Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I don't know but it seems so. This guy is very battery centric. It lists both battery voltages, the percentage based on battery voltage (so the %can vary quite a bit after you are done firing till it settles back down). It has a visual bar at the bottom for a more rough and probably because it isn't updated as quickly more accurate battery charge. So year the Amp measurement seems to be from the battery when firing, and what it last was pulling, after you are done firing.
That would be great (though it sucks if you can't see the amps in tc mode). I haven't had any sigelei mods but this one looks really interesting. Not that I think I'd need tfr, mostly due to the 213 being a thing of beauty. Straight on the top of me my head I really can't think of a (normal mass market) mod that looks as good.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
The Cuboid is built well, has equal power, and is small as well.

I have the Cuboid and very much enjoy it. I would never say that it's built well. The build quality is commensurate to its price.

Why did Sigelei go through the trouble of including it if so few will use it?

Sigelei is the manufacturer. Suprimo designed the 213. TFR is a feature that Suprimo already had on its previous mod. The company didn't "go through the trouble" for anything. It's just the next iteration of what it already had. Prior to partnering with Sigelei, Suprimo's target market was focused on enthusiast vapers and not the broad market that Sigelei sells to.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I have the Cuboid and very much enjoy it. I would never say that it's built well. The build quality is commensurate to its price.

Sigelei is the manufacturer. Suprimo designed the 213. TFR is a feature that Suprimo already had on its previous mod. The company didn't "go through the trouble" for anything. It's just the next iteration of what it already had. Prior to partnering with Sigelei, Suprimo's target market was focused on enthusiast vapers and not the broad market that Sigelei sells to.

I just ordered 750ft of SS 316L from TemCo and I'm finally looking fwd to TC. Thread here: Temco SS wire

I never did TC on any of my other Sigelei mods b/c I did not like what I had read abt Ti and Ni. I feel pretty safe with what I've read on SS. Fingers crossed as I change over from Kanthal A1. The 213 is going to open up a whole new world to ME. I know many at ECF have been doing TC for a long time. I don't always prefer to be cutting edge, but safe. I'm excited abt this mod!

Reactions: RPadTV

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast

I wasn't talking to you so why are you quoting me and responding?

[QUOTE="RPadTV]
    The company didn't "go through the trouble" for anything. It's just the next iteration of what it already had.
    [/QUOTE]

I know about the Suprimo Spade, I started a thread here about it. This is not the same device or software, it isn't that simple.

I want to know where you are getting your facts.

Reactions: nelsonm64

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2014
    USA
    i didn't know it was a problem with sigeleis. this is my first sigelei product. everything i've read says they are a work horse of a mod maker. i guess they did sorta fall off last year when wismec and joyetech took over the game.
    My regular ole Sigelei 150 is a work horse from top to bottom. My 150 with TC isn't a slouch either. Have 0 complaints. The Fuchai is annoying with its misfires. I really hope this is an early batch issue. I really want this mod.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MadVLN

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    I wasn't talking to you so why are you quoting me and responding?

I know about the Suprimo Spade, I started a thread here about it. This is not the same device or software, it isn't that simple.

I want to know where you are getting your facts.
    Its designed by Suprimo that's been pretty out in the open by all parties. With Sigelei as the manufacturer much like Wismec is doing, they have to work with the chips and software Sigelei has available (or work with them to design it depending on the level of partnership) but its not like this is Hohmtech setup. There is not reason to believe that the information and techniques and so on can't be transferred over.

Now whether Suprimo considers this a followup to the spade or how much their previous work made it to the device, I don't know.

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    Its designed by Suprimo that's been pretty out in the open by all parties. With Sigelei as the manufacturer much like Wismec is doing, they have to work with the chips and software Sigelei has available (or work with them to design it depending on the level of partnership) but its not like this is Hohmtech setup. There is not reason to believe that the information and techniques and so on can't be transferred over.

Now whether Suprimo considers this a followup to the spade or how much their previous work made it to the device, I don't know.

I wasn't saying some of the software couldn't be reused, I was saying it isn't as simple as just copying it over. With more power applied in TC the algorithm that controls this would have to be adjusted.

I knew it was designed by Suprimo, it is not hidden.

I don't get the Hohmtech reference?

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    I wasn't saying some of the software couldn't be reused, I was saying it isn't as simple as just copying it over. With more power applied in TC the algorithm that controls this would have to be adjusted.

I knew it was designed by Suprimo, it is not hidden.

I don't get the Hohmtech reference?

Okay that makes sense. It seems like you were dismissing that anything Suprimo has done in the past could have affected the development of the device.

As for Hohmtech. Their TC is done by pulsing the wires to get internal temp readings instead of basing it off of resistance changes (even very minor ones like SS). If Hohmtech was producing it for Suprimo none of their TC work would have ever had chance to make it over to 213. But since everyone else is using the same science to work with the coils it's all pretty much data collection and data input at that point.

Considering the philosophy change from Sig's previous work (though I only have the 150TC to base it off), the TC in this is a complete 180, forget TFR, just including TCR is huge for them. Heck including anything but nickel support was rare (just looked and only found two devices supporting Ti), now they have the 3 major SS types. Also again based off my 150TC, has Sig even used Watts in Temp control before. Mine only uses Joules and I know that's the case for a lot of devices.

Hell reading most of that. I am convinced that RpadTV was right. Besides being a what seems like a great all in one device. So much of even the software is such a big departure for Sig that I would guess that even if Suprimo didn't port over their previous software implementations, that they did design with Sig most of the settings and software.

Reactions: f1vefour

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    As for Hohmtech. Their TC is done by pulsing the wires to get internal temp readings instead of basing it off of resistance changes (even very minor ones like SS). If Hohmtech was producing it for Suprimo none of their TC work would have ever had chance to make it over to 213. But since everyone else is using the same science to work with the coils it's all pretty much data collection and data input at that point.

The Hohm Wrecker G2 definitely does temp control differently among other things, it's why I love mine so much.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2016
    Central WA State
    Sorry to hear about the misfires....the Sig 75 had the same problem, and that's why I ditched it, seems the Fuchai also had some of these issues. Seems a trend with Sigelei, I'll be waiting to see how this works out, as I absolutly hate misfires, so if it is common I'll be skipping this one after all.

yup, i had 2 more misfires last night and one this morning. I have sent the vendor a request for return. I am awaiting their email response back.

Reactions: drugarth

CharTech

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2009
    Carolinas
    Just picked mine up today - I over paid because I did not feel like waiting for USPS. If I don't exchange it, I will post an update. A little buyers remorse on the price, but I suppose an extra $20 won't be the death of me :)

$20 over on-line prices isn't bad for a local B&M. I ordered mine Monday and it should be here tomorrow. Really looking forward to getting this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread