extension or a longer drip tip. I've found longer drip tips but none in the clear or of the transparent sort. (I like to see my juice) And while I'm asking questions, would it be close to the same vape to switch to a 510 LR atty? Other than that issue (which is of my own doing) my Grand is my new BFF! lol We go everywhere together and I'm always holding her hand.

I only use the XL tips and still get the hot splash occasionally, so I can't answer your first question. However....I can say that the LR510 is a completely different vape, IMO. I switch back and forth between the two every few weeks or so just to change things up. They both work well...and to me it seems they bring out different levels of flavor. I think it would be worth a try. :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I was actually thinking about doing just that. I'll go and order some right now.

Some people swear by the Cisco LR 306, but I just can't make them work as well as Cisco 510s 1.5Ω or 2.0Ω
I like the draw better on the Cisco 510s and the flavor .... Plus I never get the flooded or dry hits.

I find the 306 very temperamental, I have to keep them so wet to avoid a burnt hit that I get juice sometimes with any DT.
It seems such a fine line between not wet enough and too wet.

The Cisco 510s perform wonderful on the any REO. I use 1.5Ω for tobacco flavors, and 2.0Ω for sweet flavors.

I think some people look down on them because they used other 510s then the Cisco 306 seemed wonderful.
A Cisco 510 does not perform like "other" 510 attys ... It's much better.
Good luck.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
I had this problem tonight...when I slid the door off to switch out the battery, I noticed that the magnet had come off the door and was stuck on the other magnet on the unit.

Well, I put the magnet back in it's place and pushed it in... but I placed the battery incorrectly (wrong polarity) and now the door would not fall into place over the magnet on the unit:facepalm:

Now, why in the world would the magnet come off. Well, I have a habit of clicking the door up and down as I hold it, and I hold my mini dearly practically all day long!:vapor: I guess all of the friction loosened it over the past two weeks. Now, anything out of the ordinary happens to my mini and right away I email our fearless vaper, Robert.

Anyways, I got a small piece of duct tape and rubbed it over the spot with the magnet...after several times, viola! The magnet came up on the tape, and I was able to place the magnet back on the door correctly.

Of course in the meantime, dear Rob emailed me back some suggestions - one being that when replacing the battery, use a dab of super glue. I heart Rob:)

All is well in Reoville.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Firing Button Unintentionally Locking Quick Fix:

i just spoke with rob about the locking pin locking unintentionally and here is what he told me:

it happens, not with all reo's but with some, and if it is bothersome to us that he will gladly tighten the button up for us (which he suggests we not do ourselves) if only we pay for shipping. But here is his suggested quick fix we can do at home.

simply take a pair of small tweezers with a flat edge, and push the locking pin into the button. it should push that pin all the way into the button. you will not be able to lock your reo, but this will definitely eliminate the unintentional locking of your reo.

personally, i told rob he would not be seeing my reo anytime soon, a week without my reo is far worse than my reo without a lock.

I had to send my Reo mini for repair and asked Rob to remove the locking pin when he installed the new button but he didn't. I don't know if he forgot or what. He didn't say either way.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

The CherryVape Clear Cannon might be just what you want. Cannon | Drip Tips | E- | Cigs | Cigarettes | Cisco 306 | Cherry Vape

They just recently redesigned them, rather made out of more heat resistant materials. I beta tested one for two weeks and it did not cloud up or crack. And you can certainly see the juice.

Alice

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
I had to send my Reo mini for repair and asked Rob to remove the locking pin when he installed the new button but he didn't. I don't know if he forgot or what. He didn't say either way.

Did you send the mini with a covering letter explaining that you wanted that done as well?

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY

I'm sure it was an oversight, as you know Rob goes out of his way to help in any way he can.
He's so gosh darn busy I don't know how he keeps it all straight.
Sorry bout that though.

When I had to send one back I put a post-it note right in the mod :)

dcassidy1214

Mar 4, 2011
Tulsa, Ok

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Hey everyone!

I finally had a chance to really put the mini through a good rigorous test this weekend. Spent the weekend with my parents, screaming nieces/nephews, and a 3 hour car ride both directions on a boring, routine stretch of nothing to look at highway. :facepalm: Needless to say, the mini got some serious bonding time with me!

I discovered that while "squonking", if you use a carto instead of an atty, you don't wanna squonk so long that you see the juice collect in the cup. If you do, you flood the carto really bad. I give the bottle a really light squeeze, 1 second at the longest, and then vape. Doesn't flood, but gives great flavor!!

Just wanted to throw this out to the peeps that use cartos instead. IDK if it will help anyone out, but it seems to be working flawlessly for me. If I let the cup bubble, I flood the carto everytime.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Recently had my mini.and love it but I was wondering how often you have to add that stuff onto the firing pin, also what exactly is it?

This is from the makers of Naolox site:
•Anti-oxidant and anti-seizing compound
•Reduces galling and seizing on aluminum conduit joints
•Suspended zinc particles penetrate and cut aluminum oxide
•Carrier material excludes air to prevent further oxidation
•Improves service life of aluminum electrical applications

Apply every couple of weeks. If you find the Mini not hitting as well then put a small dab on the pin. Some people do it weekly, some bi-weekly and some once a month. I am in the latter group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread