Stealth vape at work

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by shemp, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shemp

shemp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just curious as to how many of you stealth vape at work? There are three of us so far out of 20 people total that have been sneaking at work. We go out in the warehouse or to the bathroom for a serious vape and sneak a hit here and there when we can. Eventually I know the bosses will catch one of us. It will be interesting to see what happens. There has been no smoking in our building since 1991 but plenty of vaping has been happening. The folks still on analogs were kind of ticked today when they had to go out in the +5F temperatures. Its like being back in high school which is plenty fun at age 52.

2. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I vape in my office - so far nobody has complained. Not chain-vaping, just having some whenever the urge strikes. A few folks, even non-smokers, have mentioned that they don't smell a thing. Everyone has been supportive of my quitting, and after I've explained it to them, assume that it is OK to use indoors. Which is a good thing, since it was -4 here this morning :p

3. dohsma

dohsma Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I vape at work constantly... but it's kind of a requirement... :lol:

4. nightwalker83

nightwalker83 Moved On

Yeah well, not all of us can be so lucky lol

5. dohsma

dohsma Vaping Master ECF Veteran

In all seriousness we have a number of companies who have many of their employees vaping, and at work. Seems like they are turning all the smokers into vapers.

6. donnellyk

donnellyk Senior Member ECF Veteran

I am a substance abuse counselor (!) in "recovery" for 16 years...I share freely my past struggles with drugs and alcohol and current nicotine (drug) habit with my clients, it's a great teaching tool for addictions!

Luckily, I have my own little office with my PT hooked up and hiding down into my drawer! (I do not tell the clients this and only a couple co-workers I trust know, "THEY" would probably fire me). You can only imagine how happy I am to have this device in between sessions with my triple load of troubled clients and especially after facilitating Anger Management! Ha, and gratefully getting back to a few puffs after running the Stress Management group!!!

Am I not perfect or what!!!!?? :)

7. plantlvr

plantlvr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I work at a big box store that has very stringent anti-smoking policies. So far so good, almost everyone knows about my new 'habit' and are totally supportive.
    And thanks to my Leaford Lanyard, I can sneak a vape here and there on the floor :D

8. BohNeR

BohNeR Full Member ECF Veteran

I've done it a few times... go to the bathroom stall, and breath the vapor down my shirt.

Undetectable :D

9. Tristar4

Tristar4 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Stealth vaping at work --- I've become an expert. I have no choice, so I have to bend the rules. So be it.

10. maaron

maaron Super Member ECF Veteran

Luckily I don't have to stealth vape at work! I am a chef and I usually bring two batteries with me with carts attached and I keep them in my Thermometer pockets on the sleeve of my chef coat! Makes for easy access!:D

11. Epheon

Epheon Senior Member ECF Veteran

Never stealth it, guess Im lucky. I work at a fuel terminal for Marathon so the only people in and out of the office at night are tanker drivers. And if they arent heading toward the coffee machine then its off to the toilet so I have little interaction with them.

All the office people and the drivers stationed there know about my vaping. Almost have one converted-----gonna be easier now that its finally cold :pNone of them care except for the officer complainer, and all I can say about him is that he isnt fat, he just needs that much room for all that .......:evil:

J-

12. WTF D00D

WTF D00D Senior Member ECF Veteran

I work at a VA Hospital, Graphic Artist/Photographer and have a studio, no one has complained yet or even knows I vape...but I dont hide it either. Waiting for my boss to come in one day and ask what the crack pipe is on my desk since I use a chuck...lol

13. noderat

noderat Full Member Verified Member

I work in a call center for a cell phone company, and a large percentage of the employees smoke but I only know about three or four people who vape (most have terrible Fifty-One PVs) and we all do it on the heated smokers patio - better safe then sorry since this job pays better then pretty much anywhere else and our benefits are incredible. I just don't want to risk it - though I've heard a few people with the Fifty-One PVs have done it in the past because they have some credit card like thing that explains it's not smoke or harmful.

14. chocopie

chocopie Senior Member ECF Veteran

hahahaha LOL :lol::lol: good stuff

15. Adrenalynn

Adrenalynn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Just laminate one of V4L's cards and you will too - it's right there on the back.

16. maaron

maaron Super Member ECF Veteran

Stece's business cards have the same kind of thing printed on the back explaining that they are safe and not smoke.

17. zdaddyl

zdaddyl Super Member ECF Veteran

I work in a really big factory, where there are quite a few good hiding spots. Unfortunately, I tried the business approach and went to the administration with all the info I could gather on the e- cig. They've been giving me the run- around for about three weeks now, can't seem to keep their heads out of their a$$es long enough to make an informed decision on the matter. So, instead of risking my job, for the sake of my family I will remain in hiding. While the rebel inside me screams that I should walk right up there and blow a 13 sec cutoff vape right in their faces!:evil:

18. shemp

shemp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Interesting stories, thanks for sharing. I forgot to mention that I ride public transportation to the loop in Chicago and sneak a few hits on the train too. I keep it in my shirt pocket and bend my neck down to take a hit. Other riders probably think I am sniffing my arm pit or something!
    But I don't care what they think.

19. leaford

leaford Supplier Services Provider ECF Veteran

That's my new favorite phrase!! :D :lol: :D

20. Justin Credible

Justin Credible Senior Member ECF Veteran

I vape fairly often at work, although I only do it in one single area. I've had one manager catch me vaping inside and I was lucky enough to have a co-worker there when she started to lose it that could vouch for the fact that it's just water vapor. After a quick explanation she had no qualms whatsoever, she just walked away.

I'm hoping that some of the other managers, when they finally do catch me, are just as understanding. As of right now I'm kind of riding the fact that there are no rules in place against what I'm doing and pleading ignorance if I get caught.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.