REO Tips & Tricks...some basic troubleshooting ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
i'm quite sure everyone with a mini has already figured this out - but apparently i'm a li'l slower. the first couple weeks i have been pushing the fire button as far down as i could - thinking that's what i had to do to get it to fire. it was kind of pet peeve - but not enough to say anything.
but then today i finally realized that i don't have to put hardly any pressure on it in order to make contact with the battery.
the mini reo love affair started all over again.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
i'm quite sure everyone with a mini has already figured this out - but apparently i'm a li'l slower. the first couple weeks i have been pushing the fire button as far down as i could - thinking that's what i had to do to get it to fire. it was kind of pet peeve - but not enough to say anything.
but then today i finally realized that i don't have to put hardly any pressure on it in order to make contact with the battery.

I did that too. I even PM'd Rob about how hard I had to press the button :facepalm:

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
i just about lost the door on my new mini reo this past weekend when i pulled it out of my bag, so i decided i needed to try to remedy this from happening again.
i had a tiny disk magnet and found a small head nail (has to have some steel in it so a magnet sticks to it) and cut it to 9/16" - then i hand filed the cut end smooth.
i placed the door (inside facing up) and placed the new magnet on the door magnet (to get the right polarity) and placed a dot of super glue on top of the new magnet then i placed the filed side of the nail on top of the super glue.
let that sit and dry.
then i place a dot of glue on the nail head and placed it at the inside base of the reo case, in between where the battery and the bottle go - so it is somewhat center - after it had dried a bit, i added a little more super glue to where the nail head attached to the case.
i then added a drop more glue around where the new magnet touches the case (at the base).
let it dry thoroughly.

so far it has stayed in place!
and when i slide the door down now, it has that second magnet to catch it from falling.
i don't think this is permanent fix, but for now, it is working.

reo.jpg

reoA.jpg

reoC.jpg

reoD.jpg

reoE.jpg

reoF.jpg

Well, I wouldn't put anything made out of metal inside my Woodvil, or a Mini if I had one. If that comes loose it could ground the battery and cause a dissaster. jmho

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery

zenoland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Central Florida

Oh, bless you for saying this! I was sitting here wondering why no one complains about how hard it is to push that button down on my grand so I suspected I was doing something wrong. My poor little fingers!

Thank you much!

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Oh, bless you for saying this! I was sitting here wondering why no one complains about how hard it is to push that button down on my grand so I suspected I was doing something wrong. My poor little fingers!

Thank you much!

oh yay! i'm just glad to know that i was not alone :)
yep, it becomes so much more of a pleasure to use knowing this.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Do you go thru the same amount of attys on a reo woodvil as you do a regular e cig? Or does one atty last longer? Or do you only ever need just one per woodvil? Sorry if this is a newbie question, but i'm relatively newbie'ish, and i got lucky enough to find a woodvil today in the classifieds, (knock on wood...yes pun intended)...so i'm going about the threads, doing my homework. But I havent seen anything mentioned about this. I got everything down pat, except i'd like more info on how the attys work with these, the longevity etc. I have an 810 reo woodvil coming. thanks.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Do you go thru the same amount of attys on a reo woodvil as you do a regular e cig? Or does one atty last longer? Or do you only ever need just one per woodvil? Sorry if this is a newbie question, but i'm relatively newbie'ish, and i got lucky enough to find a woodvil today in the classifieds, (knock on wood...yes pun intended)...so i'm going about the threads, doing my homework. But I havent seen anything mentioned about this. I got everything down pat, except i'd like more info on how the attys work with these, the longevity etc. I have an 810 reo woodvil coming. thanks.

That is a beautiful mod. Congratulations! Attys are kind of strange...they can last an hour, or months (with proper care). I have only limited experience with 801's because I got a Woodvil with a native 801 connection and discovered that I don't like using 801 atomizers. Rob changed it to a 510 for me, which I like much better. You might want to order an 801:510 adapter because 510's are easier to get and 801's have a "different" draw. I equate it to cigar smoking (801) vs cigarette smoking (510/306).

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
i just got some 306's low res attys today. i am also impressed and pleased with them. i got the drip tip and couldn't figure out how to separate the atty from the "cap" - so i called the vendor. well, duh! ya have to screw it ON the pv first and tug it off so i could get the drip tip on. i also de-wicked it and found i liked it that way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread